Windows 10: Left Click on Start Does Nothing

Discus and support Left Click on Start Does Nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 was working, then I used CCleaner to delete temporary files. Now, when I left click on Start, there is a momentary blue circle over Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashton, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Ashton Win User

Left Click on Start Does Nothing

Windows 10 was working, then I used CCleaner to delete temporary files. Now, when I left click on Start, there is a momentary blue circle over Start indicating that the machine is busy performing a task, but nothing else happens. Right clicking on start brings up a menu of control panel possibilities but no Live Tiles.

It's possible that the malfunction has nothing to do with CCleaner.

:)

Ashton, Aug 20, 2015

2. Clicking Start Button does nothing

Downloaded Windows 10 yesterday and went thru initial settings and left click on start button worked fine. Before I shut down I launched Excel 2007 and at this time the laptop froze. Since rebooting left click of Start Button does nothing. Came across a
    Geek House post suggesting

1. Go to run (Windows + r)

2. type regedit and press enter.

3. click ok when notification window prompt.

4. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance

5. Create a Dword with name ‘EnableXamlStartMenu’.

6. Give it value 0

7. Log off and login again.

Started doing this but did not know if Dword (32) or (64) so stopped (I am on a 4yr? old ASUS laptop) and really would like to know this is the best approach before doing above. sfc /scannow revealed nothing.

stevepping, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Clicking Start Button does nothing

For me, everything was working fine, except Microsoft Edge which I won't use because it's unsafe for browsing since it doesn't allow extensions. Suddenly, the morning of 9/29/15, left clicking the Start button has done nothing- no programs/apps listed
    on the left edge, no start menu, no pin to start, nothing. I can still right click it to log off or shut down, etc. but my computer, since I was out of town when the last cumulative update was put out, claimed Windows was updating my computer. Can't find
    Windows Update anywhere and the search box doesn't work- Windows Update is gone from Control Panel, no way to access Settings. What a bug-ridden piece of **** Windows 10 is.

KevinQuail, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Left Click on Start Does Nothing

1. Left Click on Start Does Nothing - Similar Threads - Left Click Start

2. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  3. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  4. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clicking Start or Date/Time does nothing - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start or Date/Time does nothing - Windows 10: Hi, clicking the Start icon does nothing, pressing the Windows Key does nothing, and clicking on date/time in the opposite corner does not bring up the calendar (does nothing). I've tried: Everything HereGetting latest Windows updatesTrying to restore CortanaRestarting...
  6. Clicking a Notification Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking a Notification Does Nothing: Both clicking the notification pop-up and clicking the notification in the Action Centre does nothing. I have Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041. After Googling I found multiple suggestions ranging from elaborate fixes by messing with the registry or completely reinstalling...
  7. Clicking Start Menu does nothing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking Start Menu does nothing.: Suddenly I discovered that clicking on my start menu does not work anymore. Even clicking and typing into the search does nothing, so I tried to run the "Troubleshooting" wizard, and it did not find anything. I then tried to check to see if I was missing updates on the...
  8. Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!: When I left Click on Speaker Icon in tray it does NOTHING! This is due to Oct Update. I now have to type "Audio" in search. WHY? Non Sequitur to helping! I use HDMI to watch TV from online. Close to 50% of my time I am there and then need to change it again. _Three...
  9. Start button left click nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button left click nothing happens: Have a Dell XPS 11. Clicking left on start button should open Cortana and Start Options. Nothing happens. There's a hamburger on the top left which will bring up the start menu, Most Used, Recently Added and File Explorer, Settings, etc. At the bottom, Power Symbol and a...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 left click on start does nothing

2. left click on windows 10 does nothing