Windows 10: Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

Discus and support Left-Click on Windows Icon not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have seen this elsewhere but there seem to be different variations... so hopefully okay to post again The Left-Click on Windows Icon not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neil23, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Neil23 Win User

Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

I have seen this elsewhere but there seem to be different variations... so hopefully okay to post again

The Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

Packard Bell Desktop computer was 'trying' to do an update and it seems that following that the left-click option didn't work - not sure if the update worked or not.

:)

Neil23, Nov 13, 2017

2. Left click not working when left click on any file window not responding and you have to force to close the windows... Any solution

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

Right click on the Mouse and click uninstall

Press Alt + F4

Press the Windows key + X

Press the letter U

Press the letter R

Restart in Normal mode and see if the mouse works.

OR

Press Windows key + X

Press the 'M' key

Press tab once

Use the down arround to select Mice and other pointing devices.

Press the right arrow to expand Mice and other pointing devices.

Use the down arrow again to select your HID-Compliant mouse

Press the right click menu key on your keyboard (usually located between the Alt and Control keys)

Select uninstall

Hit Enter

Press Alt + F4

Press the Windows key + X

Press the letter U

Press the letter R

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2017
  3. Left click not working when left click on any file window not responding and you have to force to close the windows... Any solution

Hi MMQureshi,

Did this just start happening? After a recent update? I feel like it's explorer.exe not responding correctly.

let me know and we'll go from there!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Nov 13, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) net user test /add
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) shutdown /r
    When the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test.
    Report into the thread whether the new user has a working start menu and task bar.

In addition to the above step another troubleshooting step is to re-register the start menu.
    Open administrative powershell and copy and paste this command:

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

Then reboot

zbook, Nov 13, 2017
  5. Neil23 Win User
    Thanks

how is this done?

Open administrative powershell and copy and paste this command:

Neil23, Nov 13, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Nov 13, 2017
  7. Neil23 Win User
    Unable to login as 'test' it tries to login and logs out again immediately

Neil23, Nov 13, 2017
  8. Neil23 Win User

BUT - left-click is now working!

Neil23, Nov 13, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    zbook, Nov 13, 2017
  10. Gordon7 Win User
    Are you able to log in to your own account and does everything work alright now -? Left-click OK. (?)

Gordon7, Nov 13, 2017
  11. Neil23 Win User
    Thought this was 'solved' but now back again and worse -

Computer updated itself last night while the computer was on and watching a video - just shut down and updated and it seemed to be okay.
    This morning on booting up now left-click AND right-click on start button doesn't work and also pinned items to task bar are not being displayed but when going to an item such as 'Word' it displays 'unpin' as if it is still pinned.
    The Windows/Start logo cannot be accessed via left-click or right-click - the task view icon next to that can be accessed.

Cannot seem to re-boot and cannot access any programs that are ot on the desktop where the left click and right click are working.

Neil23, Nov 14, 2017
  12. Neil23 Win User
    Managed to reboot - and now all appears to be working okay - but will this issue arise again?
    Seems to be related to updates... any suggestions?

Neil23, Nov 14, 2017
  13. Neil23 Win User

Computer switched on this morning and again the left-click not working on the Windows icon/programmes

Neil23, Nov 15, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    See if you can perform an in place upgrade repair (post #7)

zbook, Nov 15, 2017
  15. Neil23 Win User
    Okay - thanks - missed that reply

What does this mean?

"In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps."

Neil23, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Left-Click on Windows Icon not working - Similar Threads - Left Click Icon

2. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  3. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  4. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop. If I right click I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  5. Left click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left click not working: HelloIve been having an issue with my left click not working on my PC for a few months now - which has steadily gotten worse.It generally occurs if i play games or edit documents - i suspect it comes from using left click too much in a short period of time. But i have not...
  6. Left click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click not working: My laptop not responding to ny left click idk why it's so annoying submitted by /u/rsydxn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knxc57/left_click_not_working/
  7. Left clicking Volume icon not working

Left clicking Volume icon not working: When I try left clicking the volume icon on my taskbar it doesn’t work. Right clicking the apps on my taskbar doesn’t work either. I can left click my apps and open them, but I can’t left click my icons on the right side of the taskbar. I tried to restart my windows explorer...
  8. Left Clicking Windows Icon

Left Clicking Windows Icon: Its been happening for a few weeks lately, but all of a sudden, I can't left click on my windows icon. I can only right click it. Any solutions? submitted by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5ssrc/left_clicking_windows_icon/
  9. Left click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click not working: Windows 10 left click not working on touch pad. External mouse same thing. When I remote into computer it works fine. ???? 98541
  10. left click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    left click not working: USB mouse or touchpad primary click seems to be disabled. Tried reinstalling driver. Double tap on keypad works fine. Left click works virtually over remote control ...just not local. 96431