Windows 10: left mouse click not working

Discus and support left mouse click not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support. my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by neild, Jun 9, 2016.

1. neild Win User

left mouse click not working

Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support.
    my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality. if i return to left click the right button still has its correct functions.

i have had this problem before after an update and system restore sorted it but this did not work this time as i cannot find an early enough restore point ?.
    in settings i've tried deleting wireless sender and mouse a couple of times to force reinstall . the operation was sucssessfull but no change in mouse button problem.
    using the m/soft troubleshooter page i've found out my particular mouse ( m/soft wireless laser mouse 5000) is not supported in win 10 and i should be using the intellipoint 8.2 drivers. however windows is using the keyboard and mouse center drivers and when i try to reinstall intellipoint i get the message " unable to install as later version installed".
    i need to manually turn off / uninstall the keyboard/ mouse center somehow to reinstall the intellipoint drivers , i've followed various tutorials (m/soft and web) but i cannot find one only that only uses keystrokes or does not involve both mouse buttons (i've only got your left button or right button if i revert setting but not both at the same time). I've tried system scan and heath restore and creating second account without win reporting any problems and cc reg scan again no problems. which is why i'm convinced that this is driver problem because windows is looking at the driver and saying this is the latest driver no problem.

90% certain the mouse does function as i've had this problem before and i really don't want to spend £40-£50 on a new mouse for something that can be sorted for free in software.
    thanks for any help you can offer

:)

neild, Jun 9, 2016
  2. Nereus541 Win User

Mouse left-click not working (driver conflict)

I've already tried replacing the drivers using the Device Manager. Attempts to update the drivers fail due to the drivers being the latest and greatest.

It should be noted that Windows 10 troubleshooting supplied a partial answer to the problem. When I attempted to troubleshoot the mouse, it responded that the old technology mouse was attached to a USB 3.0 port and would proceed no further.

1. USB 3.0 ports are supposedly backwards compatible.

2. A mouse is a Human-Interface-Device, relying on user activity for input. Higher speeds are unnecessary.

3. There is no means of forcing re-installation of drivers.

I finally broke down and bought a new wireless mouse. Communication through the USB 3.0 port with the wireless transceiver dongle brings the coms rate up enough that I now have a mouse with left-click capability. I am not happy about spending even more
    of my limited IT budget on hardware, leaving a pile of usable equipment to gather dust on a shelf. I also need to break myself of crossing my arms to move the cursor with the right hand and click the tablet with the left.

Nereus541, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Mouse left click and touchpad not working or behaving randomly after Windows 10 automatic update

I have been unable to use my PC ever since the automatic update for Windows 10 by Microsoft. My mouse is unusable. Not registering clicks, or closing tabs when shifting between tabs, turning into a auto scroll etc. The list is long. Left me frustrated.
    Will Microsoft compensate for so much of lost productive time? Are you selling products without even testing them.

MithunVerma, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Some things to try I don't see mentioned: shut down the computer and pull out the power cord to assure it's full off [normalizes the circuitry especially if static electricity is a problem]. Reboot and try the mouse or the nanoreceiver in a different USB port, not the blue USB 3.0 port [have seen issues with that]. The built-in mouse and keyboard drivers have always worked for me except with the very latest hardware and usually non-Microsoft or non-Logitech were the ones to give a problem.

Berton, Jun 9, 2016
  5. neild Win User
    Thanks tried three different ports and deleting mouse and sender while disconnected. tried disconnection of mains. Tried hard power cycle these didn't work. I would appreciate any further suggestions thanks

neild, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. left mouse click not working - Similar Threads - left mouse click

2. mouse left click not working help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click not working help: hello my mouse has a problem where sometimes it won't left click until i right click first as in i am able to move around the current application i am in and click in it but i can't switch or interact with other applications if i don't right click first i tried to clear...
  3. mouse left click not working help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse left click not working help: hello my mouse has a problem where sometimes it won't left click until i right click first as in i am able to move around the current application i am in and click in it but i can't switch or interact with other applications if i don't right click first i tried to clear...
  4. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  5. Mouse Left Click not working.........

Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  6. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  8. Mouse left click not working

Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  9. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Left click not working on USB mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left click not working on USB mouse: So last night I updated Windows and ever since then when I try left click with my track pad it works and then I will plug in my USB mouse the left click won't work on either the mouse or the track pad. If I unplug the USB mouse then the track pad won't left click anymore...