Windows 10: Left over files?

Discus and support Left over files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, Does anyone know where the left over files and/or folders are when you install a program after you've uninstalled, I am now using Revo but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by partians, Nov 3, 2015.

1. partians Win User

Left over files?

Hey,
    Does anyone know where the left over files and/or folders are when you install a program after you've uninstalled, I am now using Revo but I am not convinced that all files are deleted before the use of Revo.

Thank you.

:)

partians, Nov 3, 2015
  2. LucHadary Win User

Creator's Update folders left over...

Thanks!

Luc

LucHadary, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Creator's Update folders left over...

Hi Luc,

Yes those folders are a result of the Creators Update.

You have indicated that your update was successful so yes you can delete them.

Paul...

PaulSey..., Nov 3, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Left over files?

Depending on the type of application/program, they could be in a number of locations; most likely 'Program Files', Program Files(86), 'Program Data', Users/AppData-Local, Local Low and Roaming.
    You may have to 'dig' for some to find them all.

Edwin, Nov 3, 2015
  5. partians Win User
    Thanks Edwin, found a few unused folders from programs, but I know they're lurking somewhere else.

Thanks for the tip.

partians, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Left over files?

1. Left over files? - Similar Threads - Left files

2. Opening folder inside documents will open dropdown on left side of file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening folder inside documents will open dropdown on left side of file explorer: everytime i open a folder inside documents it will always show that dropdown thing, how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-folder-inside-documents-will-open-dropdown/0dd7896a-5ee5-45e4-ba8a-e5569c37deca
  3. Opening folder inside documents will open dropdown on left side of file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening folder inside documents will open dropdown on left side of file explorer: everytime i open a folder inside documents it will always show that dropdown thing, how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-folder-inside-documents-will-open-dropdown/0dd7896a-5ee5-45e4-ba8a-e5569c37deca
  4. Opening folder inside documents will open dropdown on left side of file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't left click until file explorer is restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't left click until file explorer is restarted: System:Windows 10, 19045Dell 5577, Crucial SSD checked good, 16 GB ram, i5-7300HQBehavior:The left click on any/all items does not work except in task manager. The mouse can be moved with the trackpad or a dedicated mouse, but left clicking is not possible, including on the...
  6. Can't left click until file explorer is restarted

Can't left click until file explorer is restarted: System:Windows 10, 19045Dell 5577, Crucial SSD checked good, 16 GB ram, i5-7300HQBehavior:The left click on any/all items does not work except in task manager. The mouse can be moved with the trackpad or a dedicated mouse, but left clicking is not possible, including on the...
  7. Can't left click until file explorer is restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to remove OneDrive from File Explorer Pin top left corner permanently, why File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove OneDrive from File Explorer Pin top left corner permanently, why File...: Hello, I want to remove OneDrive from the top left corner of File Explorer as it has my real name on both accounts. I have found a method via Windows Registry Editor, but about 2 days after I disable OneDrive's visibility from there, the app spontaneously opens no click by me...
  9. How to remove OneDrive from File Explorer Pin top left corner permanently, why File...

How to remove OneDrive from File Explorer Pin top left corner permanently, why File...: Hello, I want to remove OneDrive from the top left corner of File Explorer as it has my real name on both accounts. I have found a method via Windows Registry Editor, but about 2 days after I disable OneDrive's visibility from there, the app spontaneously opens no click by me...
  10. I tried to take ownership of a file much to my mistake which has left my laptop show the...

I tried to take ownership of a file much to my mistake which has left my laptop show the...: I've looked online and it suggested to do a clean installation of windows using bootable media which I tried but when selecting what drive to install it into there are no drives and when i click browses there is a x drive called boot and a c drive called esd usb but it wont...