Windows 10: Left/Right display swapped

Discus and support Left/Right display swapped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Jun 11, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

Left/Right display swapped

When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the picture vertically and switched the sides. Moving the mouse off the left edge makes it appear on the right edge. I figured it was possibly the video driver so I went to the device manager and removed the driver and restarted. That didn't help, after a few minutes the screen flickered and swapped sides again. I set the computer to safe mode and the screen swapping stopped. My thought is to replace the onboard graphics with a stand-alone card. Do you think I'm on the right track?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Deepak_Krishnan R Win User

Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Guru Kiran G Win User
    Windows 10 Issues with Right and Left Mouse Click

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the delay.

Follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue is resolved:

Step 1:

I would like to suggest that you log into Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persist, if not try the steps below.

Step2:

I suggest that you update your drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Mice and other pointing devices”.
    • Find and double-click graphic adapter
      from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.
    Step 3: Download drivers for 8.1 and install in compatibility mode. Follow the steps below to do so:

• Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Left/Right display swapped

1. Left/Right display swapped - Similar Threads - Left Right display

2. My left and right sound in headphones will swap randomly on my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My left and right sound in headphones will swap randomly on my PC: I would just be playing a game and it would swap left and right on my headphones. If i went onto Sound and Tested the sound it would play the left sound in my right headphone and vice versa. A while later it would sort itself out and switch back. I know I can just "swap your...
  3. Calendar in windows 10 is right to left

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar in windows 10 is right to left: I am on the Israel region but I want to show the Gregorian calendar on my taskbar calendar from left to right as it should be displayed. How can I do that?...
  4. Display or page moves to the left.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display or page moves to the left.: when I go to another page ,my page will go to the left to blank page then comes back to the page before that I was on.This happens when I go to move up the page to search or read.This just started out of the blue one day about a month ago. I have to click on the page first...
  5. Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...: Hello everyone, I know my subject is listing many separate issues but I think they might be connected because they all started one after the other, so listing everything that's been going on might give people a clue as to what's wrong. Last night I turned on my laptop and...
  6. Display Left/Right swapped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Left/Right swapped: [img] When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the picture vertically and switched the sides. Moving the mouse off the left edge makes it appear on the right edge. I...
  7. Muting left/right channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muting left/right channel: Hi, I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops, - Adjusting the balance levels in playback device...
  8. Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display: I just updated my display driver to the latest from Nvidia. Now the left half of the display is darker than the right half. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but the problem remains. The driver is Nvidia 355.60 WHQL , and yes my display card in on the list...
  9. Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 swapped my right and left screens--how do I swap them back?: Just finished upgrading from WIn 7 to Win 10 Pro x64, and it seems to have gone well. But the background image and icons formerly on my left monitor are now on my right one, and vice versa. How, short of physically rearranging the displays, do I get them back where they...
  10. Typing backwards and right to left......... Huh??

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing backwards and right to left......... Huh??: Hi guys, here from Oz,........ just joined as I upgraded the other day, so please bear with me *Confused ........... has anybody came across this glitch as yet, or could it merely be something to do with the forum software and how it reacts to Win10............