Left/Right display swapped

Discus and support Left/Right display swapped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Jun 11, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the picture vertically and switched the sides. Moving the mouse off the left edge makes it appear on the right edge. I figured it was possibly the video driver so I went to the device manager and removed the driver and restarted. That didn't help, after a few minutes the screen flickered and swapped sides again. I set the computer to safe mode and the screen swapping stopped. My thought is to replace the onboard graphics with a stand-alone card. Do you think I'm on the right track?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Deepak_Krishnan R Win User

Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Guru Kiran G Win User
    Windows 10 Issues with Right and Left Mouse Click

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the delay.

Follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue is resolved:

Step 1:

I would like to suggest that you log into Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persist, if not try the steps below.

Step2:

I suggest that you update your drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Mice and other pointing devices”.
    • Find and double-click graphic adapter
      from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.
    Step 3: Download drivers for 8.1 and install in compatibility mode. Follow the steps below to do so:

• Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Left/Right display swapped - Similar Threads - Left Right display

2. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Support
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  3. Windows 10 Display Scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  4. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...: Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even show up as grey/blank photos. The photos are from an iPhoneX and were imported by the photos app. The HEIF files open in...
  5. Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss: I tried to add a monitor (Benq GL2460) to my Lenovo Yoga 310 (Win10) but when I connect it (HDMI cable), I lose the fill screen display and can't access anything (i.e when I try to open an application or service it won't display on my laptop screen or added monitor). When I...
  6. display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    display brightness: Lately I've noticed my display seems dim yet in settings "brightness and color" is set to 100%. Is there a glitch I can fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/display-brightness/407ed27a-fb71-47ac-a2e9-c235450a0ef2
  7. Dual display problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual display problem: I have hooked up dual displays on my Dell XPS computer and cannot get the displays to show dual images IE: screen 1 main screen info and screen 2 separate sheet info. If I select extend image, monitor 2 only has background image and no controls. If I select show only on...
  8. Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10

Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10: I got a new Acer laptop less than a week ago, and installed all of the Windows 10 updates. After that, I found I was no longer able to adjust the screen brightness using the keyboard or anything I can find in Settings. I have read some other threads about how people solved...
  9. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  10. Screen display size

Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....