Windows 10: Left Shift Behaving Strangely

Discus and support Left Shift Behaving Strangely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rezaul_K, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Rezaul_K Win User

Left Shift Behaving Strangely

hi,

I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit.

this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am referring to the number keys on top of the usual QWERTY keys, below the Function keys.

The issue is related with the 'LEFT SHIFT" only.

So when i try to use the Asterisk mark/sign (*) .. which is "Shift + 8". its as simple as it can be.

When i use "LEFT SHIFT + 8" strangely tho nothing happens, Totally blank !!

But when i use "RIGHT SHIFT + 8" the Asterisk mark/sign (*) appears as expected. then i thought it might be any issue related with the "Number 8 key" only. but it is not as it behaves normally with the RIGHT SHIFT keys.

Then i thought it might be a issue with the LEFT SHIFT key, but other than the "LEFT SHIFT + 8" combination, the LEFT SHIFT key works as fine as normal.

I don't know if its any issue related with the hardware or software. I have given it quiet a thorough thought trying to figure out what is the actual cause, but haven't gone around any bit.

I have thought of Resetting the windows 10 installation. But the after math is a nightmare, the installation of countless software and drivers.

Do anyone have faced anything similar like this ? and have anyone got any fix for this ?

:)

Rezaul_K, Aug 6, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Left Shift Behaving Strangely

Switch keyboard layout with right Shift and left Shift

I see only LAlt-Shift, Grave Accent and Ctrl-Shift. The list of options is very limited.

I reckon I will have to use Ctrl-Shift and use right-hand side keys...

Xentrax [Vyacheslav Lanovets], Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Left Shift Behaving Strangely

1. Left Shift Behaving Strangely - Similar Threads - Left Shift Behaving

2. Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely: Windows 11 terminal keeps writing this non stop then goes away automatically and starts again in a bit, MATPE 25932 with x = 4 A[0]= A[1] A[2] = A[3] = A[4] = A[S] = PX+1-PX = 612 with x = 1 10284 with x = 3 25932 with x = 4...
  3. Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely: Windows 11 terminal keeps writing this non stop then goes away automatically and starts again in a bit, MATPE 25932 with x = 4 A[0]= A[1] A[2] = A[3] = A[4] = A[S] = PX+1-PX = 612 with x = 1 10284 with x = 3 25932 with x = 4...
  4. Windows Mail behaves strangely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail behaves strangely?: Hi, I use windows mail but over time it's got weirder and weirder! I use Win Insider build 21277. 1 Sometimes when I start the app it close unexpected 2 I can't add more than 2 google accounts Please help me! Poul Erik Rasmussen...
  5. Mouse clicks behaves strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks behaves strange: I am facing a serious issue with the mouse. Any type of mouse connected to my laptop works fine for few days and after that issues pop up, most often single left mouse click is misinterpreted as multiple clicks two or three. Sometimes a single click will select the whole text...
  6. Windows explorer is behaving very strange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer is behaving very strange: A few weeks ago I started having problems with the explorer. One day it started lagging a lot, freezing and stuff. Then, every time I selected a file it would completely freeze but not showing "Not responding". Later, I stopped having this problem but after a few days I had...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes: So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the...
  8. Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!: I just found out something strange regarding the windows 10 calculator and am posting a video regarding it: https://youtu.be/JLMJXajzkw0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calculator-behaves-strange/ce0ecd87-6fc4-4c59-8b8c-f1b182fc8ac2
  9. Windows everything is behaving strangely.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows everything is behaving strangely.: So after installing a Windows 10 update, my computer started behaving strangely. Namely, the taskbar is unresponsive, all my applications on it are gone, and it literally doesn't work. The start menu, wifi, and other utilities wont open and they won't even be highlighted when...
  10. Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome is active windows first time it types "\ g" and in address bar activates google search. Second time I press alt button it...