Windows 10: Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus

Discus and support Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Antonius Saputra, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus

Hello, my Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling the driver

:)

Antonius Saputra, Aug 16, 2018

2. "Shift + Ctrl + Numbers" thumbnail view shortcut in file explorer of windows 10 1511 not working

Hi Mohak,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Shift + Ctrl + Number shortcut fails to work on Windows 10 after update. I will certainly help you.

As initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to check other keyboard shortcuts like
    Shift + Caps Lock, Ctrl + P, Ctrl + Shift + Esc are working like it should.

Similarly check whether Shift + Ctrl + 3, 4,
    5, 6, 7, 8 keyboard shortcuts which customizes the File Explorer view are working.

Follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1:

1. Right click on Start, navigate to
    Control Panel
    > File Explorer Options.

2. Click on General and View
    tab and click on Restore Defaults > Apply >
    OK

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Rezaul_K Win User

Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus

Left Shift Behaving Strangely

hi,

I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit.

this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am referring to the number keys on top of the usual QWERTY keys, below the Function keys.

The issue is related with the 'LEFT SHIFT" only.

So when i try to use the Asterisk mark/sign (*) .. which is "Shift + 8". its as simple as it can be.

When i use "LEFT SHIFT + 8" strangely tho nothing happens, Totally blank !!

But when i use "RIGHT SHIFT + 8" the Asterisk mark/sign (*) appears as expected. then i thought it might be any issue related with the "Number 8 key" only. but it is not as it behaves normally with the RIGHT SHIFT keys.

Then i thought it might be a issue with the LEFT SHIFT key, but other than the "LEFT SHIFT + 8" combination, the LEFT SHIFT key works as fine as normal.

I don't know if its any issue related with the hardware or software. I have given it quiet a thorough thought trying to figure out what is the actual cause, but haven't gone around any bit.

I have thought of Resetting the windows 10 installation. But the after math is a nightmare, the installation of countless software and drivers.

Do anyone have faced anything similar like this ? and have anyone got any fix for this ?

Rezaul_K, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus

1. Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus - Similar Threads - Left shift tab

2. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  3. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  4. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working

Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working: so basically im on my laptop and after an update i couldnt use left shift, tab, caps lock and windows key not working i already did go to safe mode, reset my pc over windows and usb stick and watched 1000 tutorials and still cant figure out what happend. Also i did go to bios...
  6. left shift not working

left shift not working: hey! my left shift is not working. I've tried to update drivers, turned sticky keys on and off, and reset my computer. Odd thing is when i reset it ly left shift works for around 1 minute then stops working. I need help! thanks!...
  7. Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10: The left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10. My keyboard driver is updated and so is my windows 10. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-shift-tab-and-caps-keys-are-not-working-on/c210a848-91f1-4493-90bb-2696793d20c9
  8. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working: I don't know when these keys stop working properly, but i suspect it's Epic Games causing the problem, as before that all keys are working. Before that only the E key has some slight problem due to I sometimes press E too hard while playing Minecraft. But for the keys that...
  9. Left shift not working

Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...
  10. number keys not working except 5 and 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    number keys not working except 5 and 6: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift numbers not working

2. five six plus minus ctrl keys stopped working on laptop virus remove file