Windows 10: Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade

Discus and support Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Disk cleanup did remove \Windows Old, but there is another folder. Running Pro and the folder is C:\windows10upgrade Does anyone else have this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ken1943, Jun 5, 2017.

1. ken1943 Win User

Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade

Disk cleanup did remove \Windows Old, but there is another folder.
    Running Pro and the folder is C:\windows10upgrade
    Does anyone else have this and what to do with it ? Only has 19 mb in it.

Tnx

:)

ken1943, Jun 5, 2017

2. Leftovers from the upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Yes, you can delete $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS folders but in future if you want to roll back to the previous OS then you will not be able to roll back.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 5, 2017
  3. gilaklek Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Lag

Hi Janeane Cru,

Thanks for the reply but that will not work for me because after installing the Creators Update. I thought it was lagging because of some leftover stuff from windows 8. I went and formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Creators Update which I
    made using the Media Creation Tool so the steps in the link you've provided doesn't work for me.

gilaklek, Jun 5, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 5, 2017
  5. ken1943 Win User
    Thank You, didn't know that

ken1943, Jun 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade - Similar Threads - Leftover Folder Creator

2. Leftover, Bugged Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Leftover, Bugged Folders: I renamed my user folder including the required changes in Computer Management and Registry Editor. It glitched my iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos folders in the file explorer main menu and caused other problems, so I reverted back. Still, there are these two blank folders....
  3. How to remove leftover OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove leftover OneDrive folder: Basically I removed an old institutional account from my pc and removed it from one drive, or at least I thought because it's still in the file manager since then (more than 3 months ago) and I can't find a way to remove it. I have another personal folder + another...
  4. Leftover HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Leftover HD: Got a new Omen that only has two HD drive bays. Previous PC had 3. So, using Mini Partition tool, I formatted the leftover 2TB drive. Got rid of everything I didn't need or want except the drive titles: HP 2TB (C:) and HP Recovery (D). Is there a way to delete these drive...
  5. Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it OK/safe to manually delete the leftover files and folders after program Uninstallation?: Apparently Cubase left bunch of files and folders inside Appdata and roaming folder inside C drive after I Uninstalled it. I noticed my disk disk space didn't increase after the Uninstallation process and after a Google search I found out about left over files and folders. Is...
  6. Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.: I was using a custom theme that I downloaded from the internet before upgrading to the Creator's Update But I deleted it in safe mode basically if I go to Right Click>Personalization>Themes the settings crash and the Themes section doesn't open in control panel. Any...
  7. AVG leftovers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG leftovers: Hello, Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry. Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed...
  8. After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working: Yesterday, I upgrade windows to fall creator and now my HP 1020 Plus printer (2017 Mfg) is not working. I ran the MS troubleshooter but it did not find any problem. 97000
  9. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update: So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update. Event 7000 Service Control Manager The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported. Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why...
  10. Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Files in folders auto arrange after the Creators Update: I got the update today and of course, everything was arranging alphanumerically. I quickly managed to get the files on my desktop to stop moving everytime I refreshed, but nothing works for anything in a folder, and Brink's tutorial no longer works. I have a large number of...