Windows 10: Legacy Server not working without SMB 1.0 Need suggestions please

Discus and support Legacy Server not working without SMB 1.0 Need suggestions please in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys! I recently clean installed Windows 10 RS4 April 2018 update on my Laptop. So far so good. After a while I noticed that I couldn't see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by orbitalfenestra, May 23, 2018.

1. Legacy Server not working without SMB 1.0 Need suggestions please

Hi guys!

I recently clean installed Windows 10 RS4 April 2018 update on my Laptop. So far so good. After a while I noticed that I couldn't see my others computers (one is a PC and the other one is a server). I investigated and after catching up I realized it was because SMB 1.0 is no longer included with the current Windows 10 iteration. Well... no shit! lol

Probably a lot of people currently having issues with their home network is because of that. This being said, I found this MS article and I can now see my network computers again (yay). But this is not really helping for my legacy server tho...

The article is here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ult-in-windows

I read there is huge security concern about SMB 1.0 so my question is this one:

Is there any workaround that would allow me to use my server in windows explorer without SMB 1.0?

Thanks!

:)

orbitalfenestra, May 23, 2018

2. .NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 24, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Legacy Server not working without SMB 1.0 Need suggestions please

1. Legacy Server not working without SMB 1.0 Need suggestions please - Similar Threads - Legacy Server working

2. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  3. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  4. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Use of SMB 1 on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use of SMB 1 on Windows 10 Pro: I am running Windows 10 Pro. Until 2020 I have been able to attach USB storage hard drives to both my Netgear and Netcomm routers for all devices linked to my private network. Now neither router can access the attached storage hard drive. Netcomm has advised that Microsoft...
  6. suggestions please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    suggestions please: Every time I try to sync my email I get error code 0x800400c8. if I try to reset my computer it tells me there was a "problem" and no changes made. hp support assistant won't update or run any troubleshooting. it gives me a non specific error message. there's no problem with...
  7. smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

smb 1 to smb2 upgrade: I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB 1, and SMB 2 is...
  8. suggestions for a laptop please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    suggestions for a laptop please: Looking at budget approx £500 need something at college level, for web design Unity projects etc. quite happy with Non Intel CPU if gives better price / performance. have heard that latest laptops have HDD's that are difficult to replace....but battery life is not...
  9. Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion: Hi all, I am looking for a freeware utility or perhaps something with a small price tag that can search a folder, and return a list of subfolders that do NOT contain a specific file type. So, I'm not looking to find files, but looking to find folders that don't contain...
  10. DNS server suggestions.

DNS server suggestions.: Hiya. I need some suggestion on good DNS servers that I can connect to and not find myself with problems all the time, I've used FF, Chrome, Edge and Comodo Dragon but all seem to have issues especially with the DNS that I'm connected to. I'm currently using the Google...