Windows 10: Legacy software won't work

Discus and support Legacy software won't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My legacy software won't work after Office 365 crashed and had to be re-installed. I identified a problem with a win-x upgrade in February 2018 as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rob - Business, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Legacy software won't work

My legacy software won't work after Office 365 crashed and had to be re-installed. I identified a problem with a win-x upgrade in February 2018 as the culprit.

The network was operational.

Microsoft put a level 1 technician on the job, who recommended re-installing X [the unknown quantity]. This didn't work properly, so ".....we will need to remove and re-format the drives...".

I removed over 1.5TB data and this was done. Now no legacy software will install.

Level 2 technician says "...your computer is too old and will only work on 8.1....". Funny, legacy software worked on X OK before the (around) 18th February 2018 update of X. I asked why and could not answer the question.

Went to a level 3 technician. Same issues and blamed the system as incompatible.

[By the way, bought a new machine and the technician could not even install the DVD drivers and this did not allow my network, legacy software and stopped my lcd display to work].

The problem is an error in NTVDM.exe execution.

I just want my machine back to where it was operational with legacy software and using Office-365.

Simple request, now level 3 technician will not return calls, despite agreeing to do so.

So now I have:

• 4 machines [2-laptops, 1-desktop and one server] not networking;
    • No legacy software;
    • $500,000 of developed software unavailable;
    • A disaster;
    • Almost 6-months without a proper operating system;
    • Can't turn off the win-x auto update to prevent problems like this as I had stopped "auto" a long time ago when there was a similar problem with WIN-PRO

Further to this, there was a WIN-7 update which resulted in the ATI drivers on my laptop being destroyed. No screen and 5 hours to fix.

NOT HAPPY

:)

Rob - Business, Aug 1, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 1, 2018
  3. google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Aug 1, 2018
  4. ShonkaiDJ Win User

Legacy software won't work

Legacy software not being listed

To explain: the all users Program data folder has teamviewer:

Legacy software won't work [​IMG]

But the Alphabet-menu 'All Apps' does not:

Legacy software won't work [​IMG]

ShonkaiDJ, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Legacy software won't work

1. Legacy software won't work - Similar Threads - Legacy software won't

2. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task planner and legacy software: I have a problem with Task Planner Windows 10. I have a very old utility which should run every few minutes. It worked fine under windows10 until I ported it to a different win10 computer: Task Planner can't run the utility. HOWEVER, it runs fine when I start it by hand! I...
  3. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task planner and legacy software: I have a problem with Task Planner Windows 10. I have a very old utility which should run every few minutes. It worked fine under windows10 until I ported it to a different win10 computer: Task Planner can't run the utility. HOWEVER, it runs fine when I start it by hand! I...
  4. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  6. Use of legacy 3rd party software

Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  7. legacy software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    legacy software: I have an old computer system running Windows XP. The time is coming for getting a new system probably with Windows 10. On the old system I have installed and am using Visual Studio. In particular I make extensive use of Visual Basic ver. 5. What must I do to carry over...
  8. legacy software

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy software: How do I install and run Windows 7 games in windows 10? I have the complete MYST series and recentlyl purchased an HP computer running Windows 10, but when I install the program it will not run. Help??...
  9. Legacy software not being listed

Legacy software not being listed: Hi all, I upgraded to 10 a few days ago and have found that, although previously installed software is still installed and accessible, they are not being listed in the "All Apps" list and also not in the Uninstall list (only software installed since the upgrade is in...
  10. Legacy software

Legacy software: Ok Here goes. I have a piece of legacy software that I use for my business that gives me issues under Windows 10. Maybe someone can help me with this puzzle. First off, this software was written back in the good 'ole Win 95 days and is now out of print. I have been...