Windows 10: Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?

Discus and support Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello folks! I am dual-booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and consequently have a properly activated Windows 10 installed on my PC. Now, I'm working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by mrmatteastwood, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?

Hello folks!

I am dual-booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and consequently have a properly activated Windows 10 installed on my PC.

Now, I'm working from home and my company requires that I keep this time-tracking app running while I work. It's a Windows app, but I work in Ubuntu. I need to find some solution to have it running while I do my work, and for that, I'd like to set up a Windows 10 virtual machine in which the app runs while I'm in Ubuntu.

Do you guys know whether I can just use my Windows 10 disc to install and activate Windows 10 in VirtualBox? Will it activate properly?

:)

mrmatteastwood, Aug 18, 2015
  2. tkarhu Win User

PC Suite with virtualized Windows NOT working

Same here, N91, Vista on Virtualbox 1.6.2 on Ubuntu 8.04. Cannot connect via USB.

tkarhu, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Leonid302 Win User
    win10 installed on wrong disk

only ubuntu in virtualbox. but im already fixed the problem. re-install. im loged in to close question.

Leonid302, Aug 18, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?

Thats what I'm about to attempt. I want a virtual copy of 10 so I can test things and add insider stuff. I'm using the upgrade copy of Windows 10 I got free from being an insider.

swarfega, Aug 18, 2015
  5. pparks1 Win User
    It's not going to activate properly. You could download the 90 day Windows 10 eval, and just reinstall it 4 times a year. If you only have to run that one time tracking app on it, that won't be too hard.

For testing guys, get the 90 day eval. Don't have to worry about activation. You can get it from here: Windows 10 Enterprise | TechNet Evaluation Center

pparks1, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Yeah, I did some more research myself in the meantime, and the gist of it is, if you want to run Windows (any version) in a VM, you need to have a separate license for it.

The tech preview was one thing I considered, but I think I'll go with Wine for that one app, hoping it runs properly. Thanks!

mrmatteastwood, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Elsewhere on this Virtualization forum I wrote something applicable to your query, Matt - with a few minor changes:

Virtual Machine (VM), Windows Virtual PC Browserstack : Microsoft Edge Dev is a source for a Microsoft Windows 10 VM - although time limited, using a snapshotting method in your VM platform, they need never run out, according to:
    http://modernievirt.blob.core.window...rms_1_5_15.pdf.

The Platforms available are HyperV, VirtualBox and VMWare on Windows, Mac and Linux. All free and legit.

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?

1. Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate? - Similar Threads - Legit VirtualBox Ubuntu

2. PC is legit but not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC is legit but not activated: I went to a repairshop and they repaired my PC. All is fine however when I got home the PC tells me that it is not activated. This is the second time we repair the PC, at first we dont have a problem but now it states that I dont have a valid license. I need help....
  3. PC is legit but not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is legit but not activated: I went to a repairshop and they repaired my PC. All is fine however when I got home the PC tells me that it is not activated. This is the second time we repair the PC, at first we dont have a problem but now it states that I dont have a valid license. I need help....
  4. Ubuntu freezing or not starting in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Ubuntu freezing or not starting in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]Virtual Machines are like a gateway to enjoying multiple OSs on a single system. A Windows user can enjoy Linux, Mac, and other operating systems. However, a lot of users are complaining that Ubuntu is freezing in Oracle VirtualBox. We are going to resolve this issue...
  5. Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error

Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro license installed on VIRTUALBOX, and for this usage only Originaly it was a Windows 7 Pro license upgraded to 10. I wasn't have a microsoft account. All works perfectly since 1 year. The disk file VDI was on a mecanic hard-drive. It was...
  6. System Service Exception on starting ubuntu in virtualbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Service Exception on starting ubuntu in virtualbox: I'm trying to start an Ubuntu image on virtual-box but every time i click start the windows stops with an 'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION' and a blue screen, attached is the link to a one drive folder containing my minidumps for the last 3 occurrences, kindly guide me to resolve...
  7. Booting legit windows10 instance from my virtualBox on ubuntu

Booting legit windows10 instance from my virtualBox on ubuntu: Dear Microsoft Team, I have a dual-boot PC with a linux Ubuntu 18.04 (partition U1) and a Windows10 (partition W1) with a licence. I worked all the time with ubuntu and I am able to launch the system on W1 (the same windows10 than the one that I can boot from the dual boot)...
  8. Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

Win 10 activation on Virtualbox: Hi, I had a Win 7 which I've upgraded to Win 10 and inside that Win 10 I've instaled virtualbox with win 10 technical preview to see what's comming next. Not long ago I've bought ssd and I've done clean installation and because motherboard and cpu was the same there was no...
  9. 0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest

0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest: Hi, I bought my laptop with Win10 pre-installed but then I decided to remove it to install Ubuntu and then have my windows 10 running from a virtual machine (Virtualbox). Before removing original pre-installed W10, I downloaded the ISO file. After intalling ubuntu, I...
  10. How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox: I have updated my OS to Windows 10 which has been activated during the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit. I have added Windows 10 as a guest in Virtualbox, how do I validate the Windows 10 guest? 25675