Windows 10: Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues

Discus and support Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Afternoon All, I am a bit lost here and was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or knows of any fixes. These are work computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maximusi, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Maximusi Win User

Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues

Good Afternoon All,

I am a bit lost here and was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or knows of any fixes. These are work computers hence the difference models all clean installs of windows 10 not upgraded T2 versions now downloaded from volume licensing.

Our installs are cleaned install from Windows install disc all updates applied attached to domain and then put into a group with various policies applied (different policies depending on location of building)

However they all have in common random issues to do with sleep/shutdown

Lenovo Edge 71:

This is the biggest problematic one you press shutdown and it starts the shutdown process and ends with the screen going off but the computer itself never ever goes off (we have left one for over 24 hours in this state) and in the end you have to hold down the power button to get it off. This happens on ALL E71 computers with Windows 10

Lenovo E72:

This one is not too much of an issue it is intermittent and we don't experience it alot but computers fail to come back from sleep the light powers on but nothing ever on screen and needs a button hold down to power off.

Lenobo E73:

Now this is the most interesting. They go and return from sleep ok except I get some very interesting problems on different machines:

• I have a machine that can not double click on folders (or even right click and open) just does nothing then after several minutes they start working again but everything else appears to be working during this time
    • Another machine Outlook fires up but the persons signature is missing (These are stored in %AppData%\Microsoft\Signatures\) and the file is there and readable. Whats more if he tries to add an attachment it gives up the error of insufficent memory. However closing and reopening Outlook fixes the problem. But this happens even if Outlook was closed before sleep and opened freshly after sleep.
    • I have had desktops go blank upon powering back on but they are redirected on the network and a simple right click refresh fixes it so its like the network isn't coming up fast enough but this does cause lots of support calls.
    • We have also had the same problem as the E72's where the screen doesn't come back on from sleep however I haven't experienced this for awhile now.

:)

Maximusi, Aug 11, 2016
  2. sassvass Win User

nokia e73

Since E73 is allmost identical to E72, could it be possible to put E73 firmware on to the E73 (e73 lacks the scandinavian language support)

sassvass, Aug 11, 2016
  3. NYTM---01 Win User
    REALLY GET ANGRY

well i let you know whats going on, i really think that all the programs for the E72 should work with the E73, does anybody kno how to make the E73 use the same programs as the e72

NYTM---01, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues

1. Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues - Similar Threads - Lenovo Edge E72

2. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep/Power settings issue: I have a W10 machine running latest updates. I have set power to sleep after 15 minutes, but it shuts down instead of going to sleep. I have tried going through all power & sleep settings to no avail. Possibly a registry setting? Anyone have advice?...
  3. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep/Power settings issue: I have a W10 machine running latest updates. I have set power to sleep after 15 minutes, but it shuts down instead of going to sleep. I have tried going through all power & sleep settings to no avail. Possibly a registry setting? Anyone have advice?...
  4. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Power/Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power/Sleep issue: I have a Dell HP Pavillion desktop 590 with windows 11. Since I purchased the computer, it has never been able to restart after it goes into sleep mode requiring me to have to completely disconnect it from the outlet wait about 30 seconds then plug it back in before it will...
  6. Power/Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power/Sleep issue: I have a Dell HP Pavillion desktop 590 with windows 11. Since I purchased the computer, it has never been able to restart after it goes into sleep mode requiring me to have to completely disconnect it from the outlet wait about 30 seconds then plug it back in before it will...
  7. Power and sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep issue: I'm having a frustrating time with explorer.exe crashing when the monitors wake up.After several hours left alone, when I go to 'wake up' the computer, my desktop background are black, the start menu button is missing and the system tray looks all mangled. The only way to get...
  8. Power/Sleep issues

Power/Sleep issues: Hi All, My Power/Sleep issues only started up after the October updates started to come in. I've tried everything without success. To me it's just another of the things that have plagued Windows since day 1, updates and past issue fixes put forward only to be replaced with...
  9. sleep and power issue

sleep and power issue: I have a Lenovo PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and a HPw17e monitor. Monitor will not wake from sleep. PC is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but it goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but I have to do a hard reboot...
  10. sleep/power issue

sleep/power issue: i have an hp laptop that i have set to never turn off, sleep or hibernate when the lid is closed so i can run full av scans at night. however, when i open the laptop up to check the results, the system blinks, then blacks out forcing a reboot. i have set this using advanced...