Windows 10: Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues

Discus and support Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Afternoon All, I am a bit lost here and was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or knows of any fixes. These are work computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maximusi, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Maximusi Win User

Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues

Good Afternoon All,

I am a bit lost here and was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or knows of any fixes. These are work computers hence the difference models all clean installs of windows 10 not upgraded T2 versions now downloaded from volume licensing.

Our installs are cleaned install from Windows install disc all updates applied attached to domain and then put into a group with various policies applied (different policies depending on location of building)

However they all have in common random issues to do with sleep/shutdown

Lenovo Edge 71:

This is the biggest problematic one you press shutdown and it starts the shutdown process and ends with the screen going off but the computer itself never ever goes off (we have left one for over 24 hours in this state) and in the end you have to hold down the power button to get it off. This happens on ALL E71 computers with Windows 10

Lenovo E72:

This one is not too much of an issue it is intermittent and we don't experience it alot but computers fail to come back from sleep the light powers on but nothing ever on screen and needs a button hold down to power off.

Lenobo E73:

Now this is the most interesting. They go and return from sleep ok except I get some very interesting problems on different machines:

• I have a machine that can not double click on folders (or even right click and open) just does nothing then after several minutes they start working again but everything else appears to be working during this time
    • Another machine Outlook fires up but the persons signature is missing (These are stored in %AppData%\Microsoft\Signatures\) and the file is there and readable. Whats more if he tries to add an attachment it gives up the error of insufficent memory. However closing and reopening Outlook fixes the problem. But this happens even if Outlook was closed before sleep and opened freshly after sleep.
    • I have had desktops go blank upon powering back on but they are redirected on the network and a simple right click refresh fixes it so its like the network isn't coming up fast enough but this does cause lots of support calls.
    • We have also had the same problem as the E72's where the screen doesn't come back on from sleep however I haven't experienced this for awhile now.

:)

Maximusi, Aug 11, 2016
  2. sassvass Win User

nokia e73

Since E73 is allmost identical to E72, could it be possible to put E73 firmware on to the E73 (e73 lacks the scandinavian language support)

sassvass, Aug 11, 2016
  3. NYTM---01 Win User
    REALLY GET ANGRY

well i let you know whats going on, i really think that all the programs for the E72 should work with the E73, does anybody kno how to make the E73 use the same programs as the e72

NYTM---01, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues

1. Lenovo Edge 71/E72 and E73 Sleep/Power issues - Similar Threads - Lenovo Edge E72

2. sleep and power option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  3. power and sleep

power and sleep: the setting appears correct but the screen does not go dark after the set time regardless. How do I re-set it to go off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep/29aa110c-2bf7-4052-8734-40665671d648
  4. sleep/power issue

sleep/power issue: i have an hp laptop that i have set to never turn off, sleep or hibernate when the lid is closed so i can run full av scans at night. however, when i open the laptop up to check the results, the system blinks, then blacks out forcing a reboot. i have set this using advanced...
  5. power and sleep

power and sleep: dear people … after about a month and some updates the power & sleep settings just does not work period … when the "when plugged in" screen is set to 10 minutes and sleep is set to 15 minutes … and … "screen saver is set start after idle for 3 minutes … in less than a...
  6. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  7. lenovo x1 does not go to sleep when power is plugged

lenovo x1 does not go to sleep when power is plugged: my lenovo x1 carbon does not go to sleep after i close my lid only if its plugged to charger. when i unplug it, it goes to sleep normally by closing lid. this happened only when its plugged to charger. i have looked into alot of the forms in this community but still does...
  8. Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working: Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see attached screen dump--and my laptop being plugged in, it still goes to sleep / shuts down after a short time of inactivity....
  9. Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working: Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see attached screen dump--and my laptop being plugged in, it still goes to sleep / shuts down after a short time of inactivity....
  10. Lenovo edge 15

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo edge 15: Okay so, I left my laptop on while I went to go feed my dogs, and when I came back I couldn't view the desktop or anything, it was just a black screen with a gray and blue box in the middle In the box it says Boot menu 1. windows boot manager 2.ATA HDD: DISK And then...