Windows 10: Lenovo Laptop Owners: How do you get into BIOS with Fn key?

Discus and support Lenovo Laptop Owners: How do you get into BIOS with Fn key? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was working on a Lenovo laptop this weekend. Could not get into the UEFI Bios using a function key. I could get to the Boot Menu using the Fn + F12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, Mar 25, 2017.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Lenovo Laptop Owners: How do you get into BIOS with Fn key?

I was working on a Lenovo laptop this weekend. Could not get into the UEFI Bios using a function key.
    I could get to the Boot Menu using the Fn + F12 keys however.
    I had a lot to do, so I had no time to spend screwing with it. I just used the Windows 10 Recovery method to get in (what a long, circular process).

I tried the function keys most common for Lenovo: F1 & F2. With and without the Fn key. I also tried turning off Fast Boot. The system just ignored all.

So if you own a newer Lenovo laptop, how do you get in?

:)

2. Spharmon Win User

Unmountable Boot Volume Error

My Lenovo laptop will not boot. Every time I turn it on, it shows the Lenovo logo with the spinning circle of dots underneath it, but after about thirty seconds, it takes me to a BDOS screen with the error Unmountable Boot Volume. Every solution I've seen
    for this says to reinstall Windows 10 using a flash drive or dvd. I have a bootable flash drive with Windows 10 on it, however I cannot access the BIOS to tell my laptop to boot from USB instead. No matter what I do, I can't get to the BIOS screen. I've tried
    pushing every function key (with and without shift and/or the fn key). I don't have a novo button.

Any help on how to access BIOS? Or should I just buy a new laptop?

Edit: it is a Lenovo Flex 2 (15 inch)

Spharmon, Mar 25, 2017
  3. epetru Win User
    Cursor has disappeared with Windows 10 update

on my Lenovo, the Fn-F6 (or F6 depending on how the bios is setup) turns the mouse ON/OFF. After returning from Sleep mode, my cursor does not appear until I hit that Fn key 2X

epetru, Mar 25, 2017
  4. Lenovo Laptop Owners: How do you get into BIOS with Fn key?

TairikuOkami, Mar 25, 2017
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Oh fer...... LOL!

I'll check that out the next time I see it. It's 60 miles away now!

6. Tell me about it, I have spent hours trying to find the right key combination. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Mar 25, 2017
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    If I had had more time I would just be getting to the > and ? keys now!

My favorite diagnostic tool was not working either: yelling un-publishable words at it!

Thema:

Lenovo Laptop Owners: How do you get into BIOS with Fn key?

1. Lenovo Laptop Owners: How do you get into BIOS with Fn key? - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop Owners

2. how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?: alright, so I want to disable the function keys due to how annoying they are in some games but everything I've tried has failed, I've tried pressing,FN + caps lock,FN + esc but they do not work, and I don't wanna have to hold down FN every time I wanna do something...
  3. how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?: alright, so I want to disable the function keys due to how annoying they are in some games but everything I've tried has failed, I've tried pressing,FN + caps lock,FN + esc but they do not work, and I don't wanna have to hold down FN every time I wanna do something...
  4. How do you get access to a Windows 10 laptop if you have lost the password? Lenovo ideapad

How do you get access to a Windows 10 laptop if you have lost the password? Lenovo ideapad: I am trying to help a client with troubleshooting and accessing a laptop she has from her deceased father. She doesn't have access to the email address for his Microsoft account. She has a notebook from him with some passwords and a PIN, but the passwords and PIN didn't work...
  5. How do you get access to a Windows 10 laptop if you have lost the password? Lenovo ideapad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you get access to a Windows 10 laptop if you have lost the password? Lenovo ideapad: I am trying to help a client with troubleshooting and accessing a laptop she has from her deceased father. She doesn't have access to the email address for his Microsoft account. She has a notebook from him with some passwords and a PIN, but the passwords and PIN didn't work...
  6. How do you get access to a Windows 10 laptop if you have lost the password? Lenovo ideapad

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?: I have a problem that the Fn keys are being used without pressing or holding the Fn button. I want to prevent it . What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-keys-do-not-need-to-be-used-with-fn-key-how-to/6a845178-38fd-4d4c-9b0f-122128df346b
  8. Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?

Fn keys do not need to be used with Fn key. How to Remove it ?: I have a problem that the Fn keys are being used without pressing or holding the Fn button. I want to prevent it . What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-keys-do-not-need-to-be-used-with-fn-key-how-to/6a845178-38fd-4d4c-9b0f-122128df346b
  9. how do you Fn Lock the Windows Key?

in Cortana
    how do you Fn Lock the Windows Key?: before my Windows Key did not require the Function key to be pressed to open the search bar, but now it does. how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fn-lock-the-windows-key/9f7c0b07-6840-46d8-a585-8336ae32fa00
  10. FN Lock on Lenovo

in Windows 10 Customization
    FN Lock on Lenovo: My lenovo keyboard doesn't have an fn lock on the esc button, nor does it have an fn lock key. I have tried pressing and esc and it still doesn't work. I have a lenovo flex 14". Are there alternatives to fn locking without the need of fn lock keys?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenova 5 what function key to get into dos

2. which keyboard keys will get me into bios on levino thinkpad