Windows 10: Lenovo R400 laptop Win 10 Pro unable to extend the display

Discus and support Lenovo R400 laptop Win 10 Pro unable to extend the display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Lenovo R400 laptop with docking station operating Window 10 pro but cannot seem to extend the display to use a HP E222 second display.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Belly325, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Belly325 Win User

Lenovo R400 laptop Win 10 Pro unable to extend the display

I have an old Lenovo R400 laptop with docking station operating Window 10 pro but cannot seem to extend the display to use a HP E222 second display. Any thoughts anyone?

:)

Belly325, Jul 7, 2018

2. dual display on Lenovo R400 windows 10

How to detect dual display on Lenovo R400 windows 10

Moved fromLenovo R400 laptop Win 10 Pro unable to extend the display :(Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum)

KHAJAGHOUSUDDIN, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    dual display on Lenovo R400 windows 10

Hi,

When 1 and 2 are posted under the Display option, it means that the device is detecting a video input. Concerns related to signal input could be associated with the driver or the hardware component of your device. To assist you with your concern, you can
    follow these steps on how to configure your secondary monitor on Windows 10. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Check the back or the sides of your laptop to see if it has any of the connectors below.

Lenovo R400 laptop Win 10 Pro unable to extend the display 24c50f77-ae89-4407-82f6-ef3b80cd6481.jpg

• Connect the secondary monitor to your laptop via VGA, DVI or HDMI port.
    • Configure display settings. Right-click on the blank area of the desktop and choose
      Display settings.
    • Click Identify to show numbers on corresponding displays (1 is the primary).
    • Click the Multiple display drop-down list, and then select
      Extend these displays.

Note: If you cannot see the additional monitor(s) listed. Click Detect. If it does not work, try restarting your computer and do steps of switch between display modes by pressing
      “Windows key + P” on your keyboard.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Gelbs Win User

Lenovo R400 - Base System Device/PCI Simple Communications Controller?

I've recently updated my old laptop to a 64-bit Windows 10 system. And it runs and works fine. However, I'm getting these three listed items without a driver in the device manager. I've Googled a lot, but not found anything that works. Any solutions? And has anyone else the same/similar issue with their Lenovo R400 or Lenovo laptop?

Thanks.

Gelbs, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Lenovo R400 laptop Win 10 Pro unable to extend the display - Similar Threads - Lenovo R400 laptop

2. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays: For reasons I won't go into I bought an Apple Studio display to connect to my Dell Windows 10 laptop. The display works, but it only mirrors the display on the laptop. I would like to extend the displays. But when I go into settings it does not identify or detect the Apple...
  3. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays: For reasons I won't go into I bought an Apple Studio display to connect to my Dell Windows 10 laptop. The display works, but it only mirrors the display on the laptop. I would like to extend the displays. But when I go into settings it does not identify or detect the Apple...
  4. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Extended displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  6. Lenovo laptop not downloading Win 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptop not downloading Win 10 2004: I have had the notice that version 2004 with new features is coming soon on my Lenovo laptop Ideapad Yoga 13 for a couple of months but it never downloads. I have checked to make sure all my drivers, bios etc are up to date. Suggestions?...
  7. External display stopped working with Win 10 Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External display stopped working with Win 10 Lenovo laptop: Hi Last week w/c 20 July my Win 10 Lenovo laptop was working fine using an external Acer display model K272HL dis using a known good HDMI lead. Part way through the week it stopped working and this seemed to coincide with an automatic Windows update. Updating or rolling...
  8. Unable to upgrade to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to upgrade to win 10 pro: I purchased win 10 pro from the MS store in Oct 2016. This downlaoded and upgraded ok. Recently the laptop died and has now been replaced. The new laptop came with win 10 home and has been activated. I now want to transferv my licence for pro to the new laptop but I never...
  9. Lenovo R400 - No cursor/Touchpad not working??

Lenovo R400 - No cursor/Touchpad not working??: My old laptop was working fine recently, until now. Basically, unless I use a USB mouse, I can't navigate on my laptop. There's basically no cursor! I have no idea why? I tried installing some things, but to no avail. And I can't even see any R400 Windows 10 drivers. The ones...
  10. Lenovo R400 - Base System Device/PCI Simple Communications Controller?

Lenovo R400 - Base System Device/PCI Simple Communications Controller?: I've recently updated my old laptop to a 64-bit Windows 10 system. And it runs and works fine. However, I'm getting these three listed items without a driver in the device manager. I've Googled a lot, but not found anything that works. Any solutions? And has anyone else the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo r400 base system device driver windows 10