Windows 10: Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2 OS: Windows 10 Pro / Version 1803 / OS build 17134.137 Biometrics device: Fingerprint sensor Synaptics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NiOSaBu, Jul 8, 2018.

1. NiOSaBu Win User

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2

Biometrics device: Fingerprint sensor Synaptics WBD(SGX enabled)

After a usual Windows 10 update the driver for the fingerprint sensor does not work anymore.

Fingerprint sensor cannot be used.

Trouble shooting already done:

- refreshed driver in the device manager

- uninstalled and reinstalled driver for fingerprint sensor

Problem still unresolved. Please help.

:)

NiOSaBu, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Synaptics Next-Gen Match-in-Sensor Fingerprint Authentication Solution

Source: Press Release | Match-in-Sensor FS7600 | Synaptics

Brink, Jul 8, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Tt eSports Integrates Synaptics IronVeil Fingerprint Sensor into the Black V2 Mouse

Thermaltake's gaming hardware brand Tt eSports is the first to integrate Synaptics IronVeil fingerprint sensor into the mouse, with its new Tt eSports Black V2 gaming mouse. Placed slightly above where your right thumb would grip the mouse, this 4 mm x 10 mm rectangular sensor scans your thumbprint with an accuracy of 1/50,000 false-pass and 3/100 false-fail; letting you use the IronVeil software to authenticate a variety of things.

IronVeil technology is FIDO compliant, and is natively supported by Windows 10 and Windows Hello, letting you log-in or wake/unlock your machine using your thumb. It's also supported by various e-commerce websites, MMO games (login and quick in-game micro-transactions), game DRM services (such as Steam and Origin), and multi-step authentication by popular social-media websites. The rest of the mouse's feature-set is identical to the Black V2 that's already in the market for $49.99. The IronVeil-integrated variant of this mouse will launch soon, at $59.99.

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update 107a_thm.jpg

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update 107b_thm.jpg

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update 107c_thm.jpg

Source: LegitReviews

btarunr, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

LENOVO E550 SYNAPTICS FINGERPRINT SCANNER SOFTWARE

Purchased new Lenovo E550 with Sunaptics Fingerprint (FP) Sensors (WBF) (PID-0011) scanner. Very disappointed in Lenovo that no documentation was included with laptop relative to FP scanner. (Even more disappointed in their Tech Support site.) Googled
    to find comments related to my issue. One response recommended downloading driver for Validity Fingerprint Sensor. I tried it and it enabled me to setup sensor to at least log on with a fingerprint, but information is provided that would enable me to protect
    an Excel spreadsheet with a scanned fingerprint, something I've done for over five years on my older HP Dv6. Can anyone help?

unable to find or disable links in Excel 2010, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

1. Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics

2. Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...: I bought a lenovo thinkpad recently and the fingerprint reader does not work ive tried every option to fix problem and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-recently-bought-a-lenovo-thinkpad-and-the/7ea82dc1-916e-4980-8edf-6117a368ba5b
  3. Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...: I bought a lenovo thinkpad recently and the fingerprint reader does not work ive tried every option to fix problem and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-recently-bought-a-lenovo-thinkpad-and-the/7ea82dc1-916e-4980-8edf-6117a368ba5b
  4. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  5. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  6. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working

fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working: i have a lenovo thinkpad t430 and i have a built in fingerprint scanner in my laptop and i chose this laptop because my mate has the same but he is running windows 10 and can use the fingerprint scanner as security and im running windows 10 but cannot get mine to function on...
  8. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...
  9. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad: For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!...
  10. Synaptics Next-Gen Match-in-Sensor Fingerprint Authentication Solution

in Windows 10 News
    Synaptics Next-Gen Match-in-Sensor Fingerprint Authentication Solution: Enterprise-Grade Encryption Provides Hardened Unparalleled Security for Business and Consumer PCs COMPUTEX, Taipei – June 4, 2018 – Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced its new generation FS7600 Match-in-Sensor™...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. synaptics fp sensor think pad

3. lenovo fingerprint sensor windows 10

4. synaptic fingerprint lenovo thinkpad,
  5. synaptics fp sensors windows 10 lenovo fail to load,
  6. synaptics fingerprint software lenovo,
  7. synaptics fp sensor driver windows 10 lenovo,
  8. synaptics fp sensors software lenovo,
  9. synaptics fingerprint sensor windows 10,
  10. windows 10 synaptics wbd,
  11. synaptics fingerprint driver windows 10 lenovo