Windows 10: Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE

Discus and support Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am having some issues with my wifi on my personal laptop, and I would need if possible some advice - Base OS : Windows 10 - hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steppp, Sep 3, 2016.

1. steppp Win User

Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE

Hi,

I am having some issues with my wifi on my personal laptop, and I would need if possible some advice

- Base OS : Windows 10
    - hardware wifi : Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n
    - Driver 2023.30.0301.2016 (Latest version was installed before reinstalling my base os)
    - Motherboard : wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber gives me LENOVO y50-70 does not make a lot of senses for me, but otherwise I just get the serial number and version

Problem Description
    My wifi is very unstable, I can connect to the router, sometime it works properly, some time I don t internet connection. The error i get can be DNS resolution or web site not reachable.
    I get the same problem with different routers
    Interesting and make investigation very difficult for me is that I almost don t get any events

the only events related that I get sometime is 3 WLAN Auto Config (Errors)
    EventID 40003
    Description WLAN Autoconfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover,adapter
    code1 0xC 0x4
    code2 0xDEADDEED oxEEC (really did not like this one as i believed I was being pwned, but looks like it is the drivers that return that)
    Code 8 0x0 0x0

Usually it happens once when I reboot, and I get informational WLAN auto config entry saying that it went well, so I don t think it is the problem.
    From there, it changes between working and not working
    The only other event I get are for example warning because DNS failed, but it makes sense to me.

What I have done:

- Investigate events
    - reinstall drivers
    - flush DNS. route tables
    - search on the internet for similar issue
    - Reinstall base os

I am just done reinstalling, and I have the same problem.

What I think

I have a computer science background but windows is not the OS I work with, and don't know much about hardware. Lack of event does not really help me to investigate. I think that my wifi card is dying (It is a good computer, but it is not the first time i get hardware failure ...), but before buying a new one i would need your advice:

- Do you think of other investigation that would reveal a software problem.
    - Based on what I said, do you think I am right to think about hardware failure, for me it would explain why it is not just not working, but it is unstable. Also for what i have seen, this wifi card is shit....
    - Do you have any advice, that is the more important as I am not sure if a wifi card can be changed easily, if any wifi card can be used, if you have any advice for a good one.

Thank you very much for your answer, if you need any other information i will provide them

Have a good day

:)

steppp, Sep 3, 2016

2. windows 10 1511 breaks wifi

Hello, I also own a lenovo but is a G40-30, previous build 10074 got my wi-fi connected (Realtek RTL8723BE) on display but with limited access to internet eventhough I reinstalled drivers and adapter, eventually I had to revert to win 8.1 64 bit. My question
    is which wifi adapter you have and if the issue has been solved by microsoft or by you by now?

Thank you

MartinLeyton Valle, Sep 3, 2016
  3. Wlan network driver shows "hosted network support: no", how to fix this on Windows 10?

The WiFi driver details are as follows:

Driver : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Hosted network supported : No

Please suggests some ways to get the "Hosted Network" from my computer.

Regards,

Rashmi Ranjan Mahanto

ReXXaRReXXaR, Sep 3, 2016
  4. bookfox Win User

I did some searching and came across other people having the same issue with that specific model wifi chip. Some of them have gotten it to work by either A: enabling their router's IPV6 or setting the IPV6 to auto, or B: checking that the antenna wire connected to the wifi chip in the computer isn't loose. By no means a guarantee, but worth a shot.

bookfox, Sep 3, 2016
  5. I have always managed to fix failing WiFi with these steps (plus disabling DNS Cache service to prevent caching):

Uninstall all protocols except IPv4, uncheck IPv6 and disable IPv6:
    netsh int ipv6 isatap set state disabled
    netsh int teredo set state disabled
    netsh interface ipv6 6to4 set state state=disabled undoonstop=disabled
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters" /v "DisabledComponents" /t REG_DWORD /d "255" /f

Disable LMHOSTS Lookup
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters" /v "EnableLMHOSTS" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
    wmic nicconfig where TcpipNetbiosOptions=0 call SetTcpipNetbios 2
    wmic nicconfig where TcpipNetbiosOptions=1 call SetTcpipNetbios 2

Setting up reliable DNS servers:
    wmic nicconfig where DHCPEnabled=TRUE call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("8.8.4.4","8.8.8.8")

Lastly, setting up IP manually, it can be a bit annoying to set up, but it should provide a rock solid connection.

TairikuOkami, Sep 3, 2016
  6. steppp Win User
    Hi,

Thank you very much both of you.

@Taikaru I disabled DHCP, run the command you talk about (Thanks for the tricks), and disabled DNS caching. atm, it is working well, but I will try to stress a bit the network to see if it last.As I told you, it is unstable, so cannot be sure yet. I will keep you updated @bootfox, Thanks for the tips, yes if it is not fixed now, it will be definitely my next step, to open it and try to see if the antenna is not loose.

If it works I am not sure to really understand the root problem though, if the problem came from services that I disabled, some events messages would have been created isn't it ? same for ipv6 if it cannot get an address or whatever
    Thank very much, I will confirm later.

steppp, Sep 3, 2016
  7. steppp Win User
    Hi,

So I know a bit more.

the configuration did not fix the problem, it worked for 30 minutes, and then it started again to do random stuff.

I followed the hardware check, by opening the laptop and located the wifi card.
    I believe I found it (i will send the picture, i am 90 % sure but if I am wrong better appear dumb than chasing a ghost)
    I played with the 2 antennas plugs, disconnected the card etc.

https://s11.postimg.org/xw6srv7s3/IM...904_214204.jpg

Just to be sure I understand, the antennas must be plugged to the ship, but the other side does not really matter ? I tried to fellow the wires, but they were going in some shell that I could not open.

So it is not working, but I noticed something.
    I said that I don t get any error message, but it was false. When I booted, the bios told me that "the check for the wifi component failed, and to check the cables". after playing with the card, it does not show this error message anymore. which is weird. (Sorry I don't remember the full message and it does not appear anymore)

The wifi card is detected by the OS.
    but I barely can connect to the router and when I do, I don t have internet access
    I could not connect to the internet, so it looks like I made things worse, but it may have helped to locate the issue

Does anyone manage to make sense of it ?

Thank you very much in advance

steppp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE - Similar Threads - Lenovo y50 Unstable

2. BSOD FAULTY HARDWARE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD FAULTY HARDWARE: Hi all, i have a minidump of a recent crash here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgTCubrZ_eFZ7HHiEZVFLtXZ33un?e=wrtDeWThis happens semi regularly. I have tried and regularly do booting in safe mode, running all the standard tests etc. but a month later, it happens again. I have never had...
  3. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE: Fixing a desktop for family, and I am having an issue with the Realtek RTL8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter. I've been researching this for about 14 hours now, but I believe I have some more data to add.PC: HP 20-c020OS: Win10 Home v22H2 build 19045.2251 though it is currently 90% on...
  4. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE: Fixing a desktop for family, and I am having an issue with the Realtek RTL8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter. I've been researching this for about 14 hours now, but I believe I have some more data to add.PC: HP 20-c020OS: Win10 Home v22H2 build 19045.2251 though it is currently 90% on...
  5. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Wifi keeps dropping. Realtek RTL8723BE, W10 Home 21H1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps dropping. Realtek RTL8723BE, W10 Home 21H1: Same problem as posted here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping-realtek-rtl8723be-w10-home-no/d969bc5a-1363-4010-b5d0-f5449fb24f52my notebook is an asus ROG-GL553VD with the RTL8723BE network card. my girlfriend has an HP whith the...
  7. Wifi not showing in adapter settings and yellow triangle beside the realtek rtl8723be...

Wifi not showing in adapter settings and yellow triangle beside the realtek rtl8723be...: Hi, I recently changed my DNS to google dns and changed my phone's hotspot broadcast channel I wanted to connect to my mobile hotspot but my windows constantly kept disconnecting from the network. I did network reset 2 time even uninstalled a security update which I had...
  8. Lenovo y50-70

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo y50-70: Hi got problem with lenovo y50-70 f4 button stopped workin all look fine tried to reinstall windows again didnt helped all other buttons work fine only f4 doesnt react. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-y50-70/309911f8-71a4-443b-b0e6-c769ff07c353
  9. Lenovo Y50-70 HD4600 Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lenovo Y50-70 HD4600 Nvidia: I have the laptop in the subject w/the mentioned graphics. I constantly get the intel 4600 crashing and restarting immediately. it's not that big a deal....just annoying. I always get the 'driver for w8 failed....blah blah blah' I went to get the the W10 driver but windows...
  10. Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues

Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues: I have Lenovo Y50-70 UHD and i have installed Windows 10 64-bit version. Everything is perfect except for the wifi. I have installed these two drivers that lenovo suggests Screenshot but still my connecition is extremely slow. My network adapter is Broadcom 802.11ac .I also...