Windows 10: Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing

Discus and support Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As said in the title the touchpad works perfectly fine, until you press a key on the keyboard, and then it freezes for 2 seconds. I have tried:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mads672g, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Mads672g Win User

Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing

As said in the title the touchpad works perfectly fine, until you press a key on the keyboard, and then it freezes for 2 seconds.
    I have tried:
    installing the newest driver for the touchpad
    setting palmtracking to minimum, and sensitivity to max (both in in windows settings, and in Elan Smart-pad settings)
    Changed DisableWhenType_Enable = 0 in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantech\SmartPad but it keeps resetting to 1 everytime i reboot.

:)

Mads672g, Aug 28, 2018
  2. headwik Win User

Touchpad delay after typing in Windows 10 on Lenovo Flex 2-15

I've found a solution. Type in search "regedit", then right-press on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER, tap on Find and type "Elantech". Then go to SmartPad and set values of DisableWhenType_DelayTime_Gesture, DisableWhenType_DelayTime_Move, DisableWhenType_DelayTime_Tap all
    to 0. Restart your computer and viola there should be no touchpad delay after typing.

Here's other guy's explanation you may prefer: Asus UX31E – setting up the Elantech touchpad driver for Windows 8

P.S. This worked for my Lenovo Flex 2-15 with Elantech touchpad. Hope this will also help guys with Toshiba and Alienware laptops. Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing ;)

headwik, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Elan touchpad. Worked before the update now it does not function at all and is not seen by the OS. Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.10, Installed all drivers from Acer and issue remains:

• Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7
    • IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver 604.10135.1001.53001
    • MBI Intel Sideband Fabric Device Driver 1.70.305.16316
    • TXE Intel Intel TXE Driver 1.1.0.1064
    • TouchPad ELANTECH Touchpad Driver 13.6.3.1

The only thing that shows up in the device manager is my mouse I have plugged in

AvidSurvivalist, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing

Elantech touchpad not working after Anniversary update.

Updated to Anniversary edition. Elantech touchpad no longer works and has disappeared from device manager.

Jena Nichols, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing

1. Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing - Similar Threads - Lenovo y700 Elantech

2. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  3. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  4. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard stops working on Lenovo Y700 ideapad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops working on Lenovo Y700 ideapad: Ive read almost everything on here and most threads are locked with no answer, why is this? Is there no fix to this problem? This is a HUGE problem people are still having and nobody has an answer because it seems nobody knows anything as to why keyboards just stop working....
  6. How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?

How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?: I have followed the three published suggestions for disabling the ELAN touchpad disable the device, update the driver, change the Registry, but nothing works. I have also tried disabling the ELAN Service, and that, too, does not work. I use a USB mouse, not the laptop...
  7. Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700: So as of recently, I've been experiencing a lot of random BSODs while using my Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop. I've run all the hardware scans on memory and hard disks and they came out clean. I've reinstalled windows maybe thrice already but I still get the errors and I cant seem...
  8. Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.

Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.: Hello! A while ago, i had installed win10 on my laptop and was satisfied enough with it. It had some issues with sound latency and touchpad stopped working after about a month without reboot, but in general it worked fine for me. Also touchpad had some cool gestures, such as...
  9. Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10

Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10: I am having trouble on an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W This is what I have done so far: Installed newest Elan drivers from Acer. Installed all drivers for unknown devices none of which being my touchpad. I tried to enable my touchpad in mouse settings only to find nothing...
  10. Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update: Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Elan touchpad. Worked before the update now it does not function at all and is not seen by the OS. Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.10, Installed all drivers from Acer and issue remains: Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7 IO Drivers Intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo ideapad y700 touchpad not working when typing

2. touchpad freezes when typing windows 10