Windows 10: Lenovo Y700 nvidia problems, pink screen of death

Discus and support Lenovo Y700 nvidia problems, pink screen of death in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Status: UNRESOLVED Computer Type: Lenovo Y700 laptop GPU: GTX 960M, 4GB CPU: Intel Core i5 6300HQ Motherboard: Lenovo Allsparks 5A (U3E1) RAM:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aidas, Apr 2, 2017.

1. aidas Win User

Lenovo Y700 nvidia problems, pink screen of death

Computer Type: Lenovo Y700 laptop
    GPU: GTX 960M, 4GB
    CPU: Intel Core i5 6300HQ
    Motherboard: Lenovo Allsparks 5A (U3E1)
    RAM: 1x8GB DDR4-2132
    PSU: Provide the model and its rated wattage and current output if possible, e.g. EVGA 850 BQ, 850W, 70amps on the 12v rail - for laptops you can leave this blank
    Operating System & Version: Windows 10 build 1607 64bit, clean install
    GPU Drivers: 378.92, clean install after DDU
    Description of Problem: Hello, I have bought this laptop 6 months ago. Never had any problems with GPU or anything else. My PC has 120gb SSD and 1TB hdd from wdc. [Don’t know if it’s relevant, but I got bored of my hdd spin down and spin up sounds (it had 20s spin down time), so I tried various ways to change that. And after booting to live linux cd I have successufully managed to change that to 300s.].

And I think problems began from there. I usually play dota2 when I have some free time. Some games went smooth, but some had like 10fps or less (usually I had around 70 on max graphics). So, I started to search for a problem. Which brought me to device manager, where I saw yellow mark near GTX 960M gpu, it reported error 43. I immediately blocked all gpu driver installations, even from windows update, and installed the latest one from Lenovo. Still problem persisted.

Don’t remember how, but I also had pink screen of death (thought it should be blue). (attached the picture from whocrashed).

Decided to do a clean driver uninstall from safe mode, but that did not help. Finally, I thought that I should update to latest drivers provided from nvidia. Did that, had no problems for a few days. I was constantly checking in device manager for yellow exclamation mark, but there seemed to be none.

And today I left my laptop charging on the table, (don’t know if it’s relevant) with 30 minutes default sleep time. Came back only to see a screen of death.

Troubleshooting: I have tried reinstalling all the gpu drivers, reinstalled chipset and integrated gpu drivers. I am also on the latest bios version (NW53).

I still have warranty for this laptop. But it’s currently middle of semester and I have lots of work to do, so I don’t want to take it to a repair and wait for months.

I have also tried running furmark, it got with no crashes. I tried to run furmark and prime95 simultaneously, but it coped with it.

I don’t know what problem could be and I need your help finding it. I have provided as many screenshots as I have gathered. Link: Lenovo Y700 Nvidia GTX960M problems

Please, if you need any more information, I will gladly provide it.

---

I have reinstalled my windows. After installing all updates through windows update it prompted me to do a restart. Restarted it and error code 43 occured again: Imgur

Also, while I had old windows, I ran hardware scan through Lenovo solution center:
    1. First test was running without error code 43 intact. I have attached the results
    2. Second test was running while error code 43 were present. The results were that the scan is not applicable to nvidia card.

Later on, I had updated these drivers:

-Audio drivers
    -LAN driver
    -The latest chipset drivers. Although I had problems updating chipset one, and had to use cmd and -overall attribute to force update it (from 10.1.1.38 to 10.1.1.42).

:)

aidas, Apr 2, 2017

2. Nvidia Geforce GTX 960, and windows 10 code 43 failure

I have a new laptop (Lenovo Y700 nvidia 960m) and the same thing happens to me, (Code 43) and I have not been able to repair it with this solution, is there any other way to solve that problem?

JohannE. Puentes, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Arothuris Win User
    Driver Power State Failure BSOD

Thanks for your reply. My computer is a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700-15ISK -80NV00HTHH, you should be able to find some specs here: Ideapad Y700 (15) | Solid 15" Gaming Laptop | Lenovo US (mine's with i7 processor, nvidia gtx 960m 4gb). Just turned
    off my computer and about to sleep (it's really late here in Hong Kong), so I will have to send you the info you asked tmr. Using my phone replying right now. Many thanks again.

Arothuris, Apr 2, 2017
  4. Lenovo Y700 nvidia problems, pink screen of death

Genuine.txt is missing in the zip file. Please follow these steps:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type the command below, and press Enter:

Code: licensingdiag.exe -report "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine.txt" -log "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab"&del "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab" /Q[/quote]
    zip Genuine.txt (u find it on Desktop) and upload please.

BSODHunter, Apr 2, 2017
  5. aidas Win User
    okay, here is the file.

aidas, Apr 2, 2017
  6. Code: 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (2.04.2017 22:37:34) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: pci.sys [15.10.2016] * NT Plug and Play PCI Enumerator (Windows System File) nvlddmkm.sys [29.12.2016] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver[/quote]
    Seems to be a problem with NVIDIA driver. Please update to the newest version.

Please uninstall actual driver via DDU:

Lenovo Y700 nvidia problems, pink screen of death [​IMG]
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.

I see a allready updates the driver to the newest version. Did u try to force the BSOD via GPU Benchmark?

Diagnostic Test
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

BSODHunter, Apr 4, 2017
  7. aidas Win User

Okay guys, I have to bump this thread. Everything was fine and normal after I cleanly updated to windows 10 creators update. As I found out, everything was good, because I were not playing any games. Now two days in a row I had bsod's:
    1) After playing dota2, my fans were very loud. Even after an hour passed, fans were still very loud, I have decided to put my laptop to sleep, and then wake it up. As soon as I woke it, I got bsod. Minidump file with ending 4671-01.zip

2) I have played several matches, went to watch uefa and left my pc up and running. So it went to sleep mode. After I came back and moved my mouse, it tried to wakeup unsuccessfully. Minidump file with ending 5031-01.zip.

One thing worth mentioning, I ussualy turn my laptop completely, if not plan to do anything. I cold booted pc, launched dota, found out that graphics were really low and fps was not that good. I immeadetely knew what happened: went to device manager, yellow exclamation mark were present near nvidi gtx 960m, It stated error code 43.

I am on the latest chipset (10.1.1.42) and nvidia (21.21.13.7667) drivers.

aidas, Apr 18, 2017
  8. Sorry but we need the full set to provide the best support for you:

Attention:

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

BSODHunter, Apr 19, 2017
  9. aidas Win User
    Hello, I am not sure what else do I need to provide. I have used that batch file to generate various files, they are in the first post of this thread.

aidas, Apr 19, 2017
  10. can u run the DM Log Collector again and upload the actual Log please? Maybe this time we can see more

BSODHunter, Apr 19, 2017
  11. aidas Win User
    Okay, here are the files.

Edit:

I also ran the scan on my unit with Lenovo Solution Center. But as I can see, no problems were found (attached .html report).

Also I left my pc overnight running Furmark, woke up - no bsod's, the benchmark was still running - screenshot: Imgur

aidas, Apr 20, 2017
  12. Lenovo Y700 nvidia problems, pink screen of death

Code: 0x0000010E: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (19.04.2017 22:31:40) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: dxgmms2.sys [16.10.1975] * DirectX Graphics MMS watchdog.sys ***** Invalid * Watchdog Driver (Windows System File) PROCESS: System Usual causes: Video driver, ?Video memory TO RESOLVE: 1. Check GPU Driver 2. Perform GPU stress test and check Temperatures 3. Try changing GPU[/quote] Code: 0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (18.04.2017 00:25:10) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption nvlddmkm.sys [16.01.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System Usual causes: TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers[/quote]
    VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10e)
    The video memory manager encountered a condition that it can't recover from. By crashing,
    the video memory manager is attempting to get enough information into the minidump such that
    somebody can pinpoint what lead to this condition.

Conclusion:
    As it says theres a problem with the GPU memory I think. Since u reinstalled new GPU driver and FurMark runs without issues I recommend to bring it back to the dealer.
    I remember I had the same Problem with Lenovo Y700 (or the old Y50-70) at work. Installing different OS, trying different drivers didnt fix the problem. At the end we had to send this to repair.

BSODHunter, Apr 20, 2017
  13. aidas Win User
    Code: 0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (18.04.2017 00:25:10) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption nvlddmkm.sys [16.01.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System Usual causes: TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers[/quote] [/quote]
    Hello, thanks for a reply.

1. The latest driver from lenovo website is 21.21.13.7667. (http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/pr...5isk/downloads). It is the current drive I have installed.

2. I have tried running furmark overnight, but no bsod occured. Image: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet.

3. It's a laptop, so it's impossible to change GPU. I still have warranty though and in worst case scenario I can get a refund from faulty unit (I'm in EU).

What really bugs me is that it's not bsod, but psod (pink screen of death). I have never had these before this laptop.

I have used ddu tu remove old gpu drivers and updated to 21.21.13.7892 drivers. I will try to play some games, put pc to sleep and so on, to try reproduce bsod.

aidas, Apr 20, 2017
  14. Added this:

VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10e)
    The video memory manager encountered a condition that it can't recover from. By crashing,
    the video memory manager is attempting to get enough information into the minidump such that
    somebody can pinpoint what lead to this condition.

Conclusion:
    As it says theres a problem with the GPU memory I think. Since u reinstalled new GPU driver and FurMark runs without issues I recommend to bring it back to the dealer.
    I remember I had the same Problem with Lenovo Y700 (or the old Y50-70) at work. Installing different OS, trying different drivers didnt fix the problem. At the end we had to send this to repair.

BSODHunter, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Lenovo Y700 nvidia problems, pink screen of death - Similar Threads - Lenovo Y700 nvidia

2. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver: Hi all,I have been having some BSOD errors on my computer. They started out as KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION and BAD POOL CALLER. I tried working through the typical steps scan with SFC, Scan with dism.exe, and check RAM. I would have the BSOD come up a few times within an hour...
  3. Fix Pink Screen of Death error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Pink Screen of Death error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The Blue Screen of Death is one of the most common software issues on Windows computers. Most of you must’ve had to deal with it at some point of using your PC. Another issue, one that many of you may not be aware of, is the Pink Screen of Death. Named similarly to...
  4. Keyboard stops working on Lenovo Y700 ideapad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops working on Lenovo Y700 ideapad: Ive read almost everything on here and most threads are locked with no answer, why is this? Is there no fix to this problem? This is a HUGE problem people are still having and nobody has an answer because it seems nobody knows anything as to why keyboards just stop working....
  5. Pink Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pink Screen: My display is not normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pink-screen/5976528c-151b-497a-9d85-be08dba317c0
  6. Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700: So as of recently, I've been experiencing a lot of random BSODs while using my Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop. I've run all the hardware scans on memory and hard disks and they came out clean. I've reinstalled windows maybe thrice already but I still get the errors and I cant seem...
  7. Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10: So as of recently, I've been experiencing a lot of random BSODs while using my Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop. I've run all the hardware scans on memory and hard disks and they came out clean. I've reinstalled windows maybe thrice already but I still get the errors and I cant seem...
  8. Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10: So as of recently, I've been experiencing a lot of random BSODs while using my Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop. I've run all the hardware scans on memory and hard disks and they came out clean. I've reinstalled windows maybe thrice already but I still get the errors and I cant seem...
  9. Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo y700 - Elantech touchpad freezes when typing: As said in the title the touchpad works perfectly fine, until you press a key on the keyboard, and then it freezes for 2 seconds. I have tried: installing the newest driver for the touchpad setting palmtracking to minimum, and sensitivity to max (both in in windows settings,...
  10. Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate: Hello. My new (refurbished) laptop (HP Zbook15 generation 3) has had several orange (and less often pink) screen of death errors. This occurs when waking the computer up after hibernating it. It has happened since I got it (before adding any software of my own). For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo y700 nvidia driver