Windows 10: Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet very slow with Windows 10

Discus and support Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet very slow with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded my Yoga 2 with Windows 8 factory to Windows 10. So far, it's extremely slow and lagy. Are there features I can turn off like I can in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dorlow, May 27, 2015.

1. dorlow Win User

Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet very slow with Windows 10

I just upgraded my Yoga 2 with Windows 8 factory to Windows 10. So far, it's extremely slow and lagy. Are there features I can turn off like I can in Windows 7 in the system advanced tab to speed up the system? Turn off all the animation stuff, etc...

:)

dorlow, May 27, 2015
  2. enrycone Win User

Windows 10 update made my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro is very slow.

I just upgraded a Yoga 2 Pro with the same configuration. The first thing I noticed is that the tablet mode runs very very slow and buggy. The pc mode runs very well. Did you try to update drivers with latest released by Lenovo for Windows 10?

Have a look here:

laptops and netbooks :: yoga series :: yoga 2 pro lenovo Lenovo PC Support

I know that there's an issue with Intel DPTF Some people suggest to disable it in BIOS. Tonight I'm gonna try it.

I hope it helps.

Enrico

enrycone, May 27, 2015
  3. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10 clear install

the list of lenovo windows 10 machines is here: Windows 10 Upgrade July 2015 / Version 1507 - Supported System List

the discussion on the lenovo ymc service (related to sensors for tablet/tent mode) that conflict is here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...et-Mode-Extremely-Slow-on-Win-10/td-p/2136879

I see no easy solution; if i could i would revert to 8 or 8.1 (files removed by the 10 upgrade). I can't use the machine in tent or tablet mode, and in laptop its functional but has lost apps and some programs/functionality.

it seems lenovo is too small a company to have its machines/sensors ready for windows 10.

Bill Martin ny, May 27, 2015
  4. Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet very slow with Windows 10

Here are a few suggestions:

Launch an elevated Command prompt and enter the following commands, then restart your machine

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /SCANNOW
    exit

Both commands take quite a while - 20 minutes or more (each)

If the above commands don't help, try a refresh (repair install - keeps your data) or a reset (clean install - all data lost)
    Do the refresh first, then if necessary try the reset
    See:
    Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I don't see anything in the machine specs that would cause the issue you're seeing. The only thing that caught my attention was Windows 8, not Windows 8.1. If all else fails, you might consider putting Windows 8 back on the machine and upgrading to 8.1 - it's a pain ... I know.

Also consider dual booting instead of overwritting your primary OS.
    See: Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums

This saves you a headache if things don't go as expected - you still have your primary OS and you can install Win10 builds when they are available.

I understand people want to test the upgrade and that's a good thing. When you have tested that path and you're not getting anywhere, give your feedback to MS so they can collect the telemetry data and then decide how you want to test Windows 10.

Scan your machine with the compatibility tool:
    Windows Compatibility Center

I still suggest updating Win8 to Win8.1 (there's a link in the compatibility page above) - while not in the requirements, it does offer one advantage - upgrade through Windows Update. Win8 can only be upgraded via an ISO

Slartybart, May 27, 2015
  5. hazimoto Win User
    Hi,
    I had exactly the same issues as you. But I was having the problem only when using tablet mode, or when connecting my laptop to an external monitor. It was working fine with 8.1

Solution for me was to disable 'DPTF'. You can do that from the BIOS setup. Now my yoga pro is faster than ever *Smile

hazimoto, Jul 31, 2015
  6. nogero Win User
    I also have Yoga 2 Pro that is slower, what is "DPTF"?

I tried to update graphics driver, but one on Lenovo website is older version than what I already have.

nogero, Aug 11, 2015
  7. wpcoe Win User
    I think the DPTF is the software that throttles the CPU when you are using non-notebook modes like tablet or tent modes, no?

wpcoe, Aug 14, 2015
  8. pwvhiq Win User

I know disabling DPTF in BIOS should work, but how do I do it? When I go to BIOS it is just a very simple BIOS with almost nothing to be changed. How do I get to disabling anything in there? Talking about Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 1051. Thank you *Smile

pwvhiq, Oct 9, 2015
  9. I just stumbled on this thread. Boy do I wish I had found it much earlier!!

Disabling DPTF did the trick for me. Prior to doing that things would be laggy including waking up except for a cold boot. Cold booting usually gave me good performance. Closing the lid and coming back was a crap shoot. Sometimes things were good, sometimes not with no rhyme or reason.

Thanks for that suggestion.

lparsons21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet very slow with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lenovo Yoga Tablet

2. Lenovo Yoga windows 8.1 "Tablet Driver not running"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga windows 8.1 "Tablet Driver not running": Lenovo Yoga windows 8.1 does not boot up. Getting "Tablet Driver. The tablet driver is not running OK". Also message:Failure to display security and shut down options. The sign-in process couldn’t display security and sign-in options when Ctrl+Alt+Delete was pressed. If...
  3. Lenovo Yoga windows 8.1 "Tablet Driver not running"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga windows 8.1 "Tablet Driver not running": Lenovo Yoga windows 8.1 does not boot up. Getting "Tablet Driver. The tablet driver is not running OK". Also message:Failure to display security and shut down options. The sign-in process couldn’t display security and sign-in options when Ctrl+Alt+Delete was pressed. If...
  4. Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I have an admittedly older Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop that has been working great until I upgraded to Windows 10 20H1 last year when it seemed to start randomly blue screening. In December I upgraded to 20H2 and the problem continued. Blue Screen View always shows caused by...
  5. Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera: My Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera is just black - no picture to be taken. I've tried trouble shooting per device guides but no luck. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-windows-10-camera/6bfbd122-715e-4066-8e50-bcfc2a431efd
  6. lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue

lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue: Windows 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.476 Synaptics driver version 19.4.18.35 The touchpad worked flawlessly in the previous version but after the update of windows it stopped working I've uninstalled and reinstalled and then updated again and many other things but...
  7. Flashing screen on Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashing screen on Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop: Hi, I bought my LENOVO Yoga 2 with Windows 8.1, then one year later I upgraded it with Windows 10. When the battery is running low (50%) the screen starts to blink and then finish to stay black. When the laptop is plugged on AC, this does not happens. Is it a Windows 10...
  8. BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode: I work for an IT department at a company rolling out 150+ of these devices. We've had complaints of BSOD when flipping the laptop around to tablet mode in Windows 10 Pro. 67476
  9. Lenovo yoga pro 2 touch / mouse drivers with Windows 10

Lenovo yoga pro 2 touch / mouse drivers with Windows 10: When I upgraded to Windows 10 my touch screen and wireless mouse became erratic, especially when the laptop was turning on from 'sleep mode'. I installed the latest touch drivers from Lenovo and Logiteck (the wireless mouse) but that did not resolve the issue. I rolled back...
  10. Windows 10 on USB and a Lenovo Yoga 2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on USB and a Lenovo Yoga 2 issue: I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop just over a year old. My Autistic little man was happily playing Roblox when it crashed. He turned it off and on again and the laptop says repairing disk errors and just stays like that day and night. So I have bought Windows 10 on USB as it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yoga lenova very slow

2. windows 10 lenovo yoga slow

3. lenovo yoga slow windows 10