Windows 10: Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes'

Discus and support Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi good people, So, I'm on here like thousands of others with intermittent wifi issues. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 yesterday and everything works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gretschdrum, May 6, 2016.

1. Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes'

Hi good people,

So, I'm on here like thousands of others with intermittent wifi issues. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 yesterday and everything works very well except for losing my wifi connection every 30 minutes to an hour.

My wireless adapter is a Broadcom 802.11n
    the driver I'm using is Broadcom version 6.30.223.256

I've updated the drivers and the same loss of wifi happens. I've rolled back the drivers and the same loss of wifi happens. I've even tried a driver directly from the lenovo site that is a Cybertan Liteon driver that is the latest version for windows 8.1.

I've also unchecked the box in the power management page. Then rebooted.

I've also used all the commands, in the command prompt admin that start with 'netsh'. Then rebooted. The same thing still happens.

So, I'm up for new suggestions including compatible drivers from different manufacturers.

I'm really hoping there's a Z585 user on here that has solved this issue. According to the Lenovo web site this particular laptop has the latest drivers on the site and none of them are working so far.

:)

gretschdrum, May 6, 2016

2. Atheros Wireless Adapter Not Working

After upgrading to Windows 10, I had lost Wifi ability. The Wifi option and local wireless networks did not display. A look at Device Manager showed a problem with the Atheros Wireless adapter. I tried the rollback option under Drivers and that did cause
    Wifi to display with wireless networks visible. However, on any reboot I lose this connectivity and must repeat the driver rollback process. Appreciate any guidance on resolving this permanently

StephenWCarroll125, May 6, 2016
  3. Can't turn my WiFi on

I have a Lenovo ideapad Z585 Windows 10 and went to turn my WiFi on it won't let me. I click the button and it switches back to off by itself. Please help!!

v_rodriguez, May 6, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes'

First, is your laptop supported for windows 10 on lenovo website.....meaning are there drivers and software packages for it? Have you tried downloading the 8.1 driver for it and then running it in compatibility mode?

Plankton, May 6, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply Plankton.

First, no it is not supported according to Lenovo for Windows 10. I just allowed Windows to update from 8.1 for me. So far, the wifi problem is the only issue.

I have the driver installed and running but not in compatibility mode. That will be my next try though!

gretschdrum, May 6, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    Since it's not supported for windows 10....I'd recommend rolling it back to windows 8.1. There are those out there that have laptops that are not supported for the next OS and they are running fine with out any issues/problems. But user beware......when an issue does arise and there's no apparent fix or work around.....then a roll back is always best.

Plankton, May 6, 2016
  7. Quick update.

I've installed the most recent Lenovo approved drivers and installed them in compatibility mode. It still kicks me offline every so often. So, I'm at a loss here.

The other pain is that my laptop is out of warranty so I'm having trouble contacting Lenovo customer service. Basically they want me to pay to contact them and all I really want to know is if they intend on making drivers for this laptop that work for Windows 10. If not, I'll roll back to 8.1. If they intend to release updated, supported drivers for 10 I'll hang on. Getting kicked off wifi is a pain. However it's really easy to get back online with a quick hit of a button.

gretschdrum, May 8, 2016
  8. RWOne Win User

If it is not supported for windows 10, don't expect Lenovo to release drivers for it any time soon.

You may however look at the drivers from Broadcom directly and try them, but if they still have issues, it may not get solved due to the model not being supported.

RWOne, May 8, 2016
  9. Benito Win User
    I had the same problem on my Lenovo Z585 and fixed it by installing the windows 7 wlan driver from the lenovo support/download driver page.

Benito, Jan 23, 2017
  10. eddie563 Win User
    should the above not work, i would take a look at the device in device manager and confirm if the OS has the ability to manage the power for that device, if it does, take that ability away.

eddie563, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' - Similar Threads - Lenovo Z585 losing

2. Rollback of intel hd graphics driver installed through lenovo vantage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rollback of intel hd graphics driver installed through lenovo vantage: Hi,So after searching for updates in Lenovo vantage, I found an update for my integrated intel hd graphics. Is there any way to know what the earlier driver version before updating was? Or is there any way to rollback the driver NOT using the rollback option in device manager...
  3. wifi driver corrupts after updates

wifi driver corrupts after updates: Win 10 updates corrupt my wifi driver . I have to go to device manager and update the driver every time then it works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-corrupts-after-updates/e88ee1b5-b1e9-47c4-8743-e73430a28593
  4. USB driver rollback

USB driver rollback: Hello, I have an MP3 player that is not being recognized by my computer ever since a USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver update on 03JUN20. The roll back driver option is grayed out, and I can't seem to find an old version of this driver anywhere. Can anybody tell me...
  5. BSOD After Lenovo Driver Updates on T530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD After Lenovo Driver Updates on T530: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjjrNd8dKVXHhFQYOqwjeQkivwWN?e=KN0t0l I have attached my Minidumps above. I have a new install of windows 10 and I ran lenovos driver update tool and now I continue to get a BSOD error shortly after boot usually but sometimes I get a bit of time. I...
  6. Windows won't boot after driver update and rollback doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot after driver update and rollback doesn't work: Recently, I tried updating the driver for my graphics card. When I restart my PC to complete the process, windows 10 won't boot up. All I get to see is a grey screen with my mouse moving around it. Naturally I figure this is just a problem with my driver and a simple system...
  7. Problem with wifi driver after update

Problem with wifi driver after update: It is wifi 5G driver that is missing after Windows 10 update. I hope you can help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wifi-driver-after-update/697e6d63-65eb-47a8-911c-5706967ee1a6
  8. Drivers won't update after 1903 rollback to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drivers won't update after 1903 rollback to 1809: I didn't like dealing with bugs in the 1903 update, so I reversed it but 12 drivers would not update afterwards. I now have problems with skittery scrolling, etc. I downloaded the diagnostic tool and have run it twice, but the drivers do not appear to have updated. I also...
  9. How to rollback driver update after windows update?

How to rollback driver update after windows update?: So, I recently updated my windows, and with that, it automatically updated my intel graphics driver, which I don't want as the latest one does not allow custom resolutions. Is there any way I can roll back my intel graphics driver?...
  10. No Rollback driver option

No Rollback driver option: Hi, My Camera keeps switching on and off, so I tried to update my driver and follow the instructions in the guide, but the rollback driver option is not highli[ATTACH]ghted. Am attaching a Screenshot, can you please help me ASAP as I have interviews going on....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless driver lenovo z585

2. driver update causes lenovo to lose wifi