Windows 10: Less clutter on the desktop

Discus and support Less clutter on the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, I wonder if someone can help me figure this out. I use several desktop icons on a rather cluttered desktop. What I would really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jPaulB, Mar 3, 2018.

1. jPaulB Win User

Less clutter on the desktop

Hi Everybody,

I wonder if someone can help me figure this out.

I use several desktop icons on a rather cluttered desktop. What I would really like to do is have a single icon that, when selected will open a sub-container that will list a 7 of my graphics program. Another icon would open yet again another sub-container with my 5 writing tools.

ect and ect.

Can this arrangement be done?

Many Thanks,
    jPaul

:)

jPaulB, Mar 3, 2018

2. Internet Shortcuts on Desktop Win10TP

Why would you want internet shortcuts on your desktop?

Use bookmark/favorites or whatever your browser calls them, less mess/clutter on the desktop, afterall thats what the bookmark section is for.

michaellheureux, Mar 3, 2018
  3. XGuilt Win User
    Windows Updates that apply only to wireless and mobile devices...

Is there any way to stop the automatic updates that apply to wireless and mobile devices? I use only a hard-wired desktop PC and have no use for any other device, yet I can find no way to stop all this update clutter that applies less and less to desktop
    PCs...

XGuilt, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Right click an empty spot on desktop, select New > Folder:

Less clutter on the desktop [​IMG]

Name the new folder as you wish, move desktop shortcuts to it. For instance, name one new folder as GFX Tools, another as Writing Tools and so on.

Kari, Mar 3, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Mar 3, 2018
  6. jPaulB Win User
    Thanks, Kari. Issue Resolved

jPaulB, Mar 3, 2018
  7. swarfega Win User
    As Kari mentioned, I make a new folder and put all the program icons in it, this way I only have three icons on the desktop, recycle bin, programs folder and a game I'm currently playing.

swarfega, Mar 3, 2018
  8. Eksy61 Win User

Eksy61, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Less clutter on the desktop - Similar Threads - Less clutter desktop

2. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  3. Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently opened items excluding deleted Mails for Taskbar? IMHO less clutter Taskbar: I need help to understand when I turned on "recently opened items" Setting such that Taskbar shows them, why after I use Outlook opened Mail deleted Taskbar still show Envelope Icon for deleted MailThis may be useful for someone who needs to re-open delete Mail; but for...
  4. Why is System32 so cluttered?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is System32 so cluttered?: The most important folder in Windows is not organized at all, why? All the DLLs and executables and are just laying around in the same folder directory. Does it improve file access times, or does it make Windows easier to develop, or what?Second Question - In Windows XP, you...
  5. Why is System32 so cluttered?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is System32 so cluttered?: The most important folder in Windows is not organized at all, why? All the DLLs and executables and are just laying around in the same folder directory. Does it improve file access times, or does it make Windows easier to develop, or what?Second Question - In Windows XP, you...
  6. Right side of Taskbar is cluttered

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of Taskbar is cluttered: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S145 -15API AMD Rayzen 5, 3500 U, AMD Radeon Vega 8, 8 GB RAM - Windows 10 Education Ver. 2004, Build 19041.1052. From a few days, right taskbar of my system is being messed with the icons on the left taskbar. Please see the following imageYou can see...
  7. Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.: So I have two really big files that I accidentally copied to my desktop rather than my spare disk for backups. After trying to cut them and paste them onto the backup disk, moving them to the recycling bin by hand and through RMB > Delete, it became obvious that they are just...
  8. Steps to de-clutter windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steps to de-clutter windows?: I’ve been noticing my system has become a little slow in response time and was curious, what little things can I do that make the system a little snappier? submitted by /u/PotatoshavePockets [link] [comments]...
  9. HELP!! My desktop is Cluttered!!!

HELP!! My desktop is Cluttered!!!: Somehow all my pictures multiplied and are on my desktop (so cluttered!!)...How do I delete my desktop icons when right clicking isnt working? I did system restore and they are still there! I tried right clicking on them but nothing happens I think because its do cluttered...
  10. Desktop clutter

Desktop clutter: I don't want a cluttering mess of tiles for apps and programs that I don't even want. How do I get back to my own desktop, with icons that I actually chose and use? I had it all set up, then an update came through and ruined it!...