Windows 10: Let's run Windows 10 Final under old hardware Pentium 4 Socket 478

Discus and support Let's run Windows 10 Final under old hardware Pentium 4 Socket 478 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello there everyone !!! This subject is opened only becouse of couriosity. There have been simillar one thread under other section: Let's run Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jach0o, Dec 25, 2015.

1. jach0o Win User

Let's run Windows 10 Final under old hardware Pentium 4 Socket 478

hello there everyone !!!
    This subject is opened only becouse of couriosity. There have been simillar one thread under other section:
    Let's run Win10 on really really old hardware - Page 6 - Windows 10 Forums
    But it looks dead for now. Moreover it was connected to Insider version of system which is useless now.
    I want to bring newest Windows into my machine in work which got Windows 7 Pro license and MSI MS-7008 motherboard and Pentium 4 478 Socket.
    I've found some info that Pentium 4 SL8JX with 478 Socket got EMT64 and NX Bit:
    http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL8JX.html
    But it's very hard to find (and possibily even processor alone won't give possibility to run w10).
    Also there exist NX Bypass for W8:
    Windows 8 CPU Feature Patch (Bypass Windows 8 CPU feature checks))
    which worked with Insider Edition of W10, now it doesn't. There is no possibility to open WIM file.
    Any ideas ?? Maybe someone did it here ??

:)

jach0o, Dec 25, 2015
  2. bill huff Win User

windows 10 upgrades on hyper threaded CPU's :

Thanks for the reply Dave. I am looking at the Gateway as we speak here. it is a 2005; Gateway (AK)SE4 E-2500S,serial# 0036001987.with a pentium 4 HT 2.3 Ghz processor in it and it is not a Prescott. the old HP A705W(irrelevant to this conversation anyway
    ) is an 1999 model and has a celeron 1.8 Ghz processor,333 Mhz in it .

the IBM think centre is a 2004. M50 8189 32u, with the following specs. the spec sheet does not say HT but the tag on the unit does. also says IBM Manf of the board.is as far as the CPU/Bios, doesn't seem to be any place in the bios to enable or disable
    the PAE or other functions. and your other questrion as to checking the Man website, yes i have , there are some firts run Lenovo think centres that are listed for the anniversary update, but NO original IBM's listed at all in any category ! And only certain
    ACer models but no Gateways are even mentioned in the lists !

Let's run Windows 10 Final under old hardware Pentium 4 Socket 478 [​IMG]

Storage Controller (2nd)

• Type
      1 x IDE - integrated

• Controller Interface Type
      ATA-100

• Channel Qty

• Installed Qty

Mainboard

• Processor Socket
      Socket 478

• Data Bus Speed
      533 MHz

• Chipset Type
      Intel 865G
    Processor / Chipset

• CPU
      Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

• Data Bus Speed
      533 MHz

• Chipset Type
      Intel 865G

• Processor Socket
      Socket 478
    Processor

• Installed Qty

• Max Supported Qty

• Type
      Pentium 4

• Manufacturer
      Intel

• Clock Speed
      2.4 GHz
    Mainboard

• Processor Socket
      Socket 478

• Data Bus Speed
      533 MHz

• Chipset Type
      Intel 865G
    so that is whats in the IBM and the Gateway. as i said above. neither of these machines are listed for win 10 anniversary editions.1511, or 1607!

here is the URL for the update lists.Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10. if this helps please let me know ! thanks very much .
    Sr .

bill huff, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Update - incompatible CPU

Nope. Pentium 4's aren't supported in Windows 10 (unless they are socket 775, which the Inspiron 8500 does not.)

Ben Matakaetis, Dec 25, 2015
  4. wichoxp Win User

I'm interested on further posts on this thread... it's weird to see MS didn't pay enough attention to 2000's Pentium 4... they're really good *Cool !!!

wichoxp, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Let's run Windows 10 Final under old hardware Pentium 4 Socket 478 - Similar Threads - Let's run Final

2. Can Window 10 and 8.1 run smooth in Intel core i3-370M and Pentium 4 3.00GHz ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Window 10 and 8.1 run smooth in Intel core i3-370M and Pentium 4 3.00GHz ?: I just found my dad's old pc in my house.System performancePentium 4 3.00GHz RAM: i guess 1,2,3 or 4GB ram DDR2I do not found any gaphics card40GB samsung HDD SATAThe motherboard broke so i can not tell the right system performance. And this is my computer:HP pavilion...
  3. Can Window 10 and 8.1 run smooth in Intel core i3-370M and Pentium 4 3.00GHz ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Window 10 and 8.1 run smooth in Intel core i3-370M and Pentium 4 3.00GHz ?: I just found my dad's old pc in my house.System performancePentium 4 3.00GHz RAM: i guess 1,2,3 or 4GB ram DDR2I do not found any gaphics card40GB samsung HDD SATAThe motherboard broke so i can not tell the right system performance. And this is my computer:HP pavilion...
  4. Can Window 10 and 8.1 run smooth in Intel core i3-370M and Pentium 4 3.00GHz ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can a pentium 4 run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a pentium 4 run Windows 10: I am trying to get this old junk pc on windows 10. I just want to know if this cpu can run it. It also has 2gb of ram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-pentium-4-run-windows-10/6cc13dfc-eddf-4ed9-bad9-32da5db44ac2
  6. Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates: "Only Windows 10 Professional users can pause Windows updates today, but that’s about to change. Windows 10 Home users will soon be able to pause updates ..." Source: Windows 10 Home Will Finally Let You Pause Updates Like throwing a bone. *really 124758
  7. Best "Pci" Graphics Card for Pentium 4

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best "Pci" Graphics Card for Pentium 4: Wondering what the best Pci card for a Pentium 4 I should buy. Any Suggestions? Thanks! 68147
  8. Let's run Win10 on really really old hardware

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Let's run Win10 on really really old hardware: So from my last thread it seems that there isn't a main thread for this so here's one. If you've got some old hardware that will run Win10 and the will to do it, post about it here. Post screenshots to proove you've got it working. And no, Core 2 CPUs don't count as old,...
  9. Unable to install Windows 10 on HP Compaq Pentium 4 - it just reboots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Windows 10 on HP Compaq Pentium 4 - it just reboots: I have this old HP Compaq Pentium 4 whose Windows XP installation recently got hit by malware, so I'm trying to install Windows 10 on it: HP Support document - HP Support Center (BIOS: 786C1 v01.05) However, nothing happens when I try to boot the installation USB. The...
  10. Yes, Windows 10 runs great on old hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Yes, Windows 10 runs great on old hardware: Can you run Windows 10 on a PC that's eight years old? Oh yes, and it runs spectacularly well. Internet-based keyboard commandos are fond of making claims that are built on nothing more than a guess or prejudice. One such claim that I've been coming across regularly is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. way to install windows 10 on old pc pentium 4 socket 478

2. nu vot

3. sl8jx nx bit

4. socket 478 windows 10,
  5. has any one got win-10 to run on a socket 478 computer