Windows 10: Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?

Discus and support Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Don't know if this is a hardware or computer problem, but think it is computer performance related problem. I have been using a MS Arc keyboard for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flycaster, May 8, 2017.

1. flycaster Win User

Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?

Don't know if this is a hardware or computer problem, but think it is computer performance related problem. I have been using a MS Arc keyboard for the last three years with no problems until the last several months. Often times when the computer is first booted up, and for a while thereafter, when typing, the letter output is sluggish. That is, although I'm hitting the right letters, the ensuing words often are missing some of the typed letters. Also, the letters often lag from the time they were typed; I'll types a letter and it will appear a second or so after being typed. This lagging also appears when using the keyboard cursor control; pressing the left arrow, for example, when at the end of a sentence may not move the cursor right away. However, after a while, the letter production does keep up as the letter is typed. Anyway to test the source of the problem?

:)

flycaster, May 8, 2017

2. Touch problems while typing and playing in lumia 535.

When I type then some letters automatically presses like erase button and enter button. Also when playing FIFA automatically it gets touches other points on screen simultaneously at other points even when I touch at other point.

DineshToshniwal, May 8, 2017
  3. Touch problems while typing and playing in lumia 535.

When I type then some letters automatically presses like erase button and enter button. Also when playing FIFA automatically it gets touches other points on screen simultaneously at other points even when I touch at other point.Its now intolerable.

DineshToshniwal, May 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please post a screenshot of your task manager when this is happening. Organise any column where there is significant activity high to low by clicking on the column tab.

In particular, is your browser doing anything in particular at that time?

And which build of Win 10 are you running? (Windows key + R, winver)

dalchina, May 8, 2017
  5. flycaster Win User
    Will do when typing starts to drag, but not now. Interestingly, I just booted up the computer this morning to answer your post, but the letters are sync'd with the key strokes, so no problem to report now. However, when things go slow, I'll do the screen shot.

flycaster, May 9, 2017
  6. flycaster Win User
    flycaster, May 11, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    You can
    a. check your update history to see if something was installed at that time
    b. restrict when updates are downloaded and installed
    c. also check if anything is being downloaded at that time

E.g. using (for convenience) Winaero's tweaker (free) - with full technical descriptions of what it does.
    I have my updates set to notify me to download and install.

Also check your disk (E.g. Hard disk sentinel (trial) ) to make sure there's no problem resulting in excessive resource usage.

dalchina, May 11, 2017
  8. flycaster Win User

Thanks, Dalchina. Always good to know how to handle these issues.

flycaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed? - Similar Threads - Letters appearing simultaneously

2. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. And when I type number 1, letter q appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. And when I type number 2, letter W appears instead. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to...
  3. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. And when I type number 1, letter q appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. And when I type number 2, letter W appears instead. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to...
  4. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. When I type letter E, number 3 appears instead. Whenever I type the letters on the top section QWERTYUIOP, numbers closest to them appears too. Whenever I type letters, the...
  5. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. When I type letter E, number 3 appears instead. Whenever I type the letters on the top section QWERTYUIOP, numbers closest to them appears too. Whenever I type letters, the...
  6. Keyboard "y" letter does not appear when typed on screen . Works on other devices but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard "y" letter does not appear when typed on screen . Works on other devices but not...: The "y" key on my keyboard random does not register when using typed. Plugged it in on laptop and it works fine there, but not on this PC. Must be some software preventing it bc I was working fine a few weeks before. I could use some help because this is driving me insane....
  7. Keyboard "y" letter does not appear when typed on screen . Works on other devices but not...

Keyboard "y" letter does not appear when typed on screen . Works on other devices but not...: The "y" key on my keyboard random does not register when using typed. Plugged it in on laptop and it works fine there, but not on this PC. Must be some software preventing it bc I was working fine a few weeks before. I could use some help because this is driving me insane....
  8. When I am typing multiple letters, spaces appear Ex: Noreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn It happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I am typing multiple letters, spaces appear Ex: Noreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn It happens...: When I am typing multiple letters, spaces appear Ex: Noreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn It happens often and is annoying, How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-typing-multiple-letters-spaces-appear-ex/463b8cb7-c0e4-4ff4-a887-fae570292b50
  9. When I am typing multiple letters, spaces appear Ex: Noreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn It happens...

When I am typing multiple letters, spaces appear Ex: Noreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn It happens...: When I am typing multiple letters, spaces appear Ex: Noreeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn It happens often and is annoying, How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-typing-multiple-letters-spaces-appear-ex/463b8cb7-c0e4-4ff4-a887-fae570292b50
  10. I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10: I have just set up my new HP slim line 410-010 and I have keyboard issues. I thinking it goes back to the choices in selecting your keyboard configuration. I recall one of the choices was something about right handed so what ever it said is what I did. I can't type anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is cause of letters not appearing as they are typed