Windows 10: LG BE14NU40 stopped reading Blu-Ray, CD / DVD ok after KB4033637

Discus and support LG BE14NU40 stopped reading Blu-Ray, CD / DVD ok after KB4033637 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 8/28/17 I was burning a 50GB backup data disk as I do regularly w/o issue, generally with IMGburn or Cyberlink, and various brands of DR diks and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lambert58, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Lambert58 Win User

LG BE14NU40 stopped reading Blu-Ray, CD / DVD ok after KB4033637

8/28/17 I was burning a 50GB backup data disk as I do regularly w/o issue, generally with IMGburn or Cyberlink, and various brands of DR diks and sizes. I it generally takes 90mins at 4x with verification. Noticed the process stopped with an error about an invalid path about half way through the read. Then, could no longer read BR disks of any type and neither IMGBurn or Cyberlink as well, although no issues with CD / DVD's at all.

I attempted a fix that required deleting the channels in Device Manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers although I had none listed, so I, per the fix, deleted the only entry listed, "Intel 8 Series Chipset Famioly SATA AHCI Controller" and then rebooted. No Luck, and the Intel * Series returned after reboot as designed.

By the time I called it a night it was after midnight, and at shutdown noticed there was an update, so, allowed the update and then checked afterwards, no change in the BR issue. Checking update history it stated the following:

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4033637)
    successfully installed on 8/29/17
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4033637)
    Failed to install on 8/28/17

The fail occurred prior to midnight, 8/28/17, and the install was after midnight, 8/29/17

I know MS is not supporting BR by itself.

The firmware update*(edit) from LG is not to be utilized with windows 10, only older vers of windows, which is an issue that needs rectified, but....

So, anyone have a fix here, it's not the brand of disks, it's not the size of the BR disks, or the type BD-R, BR-RW, or store bought BR movies. Basic checks show the correct drivers are installed and no hardware issues with the unit. And, zero issues with any type of CD or DVD.

The unit is about a year old and has worked like a real champ. During one of the forced major upgrades it became entirely unrecognizable to windows 10, unfortunately I forgot the fix for that, but that seems like a entirely different issue, to me anyway.

There you have it, any assistance appreciated. I'll be at this for quite some time, so, feel free to ask any questions or point me in a different direction.
    THANX in advance,

:)

Lambert58, Aug 29, 2017

2. LG BLU-RAY BH10LS30 INTERNAL: I cannot write CD/DVDs

Hello,

My Blu-Ray writer (LG BH10LS30) was working perfectly on Windows 7 64bit Pro (reading and copying) but when I upgraded to Windows 10, the device was not recognized.

I tried the solutions described in https://support.microsoft.com/es-es...s-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs and after some tries, it worked.

Now the device is recognized and I can read all formats (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray) but I cannot copy any disk!!!.

As soon as I tried to copy, it starts to write but a few secons after an error appears that stops the process and kills the disk...

I upgraded to the latest LG firmware (2014!) but it doesn´t work

Any suggestion?

Many thanks

PabloCastillo1, Aug 29, 2017
  3. not burn DVD,CD -very slow read to PC and notebook

1.MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ890 -notebook

LENOVO IdeaPad Y560 - OK Works burn

2. PC Blu-ray LG BD-RE BHLS30 -PC

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68MA-D2H-B3 -
    does not work not burn

I tried with various DVD
    and CD.

DVD and CD read very slowly -
    therefore they do not play

Thanks notebook OK.

Please help PC BD-RE not burn and plays.

PeterŠalamun, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Lambert58 Win User

UPDATE:
    Tried this fix from Microsoft
    External Bluray Player not recognized Win 10 - Microsoft Community

Go to start, run and type regedit. Locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. 2.Locate the values on the right for UpperFilters, and/or LowerFilters. Remove these values; then reboot your computer.

Only listed the UpperFilters, but the value was blank/empty so, nothing to try.
    The cyberlink suite is what came with the LG at purchase.

I did just found my receipt from bestbuy dated JAN/16, and I smartly, for once, purchased a two-year product replacement for 19.99. Looks like a trip to BB is in the near future. What is sad is that I have a hard time believing that this did not occur due to the update that forced itself through while I was burning a backup, has anyone been aware of something like this occurring, the latest update killing off blu-ray capabilities?
    Well, If bestbuy is the answer, its better than none. I will update on how it goes with the return process with bestbuy if anyone is interested.

Lambert58, Aug 29, 2017
Thema:

1. LG BE14NU40 stopped reading Blu-Ray, CD / DVD ok after KB4033637 - Similar Threads - BE14NU40 stopped reading

2. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  3. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC: Hello,I went to use the LG bp50nb40 Blu-ray Disc write drive to load more pictures from my phone to an M-DISC using a new computer. The M-DISC already had many picture and movie files already on it. The laptop computer asked "Use disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD...
  4. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC: Hello,I went to use the LG bp50nb40 Blu-ray Disc write drive to load more pictures from my phone to an M-DISC using a new computer. The M-DISC already had many picture and movie files already on it. The laptop computer asked "Use disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD...
  5. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Blu-ray DVD recording

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blu-ray DVD recording: Do I need to format a Blu-ray DVD before recording data files into it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-dvd-recording/db37d907-8e4e-46d4-ae78-298d42bdd706"
  7. LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG UH12LS29 DVD burner Blu-ray reader not working in windows 10: My drive stopped working although it is recognized in bios and Device Manager. I've tried all the regedit tricks (upper filters, etc.). Previously the EnumDevice1 trick in regedit worked, but a week later the drive stopped working again. I've uninstalled the device,...
  8. LG Blu-Ray Drive Stops Working in Windows 10

LG Blu-Ray Drive Stops Working in Windows 10: In the past, my LG Blu-Ray drive (WH14NS40) would periodically stop working in Windows 10. Usually, reconnecting the drive to a different SATA port would temporarily solve the problem. However, this time around none of the solutions posted on the Web worked, including...
  9. LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.

LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.: We moved and I've finally got my network up only to find my desktop's Blueray burner won't. I suppose that in the move the cable(s) might have slipped loose? But to troubleshoot I'm thinking I should delete the driver and reload it to get the latest Win10 version? Anybody got...
  10. DVD blu ray drive

DVD blu ray drive: 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run. It must be the drivers. Its not win 10,...
Tags: