Windows 10: LG Display shows off press-on 'wallpaper' TV under 1mm thick

Discus and support LG Display shows off press-on 'wallpaper' TV under 1mm thick in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; LG Display shows off press-on 'wallpaper' TV under 1mm thick - CNET It's a proof of concept that is a ways out, I hope in a few years. Time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by welcometoheaven, May 21, 2015.

1. LG Display shows off press-on 'wallpaper' TV under 1mm thick

LG Display shows off press-on 'wallpaper' TV under 1mm thick - CNET

It's a proof of concept that is a ways out, I hope in a few years. Time machine anyone? *Wink

Yea I know this isn't directly windows related even though it still applies. What If that was a surface that ran windows and you could just move it from room to room, or a bendable phone. My kids future's will be insane.

:)

welcometoheaven, May 21, 2015

2. windows 10 upgrade no sound through hdmi. LG Tv isn't showing up in sound playback menu.

After upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 my msi gt70 notebook with gtx770m card is not passing audio through the hdmi. The sound preferences don't show the TV as a playback device. And it isn't showing up under audio hardware in the device manager. The gtx770
    control panel has audio through hdmi enabled.

Opening up the device manager, the tv shows up as ageneric pnp monitor under displays and as lg webos tv under digital media devices. Under details for lg webos tv the status for No connect sound is <true>.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Billelbadawi, May 21, 2015
  3. Using TV as Screen

Day 2 Step 1 - Reconnect the system as it was yesterday after all updates to PC. Used same HDMI lead and started with TV off and PC off. Result -- no change, still not functioning. At this point the speaker icon on the PC was showing "Sony TV",
    but no sound or picture on TV. Sound was coming from PC Speakers. The TV remote would run the TV sound up/down according to the data showing on the screen, but no change in sound level on PC. Step 2 - disconnect that HDMI cable and try another one
    -- different "look" and clearly some difference in transmission ability as upon connection I had the PC wallpaper showing on the TV screen as well as the PC. Sound was now coming from the TV speakers from the You Tube video that was playing on PC, but could
    not be seen on TV. Progress anyway! Attempted to adjust various elements of TV picture to no avail. Logged in to my Picasa app on PC to see if trying slide show in the app would show up on TV. No. At this point mouse pointer was visible and functioned
    on both TV and PC displays. Then tried Rt click on TV screen and adjust various elements. VIOLA! Under Graphic Options ---- Output , changed from Extended Desktop to Digital TV and EVERYTHING WORKS! Was able to run slide show from TV screen under mouse
    control but PC screen was black of course. However, either pushing Escape on PC or clicking Exit under the slide show on TV brought me back to the screen I expected where the Picasa display was on top and at the bottom of the screen I could see control icons.
    Clicking the Chrome browser icon along the bottom opens up the full PC display and YOU TUBE works with Sound as well! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, AGAIN.

RaymondBarnhart, May 21, 2015
Thema:

LG Display shows off press-on 'wallpaper' TV under 1mm thick

1. LG Display shows off press-on 'wallpaper' TV under 1mm thick - Similar Threads - Display shows off

2. Connecting laptop to LG smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting laptop to LG smart TV: I used to connect my laptop Lenovo yoga Windows to my LG tv WebOS TV UQ9000PUD using display settings then connect to a wireless display without any problems and used to extend my laptop display to TV. Now, it's not letting me do it at all, and I reset the TV to factory...
  3. Connecting laptop to LG smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting laptop to LG smart TV: I used to connect my laptop Lenovo yoga Windows to my LG tv WebOS TV UQ9000PUD using display settings then connect to a wireless display without any problems and used to extend my laptop display to TV. Now, it's not letting me do it at all, and I reset the TV to factory...
  4. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  5. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  6. Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11: I have been able to get it to work but it seems to only want to work when it feels good and ready. The closest I have been able to come to figuring out when that is is using the event viewer I found an error. This error is there every single time that I try to send to my...
  7. Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11

Having trouble using new LG TV for wireless display in WIN11: I have been able to get it to work but it seems to only want to work when it feels good and ready. The closest I have been able to come to figuring out when that is is using the event viewer I found an error. This error is there every single time that I try to send to my...
  8. Screen share to LG smart tv

Screen share to LG smart tv: Hi! i have a problem with bluetooth screen share to smart tv1. I am trying to connect LG smart tv without HDMI, wireless.2. My model is Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 , windows 10. 3. LG tv model is LG 55UN731C, i think. i dont have any cast device like chromecast etc.So the problem...
  9. TV as second display switching off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TV as second display switching off: I have been using my TV a hisense with a 6 year old acer laptop running windows 10 connected with an hdmi cable with no problems. I bought a Lenovo in August and the TV connects fine but when I drag a window to the tv and click the square to maximise the window the tv...
  10. LG TV?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LG TV?: Can my hp laptop screenshare a Zoom conference with my LG TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-tv/7da4dd9c-2498-4d96-9b8d-255bc2993a7c