Windows 10: Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog

Discus and support Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anybody help in ADDING Libraries to and REMOVING the This PC folder from the Save As dialog? I know how to remove and add these in File Explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amyleigh, Sep 16, 2015.

1. amyleigh Win User

Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog

Can anybody help in ADDING Libraries to and REMOVING the This PC folder from the Save As dialog? I know how to remove and add these in File Explorer, but have no luck in finding a solution for the Save As dialog. I found this thread, but when I get to the value to be changed it already is set to that.

When you have an SSD drive with a secondary HDD for files, you can remap libraries to the HDD but saving files from a program is a problem. I guess another option would be to remap the This PC folders to the HDD and not show the libraries. Anybody know how to do that as an alternative?

:)

amyleigh, Sep 16, 2015

2. Save and Save As... dialog boxes freezing in apps on Windows 10

Hello Bob,

A possible reason why your
    Save As dialog box freezes could be corrupted system files.
    We recommend that you use the System File Checker
    (SFC) tool. System File Checker is a utility available in Windows 10 that checks and repairs corrupted system files. If the issue isn't resolved by running the SFC, kindly use the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
    tool. DISM is used to troubleshoot errors that SFC can't resolve.

For steps and more information regarding the SFC and the DISM, visit the links below:

We look forward to your update.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Lizette Ags, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Problem moving libraries from dedault location to externcal drive

For clarification, the primary user folders, Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. are actual file system folders that contain files that take up disk space. They have six tabs in their Properties dialog. True Libraries, found under the Libraries folder
    in the Navigation Pane, are virtual folders, essentially a saved search of the the folders that appear in the one tab of a Library folder's Properties dialog. The only disk space they take up is what is needed for the .library-ms file (an XML file -- like
    a .lnk file, the extension is 'SuperHidden' and most easily viewed via Command Prompt/PowerShell) found under:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries

so they take up virtually no space.

So are you facing issues regarding the location of the source folders or merely the Library definition.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  5. amyleigh Win User
    Thanks for your reply, Brink. I had already enabled Libraries, as well as removing folder locations from This PC by deleting keys from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\My Computer\NameSpace.

Attached is a side-by-side screenshot of the navigation pane from File Explorer and a Save As dialog from Microsoft Word. This issue is occurring across multiple machines.

amyleigh, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested in Word 2016, and how odd that turning on to show Libraries in the navigation pane in File Explorer doesn't also get applied in the Save as from Word.

However, you can use OPTION ONE below in the Save as dialog to show Libraries in it as well.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...a.html#option1

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  7. amyleigh Win User
    That is weird. I didn't think about right clicking in the navigation pane in the save as box as well. That worked. Thanks!!

What about removing the folder locations from This PC in the Save As dialog? Those links still point to the default library locations.

amyleigh, Sep 17, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog - Similar Threads - Libraries folders Save

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working: The New Folder option in the Save As dialog no longer responds in any of my applications. on Windows 11 Home The only way to create a new folder is to use File Explorer> New Folder....
  5. New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Folder in Save As Dialog no longer working: The New Folder option in the Save As dialog no longer responds in any of my applications. on Windows 11 Home The only way to create a new folder is to use File Explorer> New Folder....
  6. View settings for This PC in Save Dialogs

in Windows 10 Customization
    View settings for This PC in Save Dialogs: Windows 10 20H2 I'm looking for a registry setting to change the default view for "This PC" in Save dialogs, since Explorer ignores changes to the view in that context. Just to be clear, there is no issue if I open "This PC" from the desktop and change the view. In the...
  7. Automatically jump to folder in Open and Save dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically jump to folder in Open and Save dialog boxes: Earlier this year after updating Windows there was a neat feature that when a Save or Open/Import dialog box in a program opened that I could click an open Windows Explorer window and the dialog box would automatically jump to the same directory. This saved me a lot of time...
  8. Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files: I have a lot of files stored on a flash drive in briefcases. However, the open/save as dialogs do not display all available folders. Why is that? What can I do to correct this major headache?...
  9. Removing Libraries from "Open" and "Save as" dialogs in Office 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Libraries from "Open" and "Save as" dialogs in Office 2010: I have removed the Windows 10 "Libraries" from the navigation pane in Windows Explorer and other Microsoft programs (eg. Notepad), but despite an exhaustive internet search I have been unable to discover how to remove Libraries from navigation panes in the "Open" and "Save...
  10. When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing: . When I save a file using "Save As", the list of folders does not show the "Libraries" folder (or any of its subfolders, such as Documents, Music...) When I open File Explorer, I can see the following top-level folders: Libraries OneDrive This PC Network But when I...