Windows 10: Libraries......do I need them??

Discus and support Libraries......do I need them?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hot on the heels of my earlier triumph some minutes ago*Party...feeling really enthusiastic and positive now,*Biggrin and wondering if I should get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by misterkevster, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Libraries......do I need them??

Hot on the heels of my earlier triumph some minutes ago*Party...feeling really enthusiastic and positive now,*Biggrin and wondering if I should get to know more about libraries....and do I need them.

Presently have 4 x HDDs in my PC.....with pics/audio/films/TVrecordings etc in folders distributed across the system.

Up to now...have got by without libraries....is time to move in that direction?

Any comments/pointers please??

:)

misterkevster, Aug 19, 2017

2. How do I get the Libraries I had created into "This PC" of Windows 10?

The above answer did work for getting the Libraries I created to appear in the Windows 10 File Explorer, however, the libraries do not appear when performing any other functions. For example, when saving a file the Libraries do not appear. I end up still
    having to drill down through User, etc to get to the Library's folders. Anyone solve this?

MontyPelletier, Aug 19, 2017
  3. John582n Win User
    How do I get the Libraries I had created into "This PC" of Windows 10?

In File Explorer go View > Options > View > then tick the last tick box "Show Libraries" > OK

John582n, Aug 19, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Libraries......do I need them??

Hello kevster, *Smile

It really depends on your needs and wants for if you need libraries.

Libraries can make it easier to save and access files from one location (library) that are actually saved in other locations.

If you like, here are some tutorials below for more on how to use and set libraries to see if you may want to use them or not.

Brink, Aug 19, 2017
  5. That's the sort of thing I was after.....Thanks*Biggrin

misterkevster, Aug 19, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 19, 2017
  7. Stevekir Win User
    I use the default Libraries. However, I teach and it might be a good idea to create a new Library called Teaching. I could put everything relating to teaching into it. It would make it a little quicker to find a file compared to opening my Teaching folder in my Documents folder.

Stevekir, Aug 20, 2017
  8. Libraries......do I need them??

A Library also gives you some options not available in a Folder.
    I shoot at least one or more small videos every day and store them in a Home Vids folder, when I create a Home Vids Library I Optimize the Library for: Pictures this allows me to Arrange by Day which is not available in a Folder. Day is a better look for me and makes it easier to find the video I want.
    There are probably many more tricks you can do with Libraries

FrillyBits, Aug 20, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Anything that I use as troubleshooting tools, I keep them in a Library folder labeled "Tools". Those are items that can be ran off of a USB stick or do not have installers for them to installed.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Libraries......do I need them??

1. Libraries......do I need them?? - Similar Threads - Libraries need

2. I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.: It says this after I updated my Laptop Assertion Failed! Program: ...\node-vulcanjs\build\Release\VulcanMessageLib.node File: C:\bid\workspace\CXX-Process\release...\vulcanadapter.cc Line: 390 Expression vulcan_ And then I can only chose Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons....
  3. I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help on Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error.: It says this after I updated my Laptop Assertion Failed! Program: ...\node-vulcanjs\build\Release\VulcanMessageLib.node File: C:\bid\workspace\CXX-Process\release...\vulcanadapter.cc Line: 390 Expression vulcan_ And then I can only chose Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons....
  4. How do I find if some libraries are still needed?

How do I find if some libraries are still needed?: I have a critical laptop that is well backed up and is running fine. The only problem is the HDD is pretty much consumed. I have removed all the things I know I don't want or need. Still about 50% of the capacity is Windows Redistributables and other Windows bits with dates...
  5. How do I find if some libraries are still needed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find if some libraries are still needed?: I have a critical laptop that is well backed up and is running fine. The only problem is the HDD is pretty much consumed. I have removed all the things I know I don't want or need. Still about 50% of the capacity is Windows Redistributables and other Windows bits with dates...
  6. Do I need Vulkan Run Times Libraries? Windows10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need Vulkan Run Times Libraries? Windows10: I've just been checking something in my Control Panel & I noticed these two Apps: Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.33.0 publisher LunarG, Inc & Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.54.1 publisher Intel According to Bing: "Vulkan Run Time Libraries is a new graphic standard provided...
  7. Need Help!!! My Download Library Looks like Pictures, I don't know how to change it. Any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help!!! My Download Library Looks like Pictures, I don't know how to change it. Any...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BihartStudio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llj2ab/need_help_my_download_library_looks_like_pictures/
  8. I need help with GPO (Custom Libraries + hidden C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help with GPO (Custom Libraries + hidden C:): Hi, I am having an issue that I need assistance with. I have a group policy which updates the Windows Registry in order to "Hide" the C:-drive. No permissions are changed, it is only the visibility that is changed ("NoDrives" @...
  9. I lost one music Playlist from my itunes Library and I need to recover it

I lost one music Playlist from my itunes Library and I need to recover it: Hi there, I lost one Music Playlist from my itunes Music Library. How do I recover it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-one-music-playlist-from-my-itunes-library/e73f7d9e-37ec-4efb-aec9-c0af82d8c42d
  10. I NEED TO ADD INFO FOR A CD THAT I AM LOADIN TO MY LIBRARY. THANKS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I NEED TO ADD INFO FOR A CD THAT I AM LOADIN TO MY LIBRARY. THANKS.: I NEED HELP TO LOAD A CD INFO INTO MY LIBRARY.. THANKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-add-info-for-a-cd-that-i-am-loadin-to-my/587307d6-3b6a-4257-bd80-c8538026f705"