Windows 10: Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer

Discus and support Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've added folders to my libraries (like music, pictures etc.) but in the explorer they don't appear there, on the left. Instead I (gather that) I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by elTopo, Oct 1, 2015.

1. elTopo Win User

Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer

I've added folders to my libraries (like music, pictures etc.) but in the explorer they don't appear there, on the left. Instead I (gather that) I see folders with the same names as the libraries (which is quite confusing)...

For example, in the "music" library I have added a big fat folder with mp3s (other than the "iTunes" you see in the pic), which does not appear when I click on music, here. Apparently, this is not the library but some other folder of the same name.

Matter of fact, I'm a bit confused....

Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer [​IMG]

I'd like to see the libraries there, instead of these folders. Is that possible?
    thanx

:)

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015

2. Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

I tried to locate it in the Programs and Features , but it wasn't there. so i searched for it and I found it. So while running your command I find this .

AjeethRakkapan, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Mr.Amit , I am eagerly waiting to hear it from you.

AjeethRakkapan, Oct 1, 2015
  4. elTopo Win User

For example, here's the "explorer" of some program. Here you can see on the left two times "Music" with the very same icon. But it doesn't seem to be the same thing.

One time, it seems to be a folder of some kind... Second time it seems to be a library.

Qs:
    • Why this very confusing folder/libary naming?
    • How can I have my windows explorer show the libraries instead of the folders?

thnx

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    EDIT: Sorry - I couldn't see the second one well. Please make it clearer.

I got told off by the admins for being rude - I do not mean to be, just please show a screen print we can read.

lx07, Oct 1, 2015
  6. elTopo Win User
    This is a picture of ACDSee 6 and this is the default theme. I would never pick such a theme but I wouldn't bother to change it, either.

I don't care the least to impress anyone, let alone some unknown guy I don't know or care about. If you think it's a "comedy" theme, If you think I try to "impress" ppl and if you aren't able to see what the screenshot shows, just walk, I don't care the least to be helped by ppl with this kind of attitude.

*Smile

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  8. elTopo Win User

Thanks, Cliff S. I followed your instructions and now the libraries do appear there.

But I find the existance of prefixed folders, along with the libraries, all with the same names (music, pictures etc.) disturbing. As I understand, I can't get rid of the folders, so I'll drop the use of the libraries and get on with the folders.

( I've been using MS OSs since MSDOS was the hot thing (I did skip vista, though, and uninstalled W8/8.1 soon after installation). I never remember another OS this hard to customize. )

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    An option that I use is the Desktop tool bar and it's cascading menu when I want to access something quickly. I turn libraries off too in file explorer, but for example I have created an extra library for my VM's, so to access quickly I just do this:

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer - Similar Threads - Libraries don't appear

2. Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11: Hello, I'm using Windows 11. A few weeks ago, I noticed these gray lines on the left pane of the File Explorer, specifically on the Libraries section. I'm not sure why this is happening. It doesn't matter if the theme is light or dark; I face the same issue. Regards....
  3. Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11: Hello, I'm using Windows 11. A few weeks ago, I noticed these gray lines on the left pane of the File Explorer, specifically on the Libraries section. I'm not sure why this is happening. It doesn't matter if the theme is light or dark; I face the same issue. Regards....
  4. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, it is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  5. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, It is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  6. Libraries folder appearing on desktop

Libraries folder appearing on desktop: Hello, The "Libraries" folder randomly appeared on my desktop with no option to be removed. Additionally, It is not appearing in the folder "Desktop. " How do I remove this folder? Thank you....
  7. minecraft not appearing in my library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    minecraft not appearing in my library: my church leader bought me minecraft windows 10 as a gift, and i had to redeem the code blah blah blah. that was earlier this year. i wiped the laptop i redeemed the code on. im logged into the account/email that the code & minecraft applied to but i cant play it- it wants me...
  8. I don't see Libraries in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't see Libraries in File Explorer: I had a local computer shop upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. They did a clean OS install but preserved my user data. Actually, they backed up my user data and then then restored to a new (larger) internal hard drive. Today, I noticed that File explorer does not have an...
  9. wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library: Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693. .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?). Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music. User has full rights to folder and subs In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file...
  10. Corrupt Segment

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt Segment: I have a external hard drive connected to my computer that has all my quickbooks files on it but have a corrupt segment, the number chkdsk gave me was 3EFSD. Can somebody please help me fix it. 97527