Windows 10: Libraries Folders

Discus and support Libraries Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wiley Coyote, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Wiley Coyote Win User

Libraries Folders

I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder?

Libraries Folders [​IMG]

I actually have only one Documents Folder in This PC. Shouldn't the Library reflect that?

:)

Wiley Coyote, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Harshavardhan Rathod Win User
    Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Parth P Patel Win User

Libraries Folders

This PC folder assignments.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to create all the folder you want to add to D drive and then mark them to show in libraries. You can pin it under Library in Windows file explorer by following the below given steps:

• Right click on desired folder that is to be displayed under library.
    • Click on show in Library and click on the folder under which it is to be displayed.
    Hope this answers your query. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Libraries Folders

1. Libraries Folders - Similar Threads - Libraries Folders

2. Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Doesn't Update Songs Info in the Music Library Folder: Hi What happens is the following: for exemple, if have a song named MUSIC FILE NAME and i change it in Windows Media Player to Music File Name the song info and music file name in the music libary folder won't change accordingly. Is this working as intended for being a...
  3. Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?: Hello When unchecking the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and selecting "Show hidden folders, files and drives" in the Folder Options, I can see My Music, My Pictures and My videos library folders appearing in my Documents folder. I have Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Libraries folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries folder: Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane. Is there a way through...
  5. OneDrive Videos folder not shown in Videos Library in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Videos folder not shown in Videos Library in explorer?: Hello, I have made a folder on OneDrive for videos and I want that folder to be shown in the Videos library in explorer, just like there is a OneDrive Documents and Pictures folder shown in explorer's Documents and Pictures library respectively. Going into Properties of the...
  6. Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder: I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit...
  7. Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...: when I try to see what is in the Quarantine folder on Windows Defender it says somethin about Library DDL or DLL not being installed or in error...
  8. Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete photos that are duplicated in the computer library's Pictures folder?: I've just started using Onedrive and I have a question. I still have photos in the computer's Pictures Album as well as in the Onedrive Pictures album. That seems to be taking up a lot of hard drive space. Can I delete the photos in the computer library's picture album?...
  9. How to Add or Remove folders in a Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove folders in a Library in Windows 10: [ATTACH] To improve and enhance the working experience of users, Windows 10 allows folders from different locations in the Windows Library to be viewed and accessed from a single place. For instance, if you keep some audio/video content on an external [...] This post How to...
  10. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...