Windows 10: Library folders multiply

Discus and support Library folders multiply in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been experiencing a bug that makes Library folders appear multiple times in the navigation pane. It is obviously the same folder that is displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ginyu, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ginyu Win User

Library folders multiply

I've been experiencing a bug that makes Library folders appear multiple times in the navigation pane. It is obviously the same folder that is displayed many times and I can get rid of them if I refresh the navigation pane by hitting the F5 key. I've noticed that it happens when I have an Explorer window open while another program is copying or deleting files in the background to a folder inside one of the Library folders tree.

I can easily reproduce it doing the following:

1) Open Explorer window
    2) Open cmd.
    3) With cmd I copy some file inside the Documents folder.

This causes another "Documents" icon to show up in the navigation pane.

Has this happened to anybody else? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

:)

Ginyu, Aug 16, 2015
  2. RBDRE Win User

Documents folder multiplying in navigation menu.

Al folders contain the same content. It is multyplying in ThicPC and it happens when I copy or edit a file in this folder. After editing just a few files it already has been multiplied by 10 and it will keep multiplying.

RBDRE, Aug 16, 2015
  3. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Original Title :

"Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Marvin Graham, Aug 16, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Library folders multiply

I just tried it, didn't happen. Are you seeing a Docs folder under "desktop" and another in "Quick Access"? I have another under This PC.

As long as they vanish when pressing F5, it should not be doing anything harmful

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Ginyu Win User
    No, only under "This PC".

Also, I should have mentioned that I have moved the Library folders from their default location to a different drive.

Ginyu, Aug 16, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Ah, that might explain it. Did you simply add more locations to each library item, or did you just set a new save location? I didn't know that you can actually move a default library item to another drive, I've only ever added more locations and changed the Save Location to the new added location.

That might be why it's showing twice then, it thinks you have saved it into the old location, and tries to add that to navigation, until you refresh.

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  7. Ginyu Win User
    I just set a new save location.

By the way, I've realized that I don't even need to open another program to do file operations on the folder and trigger the bug. Just by creating new folders, deleting files, etc. on the Explorer window itself, the icon in the navigation pane starts replicating itself.

I also noticed that if I restore Documents to its default location, the bug disappears. As soon as I change it back, it shows up again.

For now, I've managed to avoid this bug by using a symbolic link instead of setting the location with the menu provided by Windows.

Ginyu, Aug 16, 2015
  8. gordonlw Win User

Library folders multiply

gordonlw, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Ginyu Win User
    Thanks for pointing me to that thread.

Ginyu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Library folders multiply

1. Library folders multiply - Similar Threads - Library folders multiply

2. Multiplying Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiplying Virus: Hello!So basically a few days ago i was chilling, i had an update so i restarted my computer and as soon as i restarted and signed in, Windows Defender alerted me there's a powershell virus and some app or thing is using powershell to create malwareI used Microsoft Live Chat...
  3. Duplicate libraries-library folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  4. multiply monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiply monitors: I extended my monitor however the 2 monitor seems to be the default. How do I set my 1 monitor as the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiply-monitors/edc73764-1bb7-49b3-90fd-75ef77c9a5da
  5. Libraries folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries folder: Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane. Is there a way through...
  6. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  7. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  8. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane: I have this problem on my fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 installtion where the documents folder keep multiplying in the file explorer navigation pane, it sometimes appears when I'm using the file explorer or leave it open in the background for a while. The system folders...
  9. Library folder create new library not working (not available)

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folder create new library not working (not available): See this: Create New Library in Windows 10 Pictures will help understand my problem. Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me. 1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty) 2) ... on...
  10. Documents folder has been multiplying itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder has been multiplying itself: Just did a fresh Win 10 Pro 64 bit install. In File Explorer, I've directed Documents folder to server on network. As you can see, the Documents folder has been multiplying itself. This, from ordinary use. Under Properties each copy has the location tab showing the server....