Windows 10: Library set up

Discus and support Library set up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep all my movies music and pictures on a separate drive. In Windows 7 it simple to add these files to there corresponding library's but I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kellymac35, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Library set up

I keep all my movies music and pictures on a separate drive. In Windows 7 it simple to add these files to there corresponding library's but I cannot figure out how to do this with Windows 10. I am sure it is simple and I am just over looking something. Thanks in advance.

Kelly

:)

Kellymac35, Oct 5, 2014

2. Adding libraries

I want to set up libraries for m digital scrapbooking kits. My question is once I set up a library folder, how do you add to the folder, if you can not add all the items at one time. Also, can you set up libraries with sub folders? (In order words, I have
    a folder for scrapbooking kits, the beneath that I have folders for the designers). I would like to follow the same type of format for libraries if possible. A Main Library Header and then sub libraries below that.

Thanks for your response.

gaylebrinkley, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Nokia Music available for Windows 8

Hi there

If you change the Music library settings and map it to your folder, Nokia Music should also find your music.

You can change your music library settings by opening up the music library in windows explorer and then go in to library tools > Manage > Manage library

elinahlberg---01, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Library set up

Hi Kelly,
    Make sure all your music folders on the separate drive are organized properly into one folder, then:
    Open a library that you wish to 'fill', click Library Tools/Manage on the Menu Bar, click on 'Manage Library' in the 'drop down' ribbon, in the dialog window that appears click 'Add', in the next window navigate to the folder you want to add then click on 'Include folder', click OK on previous window.

Edwin, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Got it. Thank you Edwin.

Kellymac35, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Library set up

1. Library set up - Similar Threads - Library set

2. Windows Media Player keeps f---ing with my library settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player keeps f---ing with my library settings: A minor problem, and I know WMP is an old program on life support, but would still like to fix it. I have a rather large music library on an external drive F:, and there's also a public folder. So in Windows Media Player, under Manage Libraries.../Music, I have two folders...
  3. I have set my Videos library to the directory of my second storage drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have set my Videos library to the directory of my second storage drive: I was trying to change the location of my Videos library to my secondary drive to after recently switching to an SSD boot and managed to set my videos library to the whole second drive. i have tried making a new library and changing the location of that but nothing is...
  4. Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting: Further to my previous post (https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/140227-windows-live-photo-gallery-screen-not-repainting-after-updating.html?140227=#post1738929) about Windows (Live) Photo Gallery, I have discovered the probable cause of the issue. In the previous post, I...
  5. How can I set the view options for a Library - AND SAVE THEM?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set the view options for a Library - AND SAVE THEM?: If I'm not in a library, I can set my view options (such as which columns to display, Details vs Tiles view, etc) and then go to Options > View tab > Apply to Folders. However, when I'm using a Library, all these settings are ignored and the awful defaults are used. I can...
  6. How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to apply view settings of library to subfolders?: On windows 1809, with sfc.scannow giving no error, I run Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default(1).bat in order to reset everything then I run All_Folders_Use_Documents_Folder_Template(1).bat in order to make all folder views as document then I create my custom...
  7. Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...: Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by leaving the app toggle on? * Original title: Security * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  8. Hide Documents library privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Documents library privacy settings?: I want to hide Documents library privacy settings from search. When I try to get to my Documents folder, the search result is Settings page called Documents library privacy settings. I really don’t need it but I really need the folder I am trying to find. Why am I getting a...
  9. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

Hide Documents library privacy settings from search: I use the search bar to find folders very often - it works a hell of a lot better than previous versions of Windows and my hands don't have to leave the keyboard for me to find the folder or file I need. Works great, except when I want to get to my Documents folder. For some...
  10. Windows Media Player keeps losing its library settings

Windows Media Player keeps losing its library settings: I have just installed a bootable SSD into my desktop PC and moved all my music tracks onto the old hard drive - which is to keep all my data on. As expected, I amended my library definitions to point them to the locations of folders on the remapped hard drive. I did the...