Windows 10: Library Setup

Discus and support Library Setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep all my movies music and pictures on a separate drive. In Windows 7 it simple to add these files to there corresponding library's but I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kellymac35, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Library Setup

I keep all my movies music and pictures on a separate drive. In Windows 7 it simple to add these files to there corresponding library's but I cannot figure out how to do this with Windows 10. I am sure it is simple and I am just over looking something. Thanks in advance.

Kelly

:)

Kellymac35, Apr 5, 2015
  2. kassemz Win User

c:\ProgramData is not accessible

I'm trying to install a VSTinstrunent library and the setup process needs to access ProgramData otherwise the setup failed

kassemz, Apr 5, 2015
  3. Not happy with Storage Pools.

If you moved the folders that are members of the libraries to the storage pool and did not just include the storage pool drive(s) in the libraries ... then it ahould work as you seem to be expecting.

A storage pool is nothing more than a virtual raid. I think your issue lies with your library setup.

A library is essentially a shortcut to several (usually) folders you (or someone else) deemed to be related. The location of the folders in the library is where ever you created it in the first place (or their default location or where you moved that location
    to in terms of user profile folders like documents and pictures.)

So..

Please post images of your storage pool setup and the thing where you think files are being mirrored...

Shenan Stanley, Apr 5, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Library Setup

Dude, Apr 5, 2015
  5. I am still missing something. In windows 7 you can add folders that are stored on other drives to the corresponding library .

Kellymac35, Apr 5, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Dude, Apr 5, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Kelly,

The tutorial below can help show you how to add a folder to a library. The tutorial is for Windows 8, but is the same in Windows 10. *Smile

Library - Add a Folder to in Windows 8

Brink, Apr 5, 2015
  8. Library Setup

First, can you see your Libraries?

No?
    Right click the navigation pane and select Show Libraires

Library Setup [​IMG]

Library Setup [​IMG]

Yes?
    Add the folder to the Library (there are two ways)

1) Using the Library Properties

Library Setup [​IMG]

2) Using the context menu

Library Setup [​IMG]

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2015
  9. Beat me again
    ...and you referenced the tutorial ...... I was going to include that, but hit the submit button, then I was going to edit my post, but you already gave the information!

Thanks Shawn - you are quick and you know where all the good stuff is *Wink
    I have to go look every time!

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2015
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    The easiest is to go to the Properties of the library and add your folders there. You can also remove them there.

11. Thanks for all the replies. This was really easy in Windows 7 not sure why it keeps stumping me in Windows 10.

Thanks again, Kelly

Kellymac35, Apr 6, 2015
  12. It's easy in Win10 too, but different.
    In Win8 and after, MS removed the library bar at the top of Libraries - now you have to do everything in properties (right click the Library)

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Library Setup

1. Library Setup - Similar Threads - Library Setup

2. I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...: i accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how can I delete all the copies without having to do them one by one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-made-a-copy-of-every-photo-in-my/9bf98431-f699-42b0-855b-b999aeb86320
  3. I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how do I delete all the copies...: i accidently made a copy of every photo in my library. how can I delete all the copies without having to do them one by one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-made-a-copy-of-every-photo-in-my/9bf98431-f699-42b0-855b-b999aeb86320
  4. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add network drive folders to a library: I have four shared folders from the same Windows 10 Home machine, all the same permissions. Each shared folder is a separate drive volume custom letters, I:\, M:\, R:\, V:\. I am able to successfully set them up as network drives on two other Windows 10 Home machines, but...
  5. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

Unable to add network drive folders to a library: I have four shared folders from the same Windows 10 Home machine, all the same permissions. Each shared folder is a separate drive volume custom letters, I:\, M:\, R:\, V:\. I am able to successfully set them up as network drives on two other Windows 10 Home machines, but...
  6. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...: I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle for music audio or video then it only plays the first 2 songs and then stops playing.It's fine on my phone but on my pc both streaming and downloaded only play the first two songs then it...
  8. I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...

I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle...: I'm having problems with JW Library on my laptop? When I select Play ALL or even shuffle for music audio or video then it only plays the first 2 songs and then stops playing.It's fine on my phone but on my pc both streaming and downloaded only play the first two songs then it...
  9. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...
  10. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...