Windows 10: Library View Type affects other library and reverts back

Discus and support Library View Type affects other library and reverts back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So every time I change the view type of either my programs library or downloads library, they affect each other changing the other libraries view type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hangtime21, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Library View Type affects other library and reverts back

So every time I change the view type of either my programs library or downloads library, they affect each other changing the other libraries view type as well. To further baffle me, when I browse other libraries and go back to either downloads or programs or when I exit and re-enter explorer they're both in extra large icons view. To note, besides my documents, music and hopefully programs libraries, I set every library to extra large icons. *sarc

:)

hangtime21, Apr 10, 2017
  2. JAK0723 Win User

Consistent Folder View and Sort Options in Libraries

Is there any way to make the subfolders within libraries to maintain a consistent view and sort options?

For example, the default pictures library has sort by 'name', 'date', 'tags', etc, but I want my pictures library to have sort options similar to the document library default, e.g. sort by 'name', 'date modified', 'type', 'size'. If I change the sort options
    in the top folder in my picture library, it only affects that folder, not the subfolders. If I wanted all the folders in my picture library to have consistent sort options, I would have to change every single folder manually. I have tried optimising the pictures
    library for documents, so that all folders have the intended sort options, but that changes the folder view to 'details', whereas I want 'large icons'. I have the same problem as before, as I would have to manually change every folder's view to 'large icons'.

I have seen other threads refer to using 'folder options' to apply a folder's view and sort options to subfolders, yet the 'apply to folders' button is greyed out in libraries. Folders located in libraries also lack a customise tab in their properties. Such
    a problem does not occur in folders under 'This PC', yet I would much rather use libraries as folders are always sorted to the top of the window, unlike in 'This PC'.

JAK0723, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Pictures not apprearing in photo app

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay.

Try to restore default libraries and check.

To restore the computer's default libraries, follow these steps.

Note: Deleting and re-creating the libraries does not affect the data in the libraries.

1. Open Windows/File Explorer.

2. In the left pane, click Libraries.

Note: If you don't see "Libraries" listed, tap or click View at the top of the screen. On the Navigation pane drop-down menu, make sure that Show libraries is selected.

3. Right-click each library (Pictures) and then tap or click Delete.

4. In the left pane, right-click (or tap and hold) Libraries, and then select Restore default libraries. This action re-creates the libraries.
    All the data in the library folders should again be accessible through Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

Library View Type affects other library and reverts back

1. Library View Type affects other library and reverts back - Similar Threads - Library View Type

2. Annoying Problem in Library folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying Problem in Library folder view: -so say i have multiple directories in a give library music library for example ,when i click the down arrow to collapse /expand one directorie's view ,after i refresh the other follows suit ,can anyone please tell me how to fix this ?the upper image show how i want it to be...
  3. To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?: Hello Community Members PLEASE see the picture enclosed for your convenience and reference about want I am trying to do I want to have when FE File Explorer is OPEN to have a SET-LOOK for EASY-ACCESS So I am ORGANISED in my business and working environment saving me...
  4. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  5. libraries

libraries: After I access files in my library (word,excel, etc.), when I close them the screen reverts to the start screen (with tiles), rather than the library I was working in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/libraries/b9b06fb7-ab19-4075-9e73-e7989330c1fc"
  6. LIBRARIES

LIBRARIES: CAN YOU SAVE JUST A FILE TO LIBRARIES? I CAN SAVE A FILE IF I PIT IT IN A FOLDER BUT NOT JUST A FILE NOT IN A FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/libraries/6469a981-5e36-4ee7-9554-80304bd71194"
  7. libraries

libraries: I do not want camera roll or saved pictures as libraries what programs keep re making these or how can i change the name and keep it, why are these files repopulated with data that doesn't concern them like docs in the camera roll this is so upsetting that I can't control my...
  8. Error loading type library/DLL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error loading type library/DLL: I fully scaned my PC. After that i opened history of windows defender and then opened all options of its. But when i pressed any option of history, i found a error message (Error loading type library/DLL). what i do now? I'm unable to open these options. I need your help...
  9. Changing library location changes all other libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing library location changes all other libraries: My downloads, documents, videos, desktop library folders are labeled as Documents and when I change one of the locations they all change. 53948
  10. Libraries ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries ?: Have Libraries gone in the latest build ? I seem to remember that they were hidden in earlier ones, but now I can't seem to find them. I don't use them myself - just playing around trying out things and haven't come across them. 4028