Windows 10: Licence isnt being used on my old one so one would think i could move the product i purchased?

Discus and support Licence isnt being used on my old one so one would think i could move the product i purchased? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This has probably been asked a hundred times but.... I upgraded to windows 10 pro in 2018 and have been using it ever since. Recently my laptop had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jaso., Jan 23, 2020.

1. Jaso. Win User

Licence isnt being used on my old one so one would think i could move the product i purchased?

This has probably been asked a hundred times but....

I upgraded to windows 10 pro in 2018 and have been using it ever since. Recently my laptop had to go in to be repaired with no joy so i had to purchase a new one.

Now surely if that original pro i purchased can be transferred to my new laptop?. It isnt being used on my old one so one would think i could move the product i purchased to the new laptop?

:)

Jaso., Jan 23, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Uninstalled windows 10 Licence but i saved the Product ID and Not the licence code

Hi csandreas1

Do you intend using that licence on another PC?

Log into your Microsoft Account online, do you see that Windows 10 Licence listed there?

Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

If you see that listed there, you will be OK . .

Please Note, if you do intend to install that licence on another PC:

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC or Motherboard, if it is OEM it will not . ..

DaveM121, Jan 23, 2020
  3. aradne Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Licence isnt being used on my old one so one would think i could move the product i purchased?

Is it compulsory to purchase volume licence for business use, can we use OEM licence for business

Hello, I have query regarding windows licence

Is it compulsory to purchase volume licence for business use, can we use OEM licence for business

AnupamSaini, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Licence isnt being used on my old one so one would think i could move the product i purchased?

1. Licence isnt being used on my old one so one would think i could move the product i purchased? - Similar Threads - Licence isnt being

2. i hate windows so much wish that one day it will be forgotten and no one ever use it so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i hate windows so much wish that one day it will be forgotten and no one ever use it so...: im just a casual user who have a tiny experience with os and bash and problem solving not an experienced person by any means and windows problems are just the most difficult yet it should be simple but i just can't understand why this os is so brokecouple of days ago i...
  3. i hate windows so much wish that one day it will be forgotten and no one ever use it so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i hate windows so much wish that one day it will be forgotten and no one ever use it so...: im just a casual user who have a tiny experience with os and bash and problem solving not an experienced person by any means and windows problems are just the most difficult yet it should be simple but i just can't understand why this os is so brokecouple of days ago i...
  4. I would like to move one device from my account to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to move one device from my account to another.: I have 3 pc devices on my account; i is new Windows 11. I would like to move one of the older ones Windows 10 to another user in my family's account. That user does not have any devices listed....
  5. I would like to move one device from my account to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to move one device from my account to another.: I have 3 pc devices on my account; i is new Windows 11. I would like to move one of the older ones Windows 10 to another user in my family's account. That user does not have any devices listed....
  6. my old bootdrive stopped working so i threw in my old one (wich is a fully functioning one)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my old bootdrive stopped working so i threw in my old one (wich is a fully functioning one)...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/palm-top-taiga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqfvst/my_old_bootdrive_stopped_working_so_i_threw_in_my/
  7. if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    if i purchase workstation licence over my OEM licence of Windows pro, can i move my windows...: i am planing to purchase a workstation licence over my OEM licence of windows pro through Microsoft store, but not sure if i can move that licence to another computer in future or not ? or may be i should ask this - if i upgrade OEM licence of Windows pro to Workstation,...
  8. I was recommended this subreddit, if any one could help me solve this that would be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was recommended this subreddit, if any one could help me solve this that would be...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OrganicOrganigs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evhswg/i_was_recommended_this_subreddit_if_any_one_could/
  9. i need to move my information from old computer to new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need to move my information from old computer to new one: how to move information to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/i-need-to-move-my-information-from-old-computer-to/9d1899c6-bb1f-4827-87ee-7a829c5993af
  10. Could I use 2 Thunderbird email programs on one PC? Perhaps one beta?

in Browsers and Email
    Could I use 2 Thunderbird email programs on one PC? Perhaps one beta?: Hi All, Still searching for a decent email client! Been using eM Client, but had problems with lag. Tried out The Bat, but I didn't like the way it always forwarded emails as an attachment and it was a bit confusing to use. I've set up Thunderbird for my wife's...