Windows 10: License problem

Discus and support License problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. I have an HP PC that I bought in 2011 (still works great) and I got windows sticker on it. Inside the bios I think there use to be windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 3director, May 25, 2016.

1. 3director Win User

License problem

Hi all.
    I have an HP PC that I bought in 2011 (still works great) and I got windows sticker on it.
    Inside the bios I think there use to be windows 7 installed so you can re-install when ever you want.
    My IT guys deleted that "image" and install from other CD and without punting the license in.

Long story short, I want to format my win7 and install win 10.

1. Where do I download from?
    2. Will my sticker work? see image, i mean, how can I use this license?

License problem [​IMG]

:)

3director, May 25, 2016

2. Licensing problems

to get licence for ovi music player on my pc

chandan174, May 25, 2016
  3. dizzylala Win User
    licensing problems

All I can say is that I followed the instructions to the letter in the email and it worked for me not sure of the problem you have encountered sorry I cant help :smileysad:

dizzylala, May 25, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

License problem

Create bootable usb flash drive or dvd using

Windows 10

Boot from it, select custom install, choose pro, and use windows 7 key (product key with 25 letters/numbers) on sticker to activate it.

Good idea to image drive as well as Jimbo says (posted at same time).

cereberus, May 25, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Just download the Media creation tool from Ms -- when you install Windows enter the sticker number from the PC -- should work as previous poster says -=- but IN ADDITION : .

Note - Before getting rid of W7 IMAGE THE HDD with something like Free macrium in case upgrade doesn't go smoothly or you need to revert back to W7.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 25, 2016
  6. Windows 7 doesn't store a key in the BIOS. There is an OEM identifier in the OEM SLIC table but no actual product code. If Windows 7 isn't installed, there is no key to auto detect. As mentioned, to clean install Windows 10 now, you need to use the key on the COA sticker. And install the correct version of Windows 10 for it to be accepted. 10 Pro is what you want. The media Creation tool will just list Windows 10. It's a multi edition ISO that can install Home or Pro. Select Pro during your install. Then enter your key from the COA sticker. If your key is refused, don't panic. Just click skip. Then when its all installed open the system page and click change product key. It should be accepted then. unless you mistyped it.

alphanumeric, May 25, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    What version of Windows 7 is on the computer now? If it's Pro, same as is on the COA sticker then that's what you use. If it's a different version then I recommend running ShowkeyPlus to save the current installation key then you can use that to install Win 10 with or use the one on the COA. Either will works as long as the version being installed matches the one for the key you use.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

License problem

1. License problem - Similar Threads - License problem

2. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  3. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  4. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  5. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  6. Problem getting Windows license key

Problem getting Windows license key: I just bought a full license of Windows 11 from Microsoft on their store to add to an install of Windows I've done in a VM.I was charged by Microsoft immediately, but I've received no email on how to get the key and nothing on my account page shows where I can install a...
  7. Problem getting Windows license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem getting Windows license key: I just bought a full license of Windows 11 from Microsoft on their store to add to an install of Windows I've done in a VM.I was charged by Microsoft immediately, but I've received no email on how to get the key and nothing on my account page shows where I can install a...
  8. How do solve my Windows License Manager problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do solve my Windows License Manager problem?: Hi, Microsoft i am using windows 11 everything was good but suddenly any of my file are not opening, like pdf, app, and videos it says "File System error -2147416359. and i checked in services and Windows License Manager is missing. How do i solve this i need this to be solve...
  9. How do solve my Windows License Manager problem?

How do solve my Windows License Manager problem?: Hi, Microsoft i am using windows 11 everything was good but suddenly any of my file are not opening, like pdf, app, and videos it says "File System error -2147416359. and i checked in services and Windows License Manager is missing. How do i solve this i need this to be solve...
  10. Problem of can't find and get the PRODUCT KEY to Activate the License of Office Home &...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem of can't find and get the PRODUCT KEY to Activate the License of Office Home &...: from where did i find my product key to activate the office home and students https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-cant-find-and-get-the-product-key-to/e68bf44f-63f0-4e5d-98be-b6ccd7b16db4