Windows 10: Licensed application opens as trial.

Discus and support Licensed application opens as trial. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having overcome a problem with Stereo Mix - in another thread - and having re-installed Cool Edit Pro, despite me entering its genuine licence key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Syncopator, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Licensed application opens as trial.

Having overcome a problem with Stereo Mix - in another thread - and having re-installed Cool Edit Pro, despite me entering its genuine licence key during installation, it opens up claiming to be a trial version.

How do I overcome that?

:)

Syncopator, Aug 9, 2018
  2. gohanman Win User

Windows Photos App won't open; says trial license is expired

The Windows Photos app suddenly refuses to open.

It first says "There's a problem with Photos. Contact your System Administrator about repairing or reinstalling it".

After clicking OK the next error dialog says "This app failed to launch because its trial license expired".

How do I fix this? If I go to Settings => Apps & Features the "Uninstall" button is disabled. It seems to be a core component of Windows that cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled. There is no repair option listed.

The
    app store listing
    does not list anything about a paid version or trial version which leads me to believe some Windows built-in licensing mechanism just screwed up and there isn't actual a trial license that expired.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

gohanman, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 9, 2018
  4. chadwick0 Win User

Licensed application opens as trial.

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Licensed application opens as trial.

1. Licensed application opens as trial. - Similar Threads - Licensed application opens

2. Issue Regarding Trial License Extension for Team Foundation Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Regarding Trial License Extension for Team Foundation Server: Hello,I'm posting in regard to an issue I'm facing with a trial license of Team Foundation Server 2015 for my company. We had to extend the trial license once and the extension has almost ended. We are in the process of migrating from one server to another, but we were...
  3. Issue Regarding Trial License Extension for Team Foundation Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Regarding Trial License Extension for Team Foundation Server: Hello,I'm posting in regard to an issue I'm facing with a trial license of Team Foundation Server 2015 for my company. We had to extend the trial license once and the extension has almost ended. We are in the process of migrating from one server to another, but we were...
  4. No applicable license found

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No applicable license found: Hello! Last night I bought the game Among us, it was all correct, I could play it without problem, until today it began to say that there is no applied license and it is beginning to worry me....
  5. Applications Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications Not Opening: Hello all! I'm not sure if this is specifically a Microsoft/Windows issue or if it is more of an issue with Google. Recently, Google Chrome hasn't been opening on my Surface Pro 3. The shortcut on my desktop displays an "X" on the bottom left corner, this also happens with...
  6. Trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trial: I tried downloading a Microsoft game that I previous had and have been playing for 4 years now. Now it is telling me I have to buy something that I already had with my computer when I bought it. What is going on with your new updates. I hate it. I tried reloading and it...
  7. W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality: I have a client who is performing clean PC rebuilds from W7Pro to W10Pro and stated he used the following link to perform the task (view the link at the end) and was successful. I remoted in and saw that he has a generic code that generated VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T....
  8. Does system image restore free trial of applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does system image restore free trial of applications: If I created a system image using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) while I had, for example, 5 days left of a free trial for some application (e.g. MS Office, Acrobat pro, or any other application that offers a free trial for some period of time) installed on my computer, then...
  9. TRIAL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRIAL: Hey so everytime I go to record something or talk with friends on this computer all they hear is "Trial" and when I replay audio I recorded again all I hear is "Trial", any solutions?...
  10. Trial, trial trial, windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Trial, trial trial, windows 10: Somone, for the love of God please help me. I upgraded to windows 10 last night. I love it so far, BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, there is a problem. I think it is cortana saying, trial, trial, trial, trial, every 10 seconds or so and IT NEVER STOPS. I have to keep my speakers...