Windows 10: Lifetime of restore points?

Discus and support Lifetime of restore points? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I noticed today that 4 of my earlier restore points were deleted today and only 2 remain. Earliest restore point was created on December 10, no new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bumboola, Dec 29, 2016.

1. bumboola Win User

Lifetime of restore points?

I noticed today that 4 of my earlier restore points were deleted today and only 2 remain. Earliest restore point was created on December 10, no new restore points have been created since December 22 and my usage was nowhere near to what I have set as a limit. This is on the Anniversary build, earliest restore point remaining was created on December 15. System was on the same session when this happened, not after a restart. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

bumboola, Dec 29, 2016

2. Lifetimer

To my knowledge, the lifetimer is a measure in hrs:mins of how long your handset has been actively online, it's the sum of all the time the phone has dialled out on calls and also all the time online during received incoming calls. I think it also includes
    time used on data calls too.

e.g. in your case I imagine you have spent a total of 50 mins 'on the phone' be it making or receiving calls.

S.

steve_p---01, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Lifetimer

In which menu did you find this lifetimer?

embedded_system, Dec 29, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Give System restore more space, as it will always delete earliest ones if not enough space is given. If you are insider, after every update it will shrink or be turned off altogether.

CountMike, Dec 29, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    @bumboola Judging by the system specs you entered in your forum profile, you only have the one drive? I would strongly consider getting a large mechanical drive. You could move things like this to the new drive and also move your user folders to it and various other items thereby giving more space to your SSD.

swarfega, Dec 29, 2016
  6. bumboola Win User
    Guys, the 256GB SSD drive is more than large enough for my needs (210+GB free space) and I have allocated 24GB for system restore, it was at around 15GB used and during the same session dropped to just 7GB used. Just would like to know why these four earlier restore points were deleted when there was plenty of space still allocated and no new system restore points have been created since December 22. Seems like they were deleted for no good reason.

Thanks

bumboola, Dec 30, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    I gave up on creating restore points but maybe you should look at Scheduled Maintenance, maybe Disk cleanup runs periodically. If you are insider, every new build installed clears out Restore points and in some cases turns off System Restore altogether. I've no idea if some regular updates do it too.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lifetime of restore points? - Similar Threads - Lifetime restore points

2. lifetime points unbalanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lifetime points unbalanced: I have been saving up for a Roblox giftcard and have got 1558 lifetime points on the website page but when i go back to the dashboard it says i got 1466. I figure that the microsoft giving charity page is taking some of my points as it says I have givven 92 points! I havee...
  3. lifetime points unbalanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lifetime points unbalanced: I have been saving up for a Roblox giftcard and have got 1558 lifetime points on the website page but when i go back to the dashboard it says i got 1466. I figure that the microsoft giving charity page is taking some of my points as it says I have givven 92 points! I havee...
  4. lifetime points unbalanced

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  6. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  7. restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  8. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...