Windows 10: Light Scribe drive not recognized

Discus and support Light Scribe drive not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have downloaded the Lightscribe template labeler program and can prepare a disc all the way to print. When I click on print the Lightscribe program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by b4truth, Jan 17, 2016.

1. b4truth Win User

Light Scribe drive not recognized

I have downloaded the Lightscribe template labeler program and can prepare a disc all the way to print. When I click on print the Lightscribe program searches but can't find my Lightscribe DVD drive. It was working with Windows 7 just fine. Now that I updated to Windows 10 it can't find it. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

:)

b4truth, Jan 17, 2016

2. Looking for Win10 driver for an HP dvd840

Have a HP DVD840 in a case that runs via USB port. BIOS sees the drive just fine, but Windows 10, and in fact, when I had Win8.0 & Win 8.1, Windows did NOT recognize the dvd. This unit has light scribe capability, but I am not concerned about having
    that. I just want Windows to recognize it, so that I can use as a portable backup dvd drive. Anyone have a fix for this?

GregAdams_1121, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Device Malfunction

I bought an External DVD Drive with light scribe although I can see it in the device mamanger it doesn't work is this do to windows 10 if so what's the solution

anthonyh1960, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

Light Scribe drive not recognized

1. Light Scribe drive not recognized - Similar Threads - Light Scribe drive

2. Drive Is Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Is Not Recognized: How can I turn my File History on as I have noticed that File History is not turned on?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-recognized/55bf93f6-78ae-4124-9cf2-6ef7b6a966a0
  3. Drive Is Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Is Not Recognized: How can I turn my File History on as I have noticed that File History is not turned on?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-recognized/55bf93f6-78ae-4124-9cf2-6ef7b6a966a0
  4. External USB Hard Drive will spin without the LED light and will not be recognized by Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB Hard Drive will spin without the LED light and will not be recognized by Windows: So I have a Lenovo External USB Hard Drive that won't be recognized by Windows, File Explorer, Disk Management or Device Manager. When I connect the drive, I can hear it spinning, however the LED light will not turn on / blink at all. Other observations from my findings...
  5. External USB Hard Drive will spin without the LED light and will not be recognized by Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB Hard Drive will spin without the LED light and will not be recognized by Windows: So I have a Lenovo External USB Hard Drive that won't be recognized by Windows, File Explorer, Disk Management or Device Manager. When I connect the drive, I can hear it spinning, however the LED light will not turn on / blink at all. Other observations from my findings...
  6. flash drive -- no light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flash drive -- no light: I bought a new Sandisk Cruzer 64 gb flash drive. But the little light on it does not work (in any USB port on any computer). When I google this, all the articles talk about a failed flash drive. But the drive works perfectly. All my computers recognize the drive and files...
  7. light scribe in my dvd cd rom driver?

light scribe in my dvd cd rom driver?: How can I know if Light Scribe is in my driver? I have downloaded and installed Light Scribe software, it opens but doesn't do anything or allow me to continue. Thanks!...
  8. Disk drive not recognized

Disk drive not recognized: I started up my computer this morning and noticed a hard drive was not responding. I checked my device manager and it said I had an unknown device. It displayed the following event. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_&Prod_\4&39693902&0&010000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous...
  9. Express Scribe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Express Scribe: I just installed Express Scribe Pro. Kinda had to buy the pro because I have a foot pedal for transcription services and the basic Express Scribe is not compatible with the foot pedal. However, ever since I installed Express Scribe, my cursor now has a spinning circle...
  10. USB flash drive not recognized -- light keeps blinking?

USB flash drive not recognized -- light keeps blinking?: Hi I recently purchased a Windows 10 tablet, everything else works fine except one annoying issue. I have a 64 GB USB 2.0 flash drive, which works well on my desktop PC (Windows 7). I also have another 16 GB USB stick (USB 2.0). Both USB sticks work fine on my desktop PC....