Windows 10: "Lightest" Browser for Win 10

Discus and support "Lightest" Browser for Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Any recs for a light browser, meaning low memory usage, cpu/disk usage ? Realize a lot of variable factors including the site visited. Just curious on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by torre, Aug 8, 2017.

1. torre Win User

"Lightest" Browser for Win 10

Any recs for a light browser, meaning low memory usage, cpu/disk usage ? Realize a lot of variable factors including the site visited. Just curious on other experiences.

I am running Windows Insider 16257 on a laptop with 4GB, i3 Intel processor. Use Edge as primary browser which (depending on site visited) is using from 300 to 577mb. Performance/speed not bad, but always searching for the best.

Of course, don't want to compromise security for speed.

:)

torre, Aug 8, 2017
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Aug 8, 2017
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

ATGT, Aug 8, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Nitro by Maxthon:

Maxthon Nitro | The Fastest Lightweight Web Browser | Free Download

Edwin, Aug 8, 2017
  5. DerDonc Win User
    Try Firefox. The newest version is supposed to have a quite good / low memory usage.

DerDonc, Aug 8, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Chrome without any addons is quite light. You want one that doesnt have the per tab process as it'l make it lighter.

swarfega, Aug 8, 2017
  7. TairikuOkami, Aug 8, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

Maxthon, is nice and light.

swarfega, Aug 8, 2017
  9. mike s Win User
    Or PaleMoon, one of the Mozilla derivatives. There is even a "netbook" (Atom/XP) optimized version for PC's with few resources.

mike s, Aug 8, 2017
  10. torre Win User
    Great replies ! Thanks to all !

Will do some testing.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Lightest" Browser for Win 10 - Similar Threads - Lightest Browser

2. How do I change my default browser in Outlook 365?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my default browser in Outlook 365?: I want all Outlook 365 email links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. NOT Microsoft Edge.Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser: I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser: I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's...
  5. Why do I get the Black Up-pointing Triangle: when I type t into my browsers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get the Black Up-pointing Triangle: when I type t into my browsers?: Hello,It seems to also happen when I type the following excluding the "" around the brackets:"c" becomes ©"f" becomes "r" becomes ®etc...This very annoying! It's some sort of keyboard shortcut which only happens on browsers chrome, edge, haven't tried any others.I am using a...
  6. Why do I get the Black Up-pointing Triangle: when I type t into my browsers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I get the Black Up-pointing Triangle: when I type t into my browsers?: Hello,It seems to also happen when I type the following excluding the "" around the brackets:"c" becomes ©"f" becomes "r" becomes ®etc...This very annoying! It's some sort of keyboard shortcut which only happens on browsers chrome, edge, haven't tried any others.I am using a...
  7. Why am I being blocked on my laptop from a grocery store website using the Chrome browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being blocked on my laptop from a grocery store website using the Chrome browser...: I have not been able to access the Giant food website on my computer using the Chrome browser for the last several months. I get the message "blocked". I can get it on my Edge browser using the same computer. Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to ix this? I am...
  8. Lightest Edition of Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lightest Edition of Windows 10 PC: Hello, What is the lightest edition of Windows 10 for PCs? Please be specific e.g. Home N, Home SL etc. Thanks in advance, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lightest-edition-of-windows-10-pc/5781281b-5034-4c1c-8ac1-fc8df6d85cb6
  9. Can anyone give me the lightest verion of windows 10 ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can anyone give me the lightest verion of windows 10 ???: I need the lightest version of Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-give-me-the-lightest-verion-of-windows/e5d0fd0e-4456-4e07-b417-a7c06313888f
  10. Lightest Anti-Virus you ever used?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lightest Anti-Virus you ever used?: First of all, I know that no antivirus is 100% secure, and that the best protection is surfing smart. But I've been searching for this answer for a long time. Its a fact that most top tier anti-virus programs (Avast, Avira, AVG etc), be it free or paid offer decent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which browser is the lightest for windows 10

2. which is the lightest browser win 10

3. lightest browser

4. lightest windows browser,
  5. lightest browsers for windows reddit,
  6. lightest browser for quicks searches