Windows 10: Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 Display Bug and workaround

Discus and support Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 Display Bug and workaround in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The latest release of Adobe Lightroom CC 7.2 (Released a few days ago), contains an issue with rendering previews of large files. The file renders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barman58, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Barman58 Win User

Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 Display Bug and workaround

The latest release of Adobe Lightroom CC 7.2 (Released a few days ago), contains an issue with rendering previews of large files.

The file renders at the "Fit" ( resolution but when you select a zoomed view especially 1:1 the image partly shows whilst showing loading but then disappears and will not appear at any any resolution other than Fit

Due to differences in the way that the Graphics processor is (or isn't) used the previews work fine in the Develop module and when edited in Photoshop.

Adobe is aware of this issue and is working on it but in the interim switching off the "Use Graphics Processor" and restarting Lightroom when this issue is seen is a workaround, until Adobe release a fix

This issue only affects some larger size files so is not a worry for most users, but of course with the current switch to UHD (4K) images the normal file size is growing

The file That triggered the issue for me was a DNG Panorama of 17748 x 3080 Pixels 246.36 MB but another similar file of 11390 x 6652 Pixel 227.94 MB displayed fine at all resolutions

:)

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018

2. How to edit a default app list

Another link on Adobe being a default is using the registry.

Below is a link

I cannot associate files with Adobe Photoshop CC | Adobe Community

They talk about photoshop, however, it can be done the same way with Lightroom CC.

Just make sure when naming the default app in the registry that the .exe is “Lightroom classic CC” instead of the “Lightroom CC”

BrienTravis, Feb 20, 2018
  3. How to edit a default app list

Gail,

Sorry that these steps are not working.

However, after researching on Adobe’a page, I’ve found out Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC are Data Base Applications. Which means can’t be set as Default Apps.

Below is a link to a similar question you’ve had, and a possible fix from Adobe.

Lightroom as Default Photo Viewer | Adobe Community

Once again, I hope this helps.

BrienTravis, Feb 20, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Go back to version 7.1 if it bothers you until Adobe fix the problem.

Steve C, Feb 20, 2018
  5. Barman58 Win User
    It does not bother me, I'm just letting others know how to solve the issue if they see it *092

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 Display Bug and workaround - Similar Threads - Lightroom Classic Display

2. Jewel 2 classic game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jewel 2 classic game: Jewel 2 classic game keeps reverting to Level 6 after I complete Level 1. I removed cache and even my highest score went away 181,000,000. I cannot play the game anymore. It seems to be broken not my computer system Windows 10 PC. Is anyone else having this problem?...
  3. Jewel 2 classic game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jewel 2 classic game: Jewel 2 classic game keeps reverting to Level 6 after I complete Level 1. I removed cache and even my highest score went away 181,000,000. I cannot play the game anymore. It seems to be broken not my computer system Windows 10 PC. Is anyone else having this problem?...
  4. Adobe Lightroom Classic for PC, plugin location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Lightroom Classic for PC, plugin location?: I have Lightroom Classic on my PC (Windows 10 latest version), and I have 2000 LRtemplate plugins for this program but have no idea how or where to install them? Does anyone have experience with this program and how to do this please? [ATTACH] Latest version of W10 (fully...
  5. Display 1/2 bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display 1/2 bug: Current situation: •Display 1: set as main panel, but recognized as if display 2 •Disolay 2: set as extended display, but recognized as display 1 So if I open things or play my display 1 is the main panel, no problem. But if I want to set my windows colors fitting my...
  6. Any Workaround/Fix for Connectivity Bug?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any Workaround/Fix for Connectivity Bug?: I installed the latest updates for Windows 10. Afterwards, I immediately noticed that my HP Desktop wasn't connecting to my home wireless network automatically. I read on Google that there is a Connectivity Bug affecting users who have applied the latest updates. I don't...
  7. Any Workaround/Fix for Connectivity Bug?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Workaround/Fix for Connectivity Bug?: I installed the latest updates for Windows 10. Afterwards, I immediately noticed that my HP Desktop wasn't connecting to my home wireless network automatically. I read on Google that there is a Connectivity Bug affecting users who have applied the latest updates. I don't...
  8. Driver Power State Failure when using Lightroom Classic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure when using Lightroom Classic: Good evening, when running Lightroom Classic on my Surface Book 2 (i7-8650U CPU, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Win10 Ver 1309), it always ends up with blue screen and Driver Power State Failure. The problem ouccured the first time about two weeks ago. There is no indication for any...
  9. Workaround For "Unattended Wakeup" Sleep Timeout Bug Now Also Bugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Workaround For "Unattended Wakeup" Sleep Timeout Bug Now Also Bugged: There has been a bug in Windows sleep that has existed in both Windows 10 and in previous versions. When Windows wakes from sleep, on some machines it sees the wake event as a remote wakeup event. The result is that the normal power settings are completely ignored, and a...
  10. Workaround For A Previously Known Windows Sleep Bug Now Also Bugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Workaround For A Previously Known Windows Sleep Bug Now Also Bugged: There has been a bug in Windows sleep that has existed in both Windows 10 and in previous versions. When Windows wakes from sleep, on some machines it sees the wake event as a remote wakeup event. The result is that the normal power settings are completely ignored, and a...