Windows 10: Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update

Discus and support Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to perform a clean install of Win10 RS1 from the Media Creation Tool, but from the MCT tool setup file, it is shown to be build 14393... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update

I would like to perform a clean install of Win10 RS1 from the Media Creation Tool, but from the MCT tool setup file, it is shown to be build 14393 which is the Insider Preview. I need the full final version of RS1 instead.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...DOfKv2OlFA6.97

When will Microsoft update its MCT tool to the FINAL version of RS1 or RS2 instead of being at the Technical Preview?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Oct 29, 2016
  2. [CG] Win User

Steps to perform a clean install of Windows 10 upgrade to a new SSD.

Thank-you for the descriptive and helpful answer. This will make my upgrade path smoother now knowing the steps I must take.

3. [CG] Win User
    Steps to perform a clean install of Windows 10 upgrade to a new SSD.

Hello Microsoft community,

I am currently running Win7Pro 64-bit upgrade from an initial WinXP clean install. It resides on an older 120GB SSD.

I bought a new SSD that I would like to use for my primary OS drive. I have secondary HDD/SSDs for data/games.

Is it possible to install the new SSD and have Win10 install into that drive instead of the one that is occupied by Win7Pro?

I do not mind having to reinstall certain programs and most of my data is backed up onto a secondary drive.

I am just unsure if that installation scenario is possible using the free upgrade option of Win10.

Another question, if this route was allowed; would it make my computer a dual-boot if I did not reformat the older SSD and kept Win7Pro on it?

Thank-you for any guidance on this issue. Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update :)

4. Kari Win User

Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update

Build 14393 is the official most recent public release, official name being Windows 10 version 1607. It was released on August 2nd. It was released for Windows Insider Fast Ring already in July, the blog post you linked to is about its release to Insider Slow and release rings a few days before its official public release.

MCT is offering and has always offered the last official release, which at the moment as mentioned above is Windows 10 version 1607 Build 14393. We Insiders are already using Build 14955.

Thema:

Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update

1. Like to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10 latest update - Similar Threads - perform Clean Install

2. Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation: HelloRecently I decided to perform a clean Windows 11 installation on my PC by created installation media on USB drive. I have done this before on my PC and I have never expierenced any issues, but this time it seems impossible to perform this installation.I created this...
  3. Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to perform a clean Windows 11 installation: HelloRecently I decided to perform a clean Windows 11 installation on my PC by created installation media on USB drive. I have done this before on my PC and I have never expierenced any issues, but this time it seems impossible to perform this installation.I created this...
  4. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  5. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  6. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update: Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not solved anything. I have emptied Temp and %Temp% files. Internet extremely slow, too, though I realize this is not Windows'...
  8. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install: Because my PC has many issues I want to do a clean install. However, I am having the following issue. When I go to start the install to my PC C drive, I get this error message. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table, Windows...
  9. Error while performing clean install of windows 10 fall creators updat

Error while performing clean install of windows 10 fall creators updat: I own a dell inspiron 5558 laptop.I was performing a clean installation of fall creators update by bootable usb drive. Since I was performing a clean installation so i selected boot from usb and started installing. I chose custom installation and deleted the partitions...
  10. Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.

Is 10 clean install with ISO just like a clean 7 install with ISO.: I already upgraded to 10 but would like to do a clean install , it successfully activated . Thank you 16092