Windows 10: Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a netbook that currently has Win 7 Ultimate SP1 installed and it works, even with AeroGlass....mind you it isn't the fastest and thank goodness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ex_Brit, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ?

I have a netbook that currently has Win 7 Ultimate SP1 installed and it works, even with AeroGlass....mind you it isn't the fastest and thank goodness I have my desktop.
    But Win 10 refuses to install on that netbook because it doesn't meet the graphics requirements.
    I was wondering if there would ever be a thin version for such instances?
    (Thin as in designed for legacy systems).

:)

Ex_Brit, Aug 11, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 11, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ? :)

musum, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Hushify Win User

Windows 7 Did, So why not?

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  5. strollin Win User
    What netbook is it? I upgraded an Acer Aspire One AO150 with a N270 Atom cpu and 1.5GB ram to Win 10 and it runs great. What graphics does your netbook have? This particular netbook was upgraded from Win 7 Pro. On another AO150, I had installed Win 8.1 but in order to run Metro apps, a registry tweak was required. I did not need to do anything to the registry to install Win 10 on the netbook.

Win 10 is already aimed at being able to be installed on tablets as well as desktops and laptops so I doubt there will ever be a "thinner" version of it.

strollin, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Ex_Brit Win User
    Exactly. Actually this old netbook is a thing I keep updated simply as an emergency helper should my tower become inoperable for any reason. At 3rd attempt it looks like it's relented and may install after all - it's got to the step "Making sure you're ready to install"....it never got that far before......I'll report back....LOL
    (This is like watching paint dry).

Ex_Brit, Aug 11, 2015
  7. strollin Win User
    The upgrade took 2.5 hours on my netbook so yes, just like watching paint dry!

strollin, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Ex_Brit Win User

LOL, thanks for that info, I shall now take a nap....!

Ex_Brit, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Aug 11, 2015
  10. Ex_Brit Win User
    Hmmmmm....very interesting....LOL Well currently my full installation is at 36% and nothing has blown up or melted. So let's see what happens.

Ex_Brit, Aug 11, 2015
  11. strollin Win User
    The IoT version of Win 10 has no gui so I don't think that's what he wants on his netbook.

strollin, Aug 12, 2015
  12. Ex_Brit Win User
    Thanks everyone. I successfully installed 10 Pro x86.

Ex_Brit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Likelihood Of A "Thin" Version Of Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Likelihood Thin Version

2. The windows edges look 2D with thin line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows edges look 2D with thin line: HiI dont know why my windows 11 edges look 2D with thin line although I selected best appearance what would be the problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-edges-look-2d-with-thin-line/4c05b98b-346b-4039-af20-d22386d4f67d
  3. Thin selectable row border in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thin selectable row border in Windows Explorer: Hey,Does anyone knows what triggers this happens? It's a selectable row border and mouse shows it's possible to ajust it's height but does nothing.If I'm not in mistake, it started to show up since last Windows 10 update. I have Home edition.Looking forward to the...
  4. hp thin client-: windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp thin client-: windows 10: Hi does any one know if there is a version of windows 10 for my HP thin client ? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-thin-client-windows-10/8c8ae28c-ee11-4d4f-8917-0d66ade29cea
  5. evoo ultra thin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    evoo ultra thin: What external storage can I add to the evoo ultra thin laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-ultra-thin/ce9aa1c7-117a-4835-a29e-378f8c41018b
  6. The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10

The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I took both my laptops into a computer shop because the text changed to a very thin, spidery appearance. The techies said that there was nothing wrong. So I went to a retail computer shop. The salesman showed me the laptops. I told him about the thin text...
  7. boarderless/thin bezel monitor??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    boarderless/thin bezel monitor??: Hey guys, Has anyone seen a 4k monitor anywhere between maybe 22inch to a 28inch that has an extremely thin bezel? Like a boarderless design? I’m going to run a dual or triple monitor setup and butting them together I need the least gap in the viewing area as possible. Thanks
  8. Font thin and pixelated.

Font thin and pixelated.: My font seems to be thin and pixelated on any display my laptop uses. [ATTACH]It is thin in some places and thick in others. I couldn't find any solutions online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thin-and-pixelated/cdcf72f4-68c1-49c7-93a7-24ec613b46c9
  9. Thin clients anybody ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thin clients anybody ?: Hi there Seems if you have a decent Server then the idea of Thin clients shouldn't be too horrible - especially for home networks -- presumably that way you can manage the network decently, use cheap hardware and people will still get a decent windows experience - with...
  10. Windows 10 embedded for thin clients - exist or not

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 embedded for thin clients - exist or not: Hi there Does anybody know if there will be a Windows 10 embedded for thin clients such as Dell WSYE. These thin clients are actually very useful connecting to networks / VDI's and can support dual monitors / external USB's etc and og course are VERY CHEAP, Currently...