Windows 10: Limit font choices

Discus and support Limit font choices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 comes with a zillion fonts. How can I limit the fonts shown in font select popups to just the few that I might actually want to use? 98106 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Nov 14, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Limit font choices

Win 10 comes with a zillion fonts. How can I limit the fonts shown in font select popups to just the few that I might actually want to use?

:)

tcebob, Nov 14, 2017

2. Taskbar Clock font is black, unreadable

I was able to change the taskbar color with theme settings. The selection of colors is seriously limited considering that fonts in Outlook have a huge color choice. Still, there is no excuse for the Windows 10 software engineers making the clock font black,
    and not giving us a choice of at least black or white (that's all that's really needed.)

Thanks.

Nantucketbob, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Taskbar Clock font is black, unreadable

I have changed the colors to make the black clock font visible, but the color choices are limited. Word and outlook have a gazillion color choices, so why not Windows 10, the flagship Microsoft program?

Nantucketbob, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Limit font choices

Go to Control Panel/Fonts, right click on fonts you don't want to see and choose 'Hide'.

Edwin, Nov 15, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Sounds like a pleasant afternoon's work. Thanks.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Limit font choices

1. Limit font choices - Similar Threads - Limit font choices

2. Limited choices of file types when messaging in Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited choices of file types when messaging in Phone Link: Why do I have limited choices of file types when messaging with Phone Link on my computer? I have more message attachment choices on my phone, so why not in Phone Link?Example #1: This is a screenshot of the choices of file types to send by messaging on my cellphone:Example...
  3. Limited choices of file types when messaging in Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limited choices of file types when messaging in Phone Link: Why do I have limited choices of file types when messaging with Phone Link on my computer? I have more message attachment choices on my phone, so why not in Phone Link?Example #1: This is a screenshot of the choices of file types to send by messaging on my cellphone:Example...
  4. PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish: Hello, I am just getting started with PowerShell and need some advice please. I have a script that has a choice menu to install software. The Installations are started with batch files and ps1 files. If I only select 1 choice it works fine. However if I select 2 the choices...
  5. Disc choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disc choice: What is the best disc to use to record my LPNs ? in music folder, WAV format I have CD-R, CD-RW DVD-R, DVD-RW. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-choice/3e92e995-164a-4454-9270-ae22220986c5
  6. Password Choice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Choice: Why does Microsoft not allow users to choose their own password? You change your password once with Microsoft and then you are stuck in the endless and merciless cycle of not remembering your new password and not being allowed to use your old password. Its one of the most...
  7. Antivirus choice

Antivirus choice: Hi i got very disappointed with Windows Defender, it kept deleting files, which I knew to be safe, so disabled everything about it I could find.then I began the search for a replacement. I can’t afford yearly subscriptions, so looked for free alternatives. I am unable to...
  8. Career choices

in Windows 10 Support
    Career choices: I am going to college in a few years and wanted to do pc repairs and/or open my own place. I had a question for you guys who own your own tech repair places/owned your own tech repair places: what education did you have if any? Any comments or info would be helpful. 150033
  9. Choices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choices: Is anyone else tired of being told I can't do something can't disable quick access in file explorer can't remove Bing can't get Cortana do use Google can't use network sharing any more and the list goes on,] I'm sure you have a few things to add as well Why does it...
  10. ad choice

ad choice: How can I get rid of this? It takes up my screen and makes start up very slow Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-choice/38f9182a-6da7-4e55-a17d-07c497f9ee95"