Windows 10: Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

Discus and support Limit Local User Access (10 Home) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer? 60343 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RamiYEH, Aug 14, 2016.

1. RamiYEH Win User

Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer?

:)

RamiYEH, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Andris49m Win User

Andy

Hi,

WINDOWS 10 HOME. Is there any possibility to make separate user account with limited access to internet (restrictions to visit certain web addresses) and applications ( impossible to delete or)?

Andris49m, Aug 14, 2016
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Fix Phone update through 3G

There is no way around this (and it is a limit agreed upon with the carriers). I suggest you visit a wifi hotspot or café in our local area to finish the download (if you hsve no wifi access at home).

7thSense, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

Hey,

Does this link help you? Limit Local User Access (10 Home) :)

Dropbox, Aug 14, 2016
  5. RamiYEH Win User
    I tried this, but I get a message telling me the group policy snap-in cannot be used in my edition of Windows 10 (Home).

RamiYEH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Limit Local User Access (10 Home) - Similar Threads - Limit Local User

2. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home: Hi Support team,Could you please assist me on the local user creation in Windows 10 Home. I couldn't create and getting the error. Please see attachment for your reference.Thank you,...
  3. Guest user / another user with limited access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest user / another user with limited access: Hello, I want to create an secondary user on my computer with limited access. I manage to create a secondary user without an Microsoft Account. Just with username and password. My problem is that this other user have access to the D-disk where i have all my personal files....
  4. How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 News
    How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home: [ATTACH]Local User and Group Management snap-in or lusrmgr.msc are one of the features of Windows 10, which allows admins to manage local users and groups […] This article How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home: I'm setting up a laptop for my kids. It's running Windows 10 Home. I am the administrator and there are three local accounts for the kids. Is there a way to install programs on my administrator account that they can all use them? When I installed office I had to activate...
  6. Creating a new local user account with limited rights

Creating a new local user account with limited rights: My computer has C and D drive. Is it possible to create a new local user account which has an entire new desktop to itself and has no access to C & D drive ? Currently, the new local user account I created still has access to quite a number of programs. Is this because...
  7. Limit users to their home folder

Limit users to their home folder: Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on). I checked with Group...
  8. Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home: I am just wondering how GP, LP, and RDP/RDC are being used to limit my access and install, configure and manage my system resources when I only have Windows 10 Home which should not contain those capabilities. I certainly do not have access to gpedit, or LP, and no matter...
  9. How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?

How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?: I am setting up computers for public use. They came pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home. I need some things: 1. Ability for local user to sign in without password 2. Limited access to programs said user (whitelist if possible) 3. No access for local user to files and drives....
  10. Local access user login

Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...