Windows 10: Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10

Discus and support Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10 How to Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10 [img] Information In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by garyb0125, Jun 13, 2016.

1. garyb0125 Win User

Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10

How to: Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10

How to Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10

Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone.

OneDrive is free online storage at OneDrive.com that comes with your Microsoft account. It’s like an extra hard drive that’s available from any of the devices you use. You no longer need to email files to yourself or carry around (and possibly lose) a USB flash drive. Instead, whether you’re on your laptop and working on a presentation, viewing photos from your last family vacation on your new tablet, or on your phone reviewing your shopping list, you can get to your files in OneDrive.

The time it takes to upload or download a large amount of data from OneDrive depends on your Internet connection speed, how close you are geographically to our servers, how much your Internet service provider lets you upload in a day, the speed of your computer, and other factors.

Sometimes OneDrive could use up all your available wireless bandwidth if a download or upload is in progress.

If you use a wireless network connection, you will be able to set a download and upload bandwidth rate limit for OneDrive.

This tutorial will show you how to set a OneDrive download and upload bandwidth rate limit for your account in Windows 10.

Tip Here are some tips for maximizing the transfer speed:
    • Use a wired instead of a wireless connection.
    • Avoid running other apps on your computer when you're uploading or downloading a large amount of data.
    • Avoid using your Internet connection for other activities while you're transferring a large amount of data. It might help to upload or download at night, when the connection is getting less use from other people in your area.
    • Before you begin transferring a large amount of data, make sure your computer isn't set to go to sleep. If it goes to sleep, all uploading and downloading will stop.

Here's How:

1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive
    notification area icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If OneDrive is currently not running to show this icon, then run: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

2. In the Network tab, select (dot) to either Adjust automatically, Don't limit (default), or Limit to the KB/s you want for the Upload rate, select (dot)
    Don't limit (default), or Limit to the KB/s you want for the Download rate, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

garyb0125, Jun 13, 2016

2. File reach maximum number of download

Did they upload it to a file sharing service? If so, there might be a limit on the amount of free downloads per day. As your friend to send it through another service or upload it to OneDrive then send the share link.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2016
  3. AnMcC Win User
    Windows 10 hogs all available bandwidth

I've just switched to OneDrive and my music, documents and photos take up about 120GB, I activated OneDrive and as all of you have found, its hogs all the bandwidth, so basically while its running no one in the house can use the internet.

I've been literally pulling my hair out until I found this information:

Limit Skydrive upload bandwidth in Windows 8.1

I installed this utility NetBalancer and told to limit the OneDrive process in terms of upload, I have a 2Mbps upload connection so I limited OneDrive to 1Mbps.

Its a pity Microsoft didn't incorporate this functionality, perhaps they may still as I know there are a votes for it in the suggested features page.

AnMcC, Jun 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Gary, *Smile

This is from the OneDrive 17.3.6390.0509 version to help. Are you using a wireless network? It won't be there if you're using a wired network.

Brink, Jun 13, 2016
  5. garyb0125 Win User
    Thanks Shawn,
    I confirmed that my OneDrive build is the same as yours. Also, I am using a wireless network. However, instead of the Network tab, I have an office tab that looks like this:

I have Office 2013 installed as well. Could that be the difference?

garyb0125, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's normal to also have the "Office" tab since you have Office 2013 installed. It wouldn't replace the "Network" tab.

It seems limited to Insider Builds currently, and is not available on all systems yet. What build of Windows 10 do you have installed?

Brink, Jun 13, 2016
  7. garyb0125 Win User
    I think you've answered my question. I am not on an Insider Build. Here's my current level:

Guess I just need to wait for the Anniversary update! Thanks for the help!

garyb0125, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Limit OneDrive Download and Upload Rate in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Limit OneDrive Download

2. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  3. Rate Limited on Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rate Limited on Yahoo Mail: Hi! I don't know why, but I've been locked out of my mail for the last two days !!!. It started Thursday morning with "We noticed unusual account activity" message when I tried to log in. It had happened before, but after a few hours Yahoo would change its mind about it and I...
  4. Rate Limited on Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rate Limited on Yahoo Mail: Hi! I don't know why, but I've been locked out of my mail for the last two days !!!. It started Thursday morning with "We noticed unusual account activity" message when I tried to log in. It had happened before, but after a few hours Yahoo would change its mind about it and I...
  5. Rate Limited on Yahoo Mail

6. WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP: I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm accessing my M365 OneDrive accounts using WinSCP. I can connect to the OneDrive folders using the WebDAV interface. I am able to successfully connect to my OneDrive folders using the third-party app WinSCP and I'm able to download very...
  7. WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP

WebDAV and file upload limit with OneDrive and WinSCP: I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm accessing my M365 OneDrive accounts using WinSCP. I can connect to the OneDrive folders using the WebDAV interface. I am able to successfully connect to my OneDrive folders using the third-party app WinSCP and I'm able to download very...
  8. Limit download/upload of certain programs?

Limit download/upload of certain programs?: Does anyone know how to set a maximum download/upload speed for certain programs on Windows or with other programs? For example, a maximum of 5 Mbps or similar. Down-/Upload von bestimmten Programmen limitieren?
  9. Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal

Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal: I have 30mbps down/ 10mbps up network at my home. All other devices except my laptop is getting full down and upload speeds. With my pc I only get 10 mbps downloads and getting full 15 mbps upload. I dont know why my laptop is limiting my network downloads. I have tried...
  10. IIS upload limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    IIS upload limit: Hi, Is there a way to upload file greater than 4 GB through my application hosted on IIS ? I am unable to increase the value greater than 4294967295 in the Request Filtering. Giving 0 and uploading more than 4 GB file throwing HTTP Error 413. Thanks in Advance, Satish...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive uploads take all available bandwidth

2. onedrive for business limit download rate

3. is ther a per day limit to onedrive business