Windows 10: Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed?

Discus and support Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, Is there anyway to limit the amount of Virtual Desktops allowed in Windows 10 so far? I know that in Ubuntu which has had the Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Nemix, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Nemix Win User

Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed?

Hi,

Is there anyway to limit the amount of Virtual Desktops allowed in Windows 10 so far?

I know that in Ubuntu which has had the Virtual Desktops feature enabled in it's OS for a very long time allows you to do so, mostly for lower end PC's which opening more Virtual Desktops would use valuable background resources.

:)

Nemix, Jun 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro and Virtual Box Dual screens Screen Resolution

This might be a limitation based on the amount of video memory available or supported by the virtual machine.

Do you have the guest additions installed? Is it still limited to 1400x1050 when fully maximized?

Andre Da Costa, Jun 9, 2015
  3. OneNote "Dock to Desktop" Feature Uses Screenspace on all Virtual Desktops

I'm using the virtual desktop feature on Windows 10 and noticed that if you trigger the OneNote "Dock to Desktop" feature, the screen space consumed on the side of the screen persists through all virtual desktops. How can I avoid that? For example, docking
    OneNote on virtual desktop 1 will make virtual desktop 2 consume limited screen space.

stanimal21, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Why don't you just NOT open too many desktops?

Mystere, Jun 9, 2015
  5. Nemix Win User
    It would be easy to manage if I were the one using the computer but for the kids using the desktop it might become a problem.

I might just look into disabling the feature altogether once I upgrade to Windows 10 on the kids lower end computer machine.

Nemix, Jun 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Nemix, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you like, you can hide the "Task view" button on the taskbar button for specific user accounts by performing an option in the tutorial below to help keep them from using it. At least until they set it to show again. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  7. Nemix Win User
    Thanks Brink,

It's a good solution for now until I start digging up into Windows 10 registry once the OS is released.

+Rep.

Nemix, Jun 9, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're welcome. I'm going to also be digging to see if there's a group policy that'll disable it as well. If I find one, I'll post back for it. *Smile

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I think Virtual Desktops shouldn't be confused with Virtual Machines.

@ Mods - I'd suggest putting this thread in the installation and setup as this refers to Native Windows (although of course you can still use this feature on a Virtual W10 machine !!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 10, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Jimbo,

The forum is "Virtualization", and not "Virtual Machines". *Wink

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Limit the amount of Virtual Desktop allowed? - Similar Threads - Limit amount Virtual

2. New Virtual Desktops do not allow separate sessions

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Virtual Desktops do not allow separate sessions: Windows SpecificationsEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎13/‎01/‎2021OS build 19045.2604Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0IssueWhen I press Win + Tab to open the Tasks View and click the New Desktop button, I get just an additional desktop...
  3. New Virtual Desktops do not allow separate sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Virtual Desktops do not allow separate sessions: Windows SpecificationsEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎13/‎01/‎2021OS build 19045.2604Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0IssueWhen I press Win + Tab to open the Tasks View and click the New Desktop button, I get just an additional desktop...
  4. New Virtual Desktops do not allow separate sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I limit a virtual desktop to one monitor

How can I limit a virtual desktop to one monitor: Hi, I have a PC running windows 10 with three monitors. I would like to run Steam VR and have all it's spawned windows display only on one Monitor #3 which is not the main monitor. However, whenever Steam launches a window based on a VR app it displays on another monitor,...
  6. Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?: For example capping chrome to 25% ram usage and 10% CPU usage? Would be great if possible submitted by /u/pooperT100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbxxqu/is_it_possible_to_limit_an_application_to_a/
  7. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  8. Core limits per user for Windows Virtual Desktop

Core limits per user for Windows Virtual Desktop: Hi, In my POC with a customer, I noticed that for 'Heavy' user profile, each user was defaulted to only 1 vCore per user. What I am keen to know is: 1: How to increase the number of vCores per user to 2 2: How to increase RAM limit per user to higher than default I...
  9. Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1

Limit the amount of logged accounts to 1: Hello, I want to ask how can I limit the amount of logged users on a domain-joined PC to 1. To be more specific, the PCs are locking after a certain time, but happens, that other user logs at it and then some of the programs aren't working, due to the first user still being...
  10. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...