Windows 10: Limited Connection through Wi-Fi after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Limited Connection through Wi-Fi after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 Connection to Internet through Wi-Fi is not happening after that though it is happening via LAN Cable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shubham, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Shubham Win User

Limited Connection through Wi-Fi after Windows 10 upgrade

I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Connection to Internet through Wi-Fi is not happening after that though it is happening via LAN Cable.

Whenever I try to connect through Wi-Fi it gets stuck showing Limited Connectivity and No Internet Access.

I went through some threads and found that it can be solved by disabling "Block Internet Connection Sharing" setting in Bit Defender but I am not using Bit Defender.

I am using Windows Defender instead and am not able to find such setting in that.

Kindly help me with it as it has been really frustrating.

:)

Shubham, Dec 15, 2015

2. Limited or no WiFi connection after upgrading from Windows 8.1

Original title: wi fi connection

after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1,no wi fi or limited wi fi,in settings show wi fi is connected,but in network and sharing center show wi fi disconnected,and the wi fi light is ambar permanently,the wi fi botton not turn on the wi fi.

Iupdate the drivers, is any thing i can do to fix it?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

HectorEdenburg, Dec 15, 2015
  3. wi-fi botton not work after upgrade to windows 10

HI every body,I need some help,after upgrade to windows 10 ,my wi-fi botton not work,I do have internet connection with the ethernet cable,no problem,but wi-fi is limited and some time no wi-fi at all,how to fix it?thanks apreciate any help

HectorEdenburg, Dec 15, 2015
  4. 1nitram2 Win User

Have you tried powercycling your router?

1nitram2, Dec 15, 2015
  5. Shubham Win User
    Yes I have done that and lot of times too.

Shubham, Dec 15, 2015
  6. 1nitram2 Win User
    1nitram2, Dec 15, 2015
  7. Shubham Win User
    I don't think there is a problem with signal strength as Wi-Fi router is in my room only.

Also before upgrade to Windows 10 my Wi-Fi worked properly.

Shubham, Dec 15, 2015
  8. 1nitram2 Win User

Try channels channels, then try different drivers.

1nitram2, Dec 15, 2015
  9. Shubham Win User
    Sorry,

Could not understand the meaning of channels channels and also what different drivers should I try?

Shubham, Dec 15, 2015
  10. Shubham Win User
    Hi,

Just now I googled channels.

I don't think there is any problem with my router as I am able to connect my Smartphone to internet through Wi-Fi signal from that router.

Shubham, Dec 15, 2015
  11. 1nitram2 Win User
    Channels channels should read different channels.
    The drivers may work better at a different frequency.

To change drivers you need to look in device manager to find the name of the adapter/card and then search for drivers.

1nitram2, Dec 15, 2015
  12. Shubham Win User
    I checked and found Network Adapters in my Device Manager up to date.

Talking about channels if there was any problem there then I would not have been able to connect to internet in my smartphone.

Shubham, Dec 15, 2015
  13. 1nitram2 Win User

You have to search for alternative drivers.

The adapters might prefer a different channel.

1nitram2, Dec 15, 2015
  14. brummyfan Win User
    Can you tell us the make and model of your Wi-Fi adapter, driver version.

brummyfan, Dec 15, 2015
  15. Shubham Win User
    Hi,

Here are the details of my WiFi adapter and driver version.

Dell Wireless 1702 802.11b|g|n

Driver Version : 3.0.2.181

Looking forward to your response

Shubham, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Limited Connection through Wi-Fi after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Limited Connection through

2. Windows 10 No Wi-Fi connection,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 No Wi-Fi connection,: I have a HP main frame computer and laptop. Both with windows 10. My ISP is sky and is wireless connection. I have wireless connection on the laptop but no internet connection on the main frame. Have done all the usual problem solving as per windows 10 instructions. I...
  3. Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi not connecting in Windows 10: submitted by /u/Mc_King_95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jytajg/wifi_not_connecting_in_windows_10/
  4. Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!

Windows 10 'Wi-FI' Connectivity!: The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and problem but after trying all methods found a solution!! Here's how: Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Network and...
  5. Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10

Wi- Fi connection on Windows 10: Hello and thanks to those who replied to my earlier post about getting wi-fi set up. I've now bought a Max Digi dongle and downloaded the driver from Realteck. My PC recognises these but still won't connect up. I suspect that the problem is Windows Defender since the shield...
  6. Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity: Installed new eero WIFI, works great on all Apple products. Used the same network name. The Dell windows 10 machine shows network2 when you curser over network icon (just NETWORK in WIFI setting area) and download speed is be held to 5 MBPS while Apple devices at 150. GEEK...
  7. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  8. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  9. No Wi-Fi connection Window 10

No Wi-Fi connection Window 10: Hi, I have no Wi-Fi connection, and when I check IP Configuration it states...................... Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi : Media state......................................... : Media disconnected Connection Specific DNS Suffix : Wireless LAN adapter Local Area...
  10. no wi-fi connection after upgrading from 8.1

no wi-fi connection after upgrading from 8.1: Hi everyone just upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. windows 10 will not let me connect to internet with Wi-Fi, it is ok on an Ethernet cable. can anyone please help. My computer is an Acer Aspire V3-571. Regards 55479