Windows 10: Limited WiFi and ethernet

Discus and support Limited WiFi and ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded to Widows 10 some weeks ago from Win 7. All has been fine, however this morning my WiFi stopped working saying "limited connection". It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gogobongopop, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Limited WiFi and ethernet

I upgraded to Widows 10 some weeks ago from Win 7. All has been fine, however this morning my WiFi stopped working saying "limited connection". It also says the same thing when using Ethernet. Both say they are limited. I've ruled out problems with my router and I've upgraded my Ethernet driver to the latest and tried another wireless adapter, but no luck. Something really seems broken.

I don't know if its related but also thus morning I noticed a big windows update waiting. Can't remember the version but it was the one that has put colour back into window title bars.

Pretty sure its not the VPN issue I've read about.

Any idea? I'm stuck!

:)

Gogobongopop, Nov 28, 2015
  2. IanS_69 Win User

Wifi and Ethernet are Limited on Windows 10

Thanks Ganesh,

That seems to have fixed it, was getting very frustrated with it constantly going off!

IanS_69, Nov 28, 2015
  3. vecajoe Win User
    Wifi and Ethernet are Limited on Windows 10

I have this same problem with my Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 running on a Clevo gaming laptop. It's been on Limited status for the past 16hrs now. No connection to the internet whatsoever. I tried this fix below but it doesn't work for me. I've also
    set wireless settings to maximum performance under Power Options in Control Panel. No luck. Please help!!

vecajoe, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

Limited WiFi and ethernet

1. Limited WiFi and ethernet - Similar Threads - Limited WiFi ethernet

2. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  3. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  4. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  6. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  7. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

8. Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.: My both network connections are always showing 'LIMITED', even if connected with multiple different routers. I already restarted my pc many times, please help to to fix this....
  9. Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.

Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.: My both network connections are always showing 'LIMITED', even if connected with multiple different routers. I already restarted my pc many times, please help to to fix this....
  10. ETHERNET SPEED LIMITED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ETHERNET SPEED LIMITED: Why is the speed of my ethernet limited to 10 mbps? The speed that I'm getting on my laptop and phone when connected wirelessly is ranging from 90-200mbps depending on the distance from the router.I have already updated the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Network Driver a...