Windows 10: Line In audio bypasses REALTEK Equalizer

Discus and support Line In audio bypasses REALTEK Equalizer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased some new headphones, which turned out to be a little too bass heavy for my liking. No problem, I just went into my realtek audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by primativ, Nov 15, 2017.

1. primativ Win User

Line In audio bypasses REALTEK Equalizer

I just purchased some new headphones, which turned out to be a little too bass heavy for my liking. No problem, I just went into my realtek audio manager and under effects for the headphones, I turned the equalizer to the treble setting. Problem solved as far as Itunes and youtube are concerned.

Now here is the issue, I play my guitar through my computer using the line out of my amplifier, and the sound from the headphones is just as bass heavy as before I eq'd it. So the line in audio appears to bypass realteks eq for my headphones somehow.*cry

Is there a way to force realteks eq settings onto the line in sound?

:)

primativ, Nov 15, 2017

2. How to permanently delete Realtek audio Driver on Windows 10

I do not want to use realtek audio driver, because the high definition audio driver has more powerfull bass( in the equalizer), but If I uninstall the realtek driver, it just reinstalls itself back, and I am stuck with it....( on windows 10).

Original title: Realtek audio Driver

CarpusorRazvan, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Elikruj Win User
    Windows 10 - Audio sounds tinny when headphones are plugged in

Whatbive done that seems to work is to go into Realtek Audio, go into speakers and then to sound effects, near the bottom is a dropdown box thatll let you choose to use an equalizer, and then yiu can simply edit the qualizer until the audio is to your
    liking. A default example of an equalizer can be found in Google images.

Elikruj, Nov 15, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

I have a recording studio. I don't use Realtek for recording, though.

If you don't have it set, set the "Stereo Mix" as the default Recording device. That is "what you hear" so it MAY change the EQ to what you have set.

The best way is to return the headset, if you can, and get a different one. I use an Audio Technica ATHM50H in my studio and its fairly "flat" on sound reproduction, not emphasizing bass like some do (Beats headsets for example do emphasize bass).
    Another headset I use is Sony MDR7506 and they are very close to the Audio Technica.

You could also just change the EQ on the amplifier. May not sound good with the amp's speaker but it will compensate for your bass heavy headset.

fireberd, Nov 15, 2017
  5. primativ Win User
    Thanks fireberd, I'll have to try stereo mix.

I like most things about the headphones other than the bass. They have an all metal frame and the cables are detachable. I've been through too many plastic headphones that only last a year or less.

I tried changing the amplifier eq which helped a little, but it didn't sound the way I'm used to.

I'll post my results using stereo mix later.

primativ, Nov 15, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    I use headphones for recording but don't use them for mixing down. I use my studio monitor speakers. The headphones can "lead you astray" when trying to mix down.

fireberd, Nov 16, 2017
  7. primativ Win User
    I can see how they could lead one astray. If I was basing my mix on these headphones it would be all treble by the end of it. Why don’t all headphones just start out with a flat eq. I mean let the user eq them bassy if they want.

I found the fix for my problem. I couldn’t correct it in the Realtek manager, but I could using windows recording tab under manage audio devices.

I selected my “line in” and in its properties under “listen” I had to check the “listen to this device” check box. Now Realtek effects are applied. Not sure why that option isn’t available in Realtek manager. It seems like an oversight.

Only issue now is the eq seems to add a delay to the sound even with the environment effects off.

Probably need to get new headphones, oh well.

Thanks again for your time.

primativ, Nov 17, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

The "delay" you are hearing is probably "latency". PC sound cards are noted for having poor latency. That is if you want to record (or play along) with some audio on the PC, your recorded (or play along) will be off by whatever latency is in the sound device.

For that reason, a recording interface unit is preferred over the PC's sound card. Even relatively inexpensive USB connected devices are much better than the PC sound card.

In my recording studio, my latency is 3.3ms on record and about the same on playback.

Look into a recording device such as the (popular on recording forums) Focusrite 2i2 or something similar.
    Here is a link to the Sweetwater Music site (where I buy most of my recording gear as they offer a free 2nd year warranty on most items).
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlet2i2G2

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Line In audio bypasses REALTEK Equalizer - Similar Threads - Line audio bypasses

2. Realtek HD Audio console Equalizer doesn't work in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek HD Audio console Equalizer doesn't work in games: After updating windows 10 to windows 11 i noticed that my sound is different when in games, while in programs like browser, etc the sound is normal with my current equalizer preset active. but when in game the equalizer doesnt seem to work changing preset still like <none>...
  3. Realtek HD Audio console Equalizer doesn't work in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek HD Audio console Equalizer doesn't work in games: After updating windows 10 to windows 11 i noticed that my sound is different when in games, while in programs like browser, etc the sound is normal with my current equalizer preset active. but when in game the equalizer doesnt seem to work changing preset still like <none>...
  4. realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?: realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer.Can someone help me? why this field is missing?Realtek Audio Control:audio driver version: 6.0.9228.01UI version: 1.27.254.0reinstalled this app, the same....
  5. realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer?: realtek audio console missing Sound effects equalizer.Can someone help me? why this field is missing?Realtek Audio Control:audio driver version: 6.0.9228.01UI version: 1.27.254.0reinstalled this app, the same....
  6. lost equalizer tab in Realtek HD audio manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost equalizer tab in Realtek HD audio manager: Hi,I am using Windows 10 pro 20H2 and Realtek driver version 6.0.8858.1. I cannot find the equalizer tab in Realtek HD audio manager. I have searched many ways on Google but there is no way to fix this. I have tried one way by reinstalling the older version driver. Although...
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio and Groove Equalizer.

Realtek High Definition Audio and Groove Equalizer.: So, I've recently tried to change the equalizer on the Groove Music app but the equalizer would not stick, like as soon as I close the equalizer dialog box the sound changes back to "normal". My guess is maybe my laptop is a bit old(and by a bit old, I mean a relic by...
  8. Equalizer not working in Asus Realtek Audio console

Equalizer not working in Asus Realtek Audio console: Hello! I have a problem that is bugging me. I searched everywhere but I could not find a solution so I hope you guys could help me. I am not an audio expert so I hope that my question will sound stupid and easy to fix for you! :) I have recently downloaded the Realtek (R)...
  9. LINE IN REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO NOT PLUGGED IN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    LINE IN REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO NOT PLUGGED IN?: LINE IN REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO NOT PLUGGED IN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-in-realtek-high-definition-audio-not-plugged/5aff8ff8-0983-4401-9f55-d9b6164752b1
  10. Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in

Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in: Hi, I am trying to input/record sound from the line input on my PC (HP Elite G100 Tower). There is no sound, nothing plays on the speakers, Windows Sound meters show no activity, and I cannot record. I do have ok sound from browser and media player on the pc. I have the...