Windows 10: Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

Discus and support Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here are my "relevant" system specs: CPU: 5960X Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme This seemed to have worked fine under Windows 7, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOSHSKORN, Sep 15, 2015.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

Here are my "relevant" system specs:
    CPU: 5960X
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme

This seemed to have worked fine under Windows 7, but it stopped working awhile ago, I "think" about the time I upgraded to Windows 10. My Line-in will not playback any audio through my headset, I'm looking at my Recording Devices and I notice that the microphone on my headset is receiving sound when I talk into it (the volume bars increase/decrease depending on how loud I talk), but after plugging my monitor into my Line-in and also trying my phone, I cannot seem to get more than 1 bar of sound. I tried two different cables, same results. I know for a fact that Realtek HD is detecting when I plug something into the port, as SupremeFX appears and wants me to confirm which port I plugged something into.

Can someone help me on the issue?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Sep 15, 2015

2. How do I set up my bluetooth speaker?

That is what I have been trying to tell you...When I right click the volume button and select Playback Devices. The Bluetooth speaker doesn't appear, although it says it's connected in settings and in the action center. It does not appear in Playback
    Devices.

NicholasPrussock, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10

I am running a MacBook Pro 15" (late 2011) which has BootCamp enabling Windows 10 Evaluation Copy 16232.rs_prerelease.170624-1334 (Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview).

I do not see the ability to select any of your suggested recording devices ("Wave Out Mix" ... "Stereo Mix") when selecting any of the "Speakers" from the Playback tab as you suggest. My list of Playback devices shows the MacBook (internal speakers), my
    Display's audio, the Line Out as well as my Wireless Headset.

It would be nice to simply select playback to more than one device (and control its total output) directly from the Volume Control box provided by a right click of the Taskbar icon.

BradyBlair, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

1. Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device - Similar Threads - Line doesn't playback

2. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.: I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and changing devices, this only changes the default audio device, not the default communication device. This becomes a...
  3. Bluetooth Devices Not Available Under Playback Selections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Devices Not Available Under Playback Selections: Running Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. Bluetooth devices are showing as paired, Bose Headphones for example. Yet when I open the Sound panel they don't show up as a Playback option on that tab. What gives?...
  4. Bluetooth Devices Not Available Under Playback Selection

Bluetooth Devices Not Available Under Playback Selection: Running Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. Bluetooth devices are showing as connected and paired, Bose Headphones for example. Yet when I open the Sound panel they don't show up as a Playback option on that tab. What gives? All bluetooth diagnostics have been run but I can't...
  5. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  6. The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work: Hi, This little window that appears when you click the Sound icon doesn't work 1 out of 3 times I start Windows, the solution is restarting Windows, which is super annoying. Is this a known bug and is there any solution? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  7. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  8. Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..: Hi guys.. Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add...
  9. Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..: Hi guys.. Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add...
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...